Rpi @ bu 1/4/13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rpi @ bu 1/4/13

Everyone seems afraid to start this one-but there is no hesitation to start a thread against Sacred Heart. Wonder why???? Go Red!!!!!! I purposely haven't started many this year as my record in the past has not brought us much success. But it appears that the frequent thread starters rush to start the threads against the softer teams on the schedule. BU is certainly not one of them. Perhaps RB should toss the thread starting stats so that no one is afraid to damage their record?
    Last edited by DrDemento; 01-04-2013, 06:13 AM.
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Re: Rpi @ bu 1/4/13

2012-13 Thread-Starting Statistics:
    Code:
    Ralph Baer         5- 2- 2 10 points   .667
    fr joe             1- 2- 2  4 points   .400
    GRussinko          1- 0- 0  2 points  1.000
    hockeyhound        0- 1- 0  0 points   .000
    burgie12           0- 1- 0  0 points   .000
    engineerhockeyfan  0- 1- 0  0 points   .000

Cumulative 2003-04 - 2012-13 Thread-Starting Statistics
    Code:
    Ralph Baer        30-30-10 70 points  .500
    fr joe            28-34- 8 65 points  .464
    engineerhockeyfan 16-21- 4 36 points  .439
    Red Cloud         11- 2- 1 23 points  .821
    hockeyhound       11-14- 1 23 points  .442
    GRussinko          9-14- 2 20 points  .400
    rpihockeyfan13     6- 6- 1 13 points  .500
    DrDemento          4-14- 3 11 points  .262
    RPIBMW             4- 5- 1  9 points  .450
    FlagDUDE08         4- 0- 0  8 points 1.000
    HighlanderRPI      3- 4- 1  7 points  .438
    burgie12           3- 2- 0  6 points  .600
    jericho            3- 7- 0  6 points  .300
    RPIHFH             1- 1- 1  3 points  .500
    JennyRN            1- 1- 1  3 points  .500
    Waite21            1- 4- 1  3 points  .250
    berbs91            1- 0- 0  2 points 1.000
    ambersuds          1- 0- 0  2 points 1.000
    JCrawford          1- 0- 0  2 points 1.000
    drshoen            1- 0- 0  2 points 1.000
    Jeffrey On         1- 1- 0  2 points  .500
    lugnut92           1- 2- 0  2 points  .333
    NYhockeyguy        1- 2- 0  2 points  .333
    REDRocket          1- 3- 0  2 points  .250
    redrocker          0- 0- 1  1 point   .500
    RKarger            0- 0- 1  1 point   .500
    fishcore12         0- 0- 1  1 point   .500
    Rockchops          0- 1- 1  1 point   .250
    vicb               0- 3- 1  1 point   .125
    RenPI              0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    johnk              0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    Cookin4Fun         0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    RPI-Fan-Go-Red     0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    Gophers #1         0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    ZYanksRule         0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    redhead18          0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    Priceless          0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    jmhusker           0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    REDaero91          0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    RPI92              0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    hawthr             0- 2- 0  0 points  .000

For your listening pleasure:

Fight Song
    ****** src="http://pepband.union.rpi.edu/music/LongHail.mp3" Loop=0 Volume=100 Panel="true" Height=20 Width=200 Controller="true" Autostart="false" Autoplay="false" Type="audio/mpeg">

Alma Mater
    ****** src="http://pepband.union.rpi.edu/music3/06%20Alma%20Mater.mp3" Loop=0 Volume=100 Panel="true" Height=20 Width=200 Controller="true" Autostart="false" Autoplay="false" Type="audio/mpeg">
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
      Everyone seems afraid to start this one-but there is no hesitation to start a thread against Sacred Heart. Wonder why???? Go Red!!!!!! I purposely haven't started many this year as my record in the past has not brought us much success. But it appears that the frequent thread starters rush to start the threads against the softer teams on the schedule. BU is certainly not one of them. Perhaps RB should toss the thread starting stats so that no one is afraid to damage their record?
      Not afraid, just wanted to give someone else a chance. I actually had intended to start it at 7 AM if no one else did, but I was busy then.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Need some help with the Tags for this thread.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Well said Doc. I got most of my posts when I was still working because I got up early and the treads for games against Cornell and other heavy hitters had not been started yet.
          Since retirement, I just don't get up early enough to start any threads. I kind of like that.
          I think you started a winner this time.
          Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
          Benjamin Franklin
          The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
          Gary Player

Comment

Perhaps RB should toss the thread starting stats so that no one is afraid to damage their record?
            If there is a clammering for this, I will get of them. OTOH, threads always seem to get started.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I started the thread at Yale in 09-10 when everyone was picking against us. I just sleep early (not early enough to say Good Morning to MEUSA).

Comment

Troy Record indicating Matt Neal might be out tonight.....http://www.troyrecord.com/articles/2...mode=fullstory
                Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

As an alum of both schools, I would have done it but didn't get the chance. I wouldn't worry too much Doc... RPI has seemed to play well at BU lately. I don't like the fact that BU is coming off of a 6-0 loss though. Parker will have his boys ready tonight. The Engineers are coming on lately. This will be a good one. Luckily my son's hockey schedule is open tonight and tomorrow night so I get to see two games within 40 minutes of home!

Comment

Ask some of the BC folks to drop by and have some fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                      Need some help with the Tags for this thread.
                      What the previous comment was in reference to...

Comment

Originally posted by jmhusker View Post
                        As an alum of both schools, I would have done it but didn't get the chance. I wouldn't worry too much Doc... RPI has seemed to play well at BU lately. I don't like the fact that BU is coming off of a 6-0 loss though. Parker will have his boys ready tonight. The Engineers are coming on lately. This will be a good one. Luckily my son's hockey schedule is open tonight and tomorrow night so I get to see two games within 40 minutes of home!
                        My only claim to being an alum of both schools is that I did my Dermatology and then Plastic Surgery training at BU Medical Center and then taught a few classes at BU. Got to see a lot of home BU games though for a few years. These games just always seem to be unpredictable. We have had some of our best games against them when they have had powerhouse teams. And we have been slaughtered at times. Any one here besides me and Ralph who remember the game at BU in 1965-1966 with Dick Greenlaw in goal for us? I believe he was credited officially with 78 saves but I am sure that the number was much higher. In addition I think I recall about 4 off the post and crossbar. We got hammered-but he actually played a phenomenal game in goal that night or else BU could have 14 or more goals (which other teams did do against us that year)
                        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                          Troy Record indicating Matt Neal might be out tonight.....http://www.troyrecord.com/articles/2...mode=fullstory
                          BU will be without some people also....http://www.thebostonhockeyblog.com/2...rosen-may.html
                          Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by jmhusker View Post
                            What the previous comment was in reference to...
                            I was referring to the fact that because I did not start the thread I could only enter two tags which I used for RPI and Rensselaer. It is traditional also to include the "Clarkson Still Sucks!" tag. Someone, probably FLAGDude added it. A BU tag (and perhaps otehrs) could also be added except for the fact that vBulletin doesn't accept two-letter tags. I asked on the weekly thread what BU used as a tag and no one responded. Maybe it should be "BU Bulldogs".
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

SA has tweeted (http://***********/SethAppert/status/287183894581768192 and http://***********/SethAppert/status/287184155253555201) that seven hockey alums including three members of the 1985 team ate dinner with the team yesterday.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                              X