Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI & BU (Friday 12/4) & UNH (Saturday 12/5)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI & BU (Friday 12/4) & UNH (Saturday 12/5)

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
    not really. Since being back w/Springfield he has started 3 of the 7 games. BTW, Yorkie lost the shutout to Norfolk by giving up a SHG in the 3rd.
    The operative being "since being back with Springfield" that's what I meant by tough sledding...1400 minutes for McElhinney vs. 170 for York.
    Last edited by Wicked Slappaahs; 01-05-2013, 08:56 AM.
    ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

I couldn't watch the game ( I didn't) but it sounds like Merriam stood on his head to keep RPI in this game in the 3rd. Hope 'bout RPI folks giving the kid some props? Some here sure don't have trouble knockin' Bryce, but from the sound of it, he's the ONLY reason we made it to OT last night. 38 saves at BU deserves some props, IMO.
      ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
        I couldn't watch the game ( I didn't) but it sounds like Merriam stood on his head to keep RPI in this game in the 3rd. Hope 'bout RPI folks giving the kid some props? Some here sure don't have trouble knockin' Bryce, but from the sound of it, he's the ONLY reason we made it to OT last night. 38 saves at BU deserves some props, IMO.
        Does he need any props besides for a goalie stick and some pads which he has already? He played a great game vs. BU as he did when he played them before.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

You are correct, when he plays bad we are quick to blame him. He did have a good game and deserves to hear it. Hopefully the D-Man who let the BU player take 2 mins to decide where he wanted to put the game winner learns from his mistake.

Comment

IMO that was a 2-1 RPI game. The first BU goal was pure crap and shouldn't have been counted. BU had a player standing in the crease during the entire play and the player who originally brought the puck in made contact with the RPI goaltender while crashing the net. What's the point of having a goaltender interference rule if they don't call it? Not to mention that BU looked offsides when coming into the offensive zone.
            Season ticket holder since 2007. I BELIEVE IN SETH APPERT.

Comment

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
              Wishing I was out in Boston tonight and UNH tomorrow but real life got in the way of my hockey habit. My dog doesnt need a rabies shot and I dont really need to have my teeth cleaned right? Good luck to the team. Will check in from time to time tonight over on the scores thread.
              Bring the dog and chew some mentadent...summer is for dental work and vet shots.

Comment

He played a very solid game but did not stand on his head. I can't think of any incredible stops he made. Our D played pretty well. There were very few odd man rushes and the one time that a player walked in, he scored (in OT). BU took a lot of shots from the perimeter or from bad angles. If he made that OT save and one of the others then I would say he stood on his head. Nonetheless... he played well enough to win most nights.

Comment

Originally posted by NBinks View Post
                  IMO that was a 2-1 RPI game. The first BU goal was pure crap and shouldn't have been counted. BU had a player standing in the crease during the entire play and the player who originally brought the puck in made contact with the RPI goaltender while crashing the net. What's the point of having a goaltender interference rule if they don't call it? Not to mention that BU looked offsides when coming into the offensive zone.
                  My son thought they were offsides too. I didn't think there was interference. I agree that RPI should have won though.

Comment

Originally posted by jmhusker View Post
                    He played a very solid game but did not stand on his head. I can't think of any incredible stops he made. Our D played pretty well. There were very few odd man rushes and the one time that a player walked in, he scored (in OT). BU took a lot of shots from the perimeter or from bad angles. If he made that OT save and one of the others then I would say he stood on his head. Nonetheless... he played well enough to win most nights.
                    I agree. He played well and they deserved at least a tie.

Comment

Originally posted by Stay@homeDad View Post
                      You are correct, when he plays bad we are quick to blame him. He did have a good game and deserves to hear it. Hopefully the D-Man who let the BU player take 2 mins to decide where he wanted to put the game winner learns from his mistake.
                      That RD man, Dolan, made the correct play. His partner on LD made the bad pinch at center ice and allowed Hohmann to get by him. I can't recall whether it was Lebeouf or Bradley (I don't think it was Curadi) who was with him and pinched, but the puck bounced and the BU player squeezed around him (a bit unlucky for us). After that, it was essentially a 2 on 1 with the RD in position and the LD trying to catch up but about 2 strides behind the play. If the LD had taken the puck carrier (who he was closer to) he could have at least hooked him a bit and impeded his progress and shot. Instead, he tried to chase the other BU forward. Perhaps he assumed Dolan was going to step up on the puck carrier. The net result was the 2 on 1 and Dolan played the pass - as he should have. Merriam went down early and gave the shooter top corner (Hohmann said after the game that he had a lot to shoot at). I think the LD just added confusion out there and wonder if it had been a clean 2 on 1 all the way whether Merriam and Dolan would have played it differently. I think the LD trying to go to the other player may have made Dolan cheat more toward the shooter (you could almost see him wondering whether to step up on the puck carrier or just play a straight 2 on 1). This may have made Merriam think more about the pass than he should have. Goalie has to take shot and not go down. Merriam played a good game overall but unfortunately was done in by one of his few mistakes of the night.

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                        What in the world was that RPI guy thinking taking that obvious cross check late in the third where the puck tipped off Maguire's glove and landed on the goal line. Was he too afraid the BU defender was going to knock the puck into his own net? Why is his stick not on the ice trying to knock the puck in, and why is he crosschecking a defender who is frantically trying to clear a loose puck sitting pat on the goal line? Some perplexing play tonight from some RPI forwards, that and the play in the 2nd where you were on a PP and a forward cleanly wins a loose puck below the dot, 8 feet in front of the net with no defender in sight but decides to turn around and cycle away from the net instead of going 1 on 1 with the BU goalie.
                        Both plays were hard to watch. On the crosscheck, the goalie was down, the puck near the crease, the player skated past the puck behind the net and crosschecked the BU player in the back.

Comment

That RD man, Dolan, made the correct play. His partner on LD made the bad pinch at center ice and allowed Hohmann to get by him. I can't recall whether it was Lebeouf or Bradley (I don't think it was Curadi) who was with him and pinched, but the puck bounced and the BU player squeezed around him (a bit unlucky for us). After that, it was essentially a 2 on 1 with the RD in position and the LD trying to catch up but about 2 strides behind the play. If the LD had taken the puck carrier (who he was closer to) he could have at least hooked him a bit and impeded his progress and shot. Instead, he tried to chase the other BU forward. Perhaps he assumed Dolan was going to step up on the puck carrier. The net result was the 2 on 1 and Dolan played the pass - as he should have. Merriam went down early and gave the shooter top corner (Hohmann said after the game that he had a lot to shoot at). I think the LD just added confusion out there and wonder if it had been a clean 2 on 1 all the way whether Merriam and Dolan would have played it differently. I think the LD trying to go to the other player may have made Dolan cheat more toward the shooter (you could almost see him wondering whether to step up on the puck carrier or just play a straight 2 on 1). This may have made Merriam think more about the pass than he should have. Goalie has to take shot and not go down. Merriam played a good game overall but unfortunately was done in by one of his few mistakes of the night.
                          not placing blame just filling in the blank as to who the LD was, Leonard. video; http://www.goterriers.com/allaccess/?media=360646
                          Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

So when Hohmann slammed on the brakes about 10ft from the net when Dolan went down to try and block the pass and stood there for about 20 seconds, which seemed like 2 mins watching it on TV, you think Dolan did the right thing by squating down on 1 knee instead of trying to poke check or flatten him on the ice? Bryce did go down early.

After watching the replay Turk posted it looks like Dolan was father away then i thought to try and poke check or flatten him. However it appears if our Captain had skated hard to back check he very easily could have flatten him on the ice.
                            Last edited by Stay@homeDad; 01-05-2013, 02:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Stay@homeDad View Post
                              So when Hohmann slammed on the brakes about 10ft from the net when Dolan went down to try and block the pass and stood there for about 20 seconds, which seemed like 2 mins watching it on TV, you think Dolan did the right thing by squating down on 1 knee instead of trying to poke check or flatten him on the ice? Bryce did go down early.

After watching the replay Turk posted it looks like Dolan was father away then i thought to try and poke check or flatten him. However it appears if our Captain had skated hard to back check he very easily could have flatten him on the ice.
                              Dolan played the pass. I agree that he left his feet too soon but credit there goes to the BU puck carrier for a good play. I do fault Dolan for sliding into the goalie - I didn't notice that last night because I was at the other end of the ice.

Comment

Dolan played the pass. I agree that he left his feet too soon but credit there goes to the BU puck carrier for a good play. I do fault Dolan for sliding into the goalie - I didn't notice that last night because I was at the other end of the ice.
                                The issue with that goal isn't with the defensive play, its the two forwards whom glide through on the back check at 1/4 speed right as the goal gets scored. They were likely doing so not expecting him to have the puck nearly as long, but that is what afforded that amount of time.

Comment

Working...
                                X