redhead18          0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    Priceless          0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    jmhusker           0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    REDaero91          0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    RPI92              0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    hawthr             0- 2- 0  0 points  .000

For your listening pleasure:

Fight Song
    ****** src="http://pepband.union.rpi.edu/music/LongHail.mp3" Loop=0 Volume=100 Panel="true" Height=20 Width=200 Controller="true" Autostart="false" Autoplay="false" Type="audio/mpeg">

Alma Mater
    ****** src="http://pepband.union.rpi.edu/music3/06%20Alma%20Mater.mp3" Loop=0 Volume=100 Panel="true" Height=20 Width=200 Controller="true" Autostart="false" Autoplay="false" Type="audio/mpeg">
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Re: RPI @ SCSU, Friday 12/28/12

At St. Cloud for game 2! Go Red! Any word on Kasdorf's arm/shoulder injury? Scott Diebold played well last nigth, maybe he'll get the call again. Big night for Milos and clutch GW goal for McGowan late in the third. Ralph, congrats on your current run, keep it up.
    Here we come!

Comment

Great win last night, coming back after giving up the tying goal in the third period. Freshmen are keeping us in games, now we need the upperclassmen to score some goals.
      Also, it would be nice to score the first goal of the game. It seems like we have played all of our games from behind.
      Kasdorf seems to have a dislocated shoulder, maybe Doc can give us some medical information on what that could me for a return.
      Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
      Benjamin Franklin
      The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
      Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
        Great win last night, coming back after giving up the tying goal in the third period. Freshmen are keeping us in games, now we need the upperclassmen to score some goals.
        Also, it would be nice to score the first goal of the game. It seems like we have played all of our games from behind.
        Kasdorf seems to have a dislocated shoulder, maybe Doc can give us some medical information on what that could me for a return.
        EHF-we would need more information on the shoulder before an accurate diagnosis. Shoulder problems that could be possible from what we heard last night include dislocation, separation, rotator cuff tear, and impingement. Each of the 4 comes in varying grades and degees. It would also be extremely important to know if this was a first time thing or if Kasdorf has had a history of shoulder problems and this was some sort of exacerbation or recurrence. I truly hope this is a minor little twinge for him as i have had both shoulders operated upon(played a lot of hockey myself as a youngster) and I can tell you that the recovery if surgery is necessary can range from about 4 weeks to years. The shoulder joint is just so important in sports that it is way too early to venture a guess-but just remember that Matt Murley injured his shoulder playing for the Penguins when it seemed like he was finally making the NHL grade-he had a torn labrum that he sustained in swinging his arm in a fight(seemingly an innocuous event) that probably ended any chance of his playing in the NHL any further.

Let's just hope that this was a little pull, strain, sprain, glitchy thing and that SA pulled him as a precaution and that he either leads us out on the ice tonight again or is back in goal for BU/UNH. If he is sitting for the next 4 games or more-then we have something to be very concerned about. We may sometimes knock SA for some decisions he makes (but what else can we talk about?) but you have to credit him about dealing with player injuries-he rarely takes any chances with our kids. I respect him greatly for his concern and care for the boys who sustain any sort of head trauma. When i played sports (back in the covered wagons days) after i took a good shot to the melon my coaches would grab me-ask me if I knew their name and the date-and send me right back out to play.
        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
          EHF-we would need more information on the shoulder before an accurate diagnosis. Shoulder problems that could be possible from what we heard last night include dislocation, separation, rotator cuff tear, and impingement. Each of the 4 comes in varying grades and degees. It would also be extremely important to know if this was a first time thing or if Kasdorf has had a history of shoulder problems and this was some sort of exacerbation or recurrence. I truly hope this is a minor little twinge for him as i have had both shoulders operated upon(played a lot of hockey myself as a youngster) and I can tell you that the recovery if surgery is necessary can range from about 4 weeks to years. The shoulder joint is just so important in sports that it is way too early to venture a guess-but just remember that Matt Murley injured his shoulder playing for the Penguins when it seemed like he was finally making the NHL grade-he had a torn labrum that he sustained in swinging his arm in a fight(seemingly an innocuous event) that probably ended any chance of his playing in the NHL any further.

Let's just hope that this was a little pull, strain, sprain, glitchy thing and that SA pulled him as a precaution and that he either leads us out on the ice tonight again or is back in goal for BU/UNH. If he is sitting for the next 4 games or more-then we have something to be very concerned about. We may sometimes knock SA for some decisions he makes (but what else can we talk about?) but you have to credit him about dealing with player injuries-he rarely takes any chances with our kids. I respect him greatly for his concern and care for the boys who sustain any sort of head trauma. When i played sports (back in the covered wagons days) after i took a good shot to the melon my coaches would grab me-ask me if I knew their name and the date-and send me right back out to play.
          It sounded like a dislocation.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Addendum-just read the wonderful article posted as a link by Turk on the RPI@SCSU thread. Coach SA says the shoulder came out (i am guessing dislocation). It makes me think that Kasdorf has suffered this kind of injury before and has somewhat of a loose capsule encasing the shoulder. Hopefully it is just one loose ligament and the should was put back in place quickly. This could be the kind of thing that just sits him out a week or two and after some rest a little strengthening and conditioning of that part of the shoulder and he is good to go. If this recurs-then you have to think about some sort of surgical intervention to tighten up the shoulder girdle. That can be curative-or it could be a mess. Some athletes have shoulder surgery and return to 100% (some actually even return as far better than they ever were) but more often than not, they are never quite the same. Most notably in baseball with pitchers where the shoulder has to have the flexibility to move baackward to an absurd angle to get the leverage necessary to throw 90+mph-you can fix an elbow, you can Tommy John a guy, but opening the shoulder can just end his career. Not being a gaolie-and never having seen the surgery on one-I just do not know how important shoulder movement is to them. SA would probably know far more about this having been a goalie than I would. I had my shoulder surgeries later in life but can attest that my range of motion has been severely compromised(but as long as i can lift a martini glass I am not complaining).

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
              It sounded like a dislocation.
              That is what i gather but you know as well as i do-that they just often cannot tell so quickly and even if they know-they often do not tell it like it really is.

Comment

Ouch! Hope Kasdorf's okay, at least long-term. He's been too good to have an injury impact his career.

I have to keep reminding myself we won yesterday! Looking forward to tonight!

Comment

It's getting pretty late, any news on the lineups for tonights game?
                  It would be nice to know who our goalie is going to be.
                  Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                  Benjamin Franklin
                  The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                  Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                    It's getting pretty late, any news on the lineups for tonights game?
                    It would be nice to know who our goalie is going to be.
                    I couldn't find anything. I suspect that WaP will post it on Twitter soon.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by fr joe View Post
                      At St. Cloud for game 2!
                      You went out there just for one game, or did I misinterpret this?
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Oh good... its all of you guys
                        tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

According to tweets by WaP, Diebold in net and same lineup as yesterday.

Also

Kasdorf should be fine in the short term - probably would be OK tonight, but they want the team doctor in Troy to take a look to make sure.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Music!
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                              2012-13 Thread-Starting Statistics:
                              Code:
                              Ralph Baer         4- 1- 2 10 points   .714
                              What exactly qualifies for a win, loss, and tie for thread starting?

Comment

Working...
                              X