Inaugural Three Rivers Classic - PSU vs Robert Morris; tOSU vs Miami

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inaugural Three Rivers Classic - PSU vs Robert Morris; tOSU vs Miami

The tournament at Consol Energy Center in da 'Burgh pits the 2 newest NCAA programs (Penn State and Bobby Mo) in the curtain raiser at 4:30 on Friday, with #5 Miami taking on the Buckeyes at 7:30.

The Nittany Lions could face their first Big 10 foe on Saturday, or the second top 10 team in their first season.

Expecting about 10,000 for each game.

And an interesting note: the four teams have a combined winning percentage of .586, the best of the seven holiday tournaments.
    Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Re: Inaugural Three Rivers Classic - PSU vs Robert Morris; tOSU vs Miami

I find the lack of purchasable video disturbing.

10,000 would certainly be a pretty impressive crowd.

Comment

Technically, RIT is newer than Robert Morris, unless you count RIT's DII and DIII years.
      2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
      2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
      2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
      2010 Frozen Four participant
      2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
        I find the lack of purchasable video disturbing.

They have opened the upper bowl as of today. I understand the lower bowl seats just under 10K.

Comment

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
          I saw this, too, and frankly, was dubious. It would be very impressive indeed.

Edit: Seeing tweets from the game that there may be as many as 12,000 on the building.
          Last edited by Red Cows; 12-28-2012, 09:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cows View Post
            I saw this, too, and frankly, was dubious. It would be very impressive indeed.

Edit: Seeing tweets form the game that there may be as many as 12,000 on the building.
            11663 the official attendance.Penn State gave up 4 first period goals and never recovered, losing 6-0. Eric Levine stopped 48 shots for the shutout.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveP View Post
              11663 the official attendance.Penn State gave up 4 first period goals and never recovered, losing 6-0. Eric Levine stopped 48 shots for the shutout.
              89 shots on goal between the two teams and RMU was outshot and won by that margin? Good grief. That will stand as one of the stranger box scores of the entire season, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cows View Post
                89 shots on goal between the two teams and RMU was outshot and won by that margin? Good grief. That will stand as one of the stranger box scores of the entire season, I think.
                Four goals on 17 shots in the first period and there's your ballgame. Hoping our guys bring a better effort tonight against the Buckeyes.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveP View Post
                  Four goals on 17 shots in the first period and there's your ballgame. Hoping our guys bring a better effort tonight against the Buckeyes.
                  And so it is. Huge bounce-back 5-4 win over Ohio State
                  Bucky fans wanting to jump off the closest bridge

Comment

I am hearing there wasn't a review on a potential goal....What is up with no replay at these games?
                    Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Congrats PSU! Welcome to B1G hockey.
                      Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                        I am hearing there wasn't a review on a potential goal....What is up with no replay at these games?
                        Replay was available. Refs chose not to "go under the hood".
                        Friends don't let friends go to PITT.

Save on GAS... BAN NASCAR

Comment

I remember posting awhile ago whichever B1G loses to PSU first gets the jackas$ banner in their arena to hang in the rafters. Come on down ohio!
                          ---
                          National Champions: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998
                          Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
                          19 Conference Championships
                          10 Conference Tournament Championships
                          2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

Maybe Penn St. wont go 0-20 in the B1G next year after all. Nice win Lions.

Comment

And fittingly, the home team wins the tournament. I'd have thought that'd be the big headline coming out of the event.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Working...
                              X