Where to eat & drink in Mankato?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to eat & drink in Mankato?

As part of my bucket list, I plan to visit every college hockey arena in the country. Coming up in March, I'm going to the North Dakota/Minnesota State series in Mankato. I can't wait to visit their arena! My question is, what are some cool, unique bars and restaurants to go to during my weekend stay?

Re: Where to eat & drink in Mankato?

Originally posted by CCTyger View Post
    As part of my bucket list, I plan to visit every college hockey arena in the country. Coming up in March, I'm going to the North Dakota/Minnesota State series in Mankato. I can't wait to visit their arena! My question is, what are some cool, unique bars and restaurants to go to during my weekend stay?
    I posed this same question in the Mankato thread last season:

http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...ht=mankato+uno

Comment

There are many restaurants and bars around the arena. Most will be very crowded before the game, as North Dakota games come close to selling out (especially if the Mavs good fortunes continue). Pub 500, Buffalo Wild Wings, Loose Moose are a few. Number 4 is also within walking distance, but is more expensive. In my opinion Jake's Stadium Pizza is the best pizza in town, but it is just off campus and you would have to drive.

For Breakfast, The Wagon Wheel cannot be beat. Fans that came up from Missouri for the football games raved about the Wagon Wheel and Jakes.

Comment

Originally posted by Iwearpurple View Post
        There are many restaurants and bars around the arena. Most will be very crowded before the game, as North Dakota games come close to selling out (especially if the Mavs good fortunes continue). Pub 500, Buffalo Wild Wings, Loose Moose are a few. Number 4 is also within walking distance, but is more expensive. In my opinion Jake's Stadium Pizza is the best pizza in town, but it is just off campus and you would have to drive.

For Breakfast, The Wagon Wheel cannot be beat. Fans that came up from Missouri for the football games raved about the Wagon Wheel and Jakes.
        Wagon Wheel is fantastic homemade grub for a super low price. It's the best spot in town.

Number four is a great one for a little higher class meal with the wife or whatnot.

Away from downtown we have a Boulder Tap and it's awesome.
        AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Mettler's. From what I hear.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Pagali's Pizza is pretty good in addition to the places they've listed... down Riverfront at the ramp onto 169 there's Goodcent's sandwiches which is cheap and quick, up by campus there's Boomtown and Gary's which both have solid pizza. But if you go to Mankato, you've got to go up the hill by campus and go to Jake's.
            R.I.P. Anthony Ford...

I officially hate Kevin Buisman

We cannot recommend him however, as a fantasy pick, unless of course you are related to him. (Fri. Dec 22, 2006)
            FOX SPORTS On David Backes
            WHAT!!!???!!?!?!!??

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
              Mettler's. From what I hear.
              Beat me too it. A friend of mine loves Blue Bricks. I've enjoyed my time there.
              tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Olive's in the Hilton Garden Inn (right next to the Verizon) is a little pricey, but nice. The 500 is good, too.

Comment

You can meet up with all of the North Dakota fans at the Olive Garden on MN-22.
                  the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                    you can meet up with all of the north dakota fans at the olive garden on mn-22.
                    ialto.

Comment

Working...
                    X