Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Happy Festivus ... Airing of Grievances

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
    People who trumpet numerous "Frozen Four" appearances by their teams when most of them are from the era of a 4 team tournament. Until 1977 you didn't MAKE the Frozen Four, you made the NCAA tournament. Unless you had to win a game to get to the next level, just say you made the NCAA tournament. And it wasn't until 1981 that everyone had to win a game or series to get to a FF.
    One man's opinion...There's validity in that observation. However, please don't minimize the effort to make a four team NCAA tournament. I can't speak about the WCHA and CCHA postseason tourneys, but the atmosphere and intensity of the old ECAC (pre HE) were immense. With only the top 2 teams making it to the NCAA, the level of competition was very high. Many very good teams were knocked off in the semis. If my memory is correct, at least one powerhouse UNH team was defeated in the quarters.

On top of that, the ECAC tournament at the old Garden was a tough ticket; far more difficult to come by than the modern Beanpot and HE tournaments
    Last edited by buoldtimer; 12-25-2012, 01:46 PM.
    if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
      If my memory is correct, at least one powerhouse UNH team was defeated in the quarters.
      Remember it well when 8th-seeded RPI defeated one-seeded UNH. Too bad that the only part of this game that appears to be on video is three quick goals by Clark-Hislop-Cox. I would love to see Rick Smith's OT game-winning goal since the game was only broadcast on radio in Troy. It was his second goal of the game and second of the season.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

The NCHC. While I appreciate the better odds to make the NCAA tourney in WCHA, it's still a pretty bush league move by the NaCHo programs.
        (Might be on the list for many years to come too, as the blade on that ax is pretty thick and it's going to take more than a year of grinding.)
        Ryan J
        Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
        https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
        Originally posted by geezer
        Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
        Originally posted by manurespreader
        ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

WCHA refs and goofer fans who think they have 7 titles.
          Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

BC fans complaining about anything
            2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
            2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

The Ivy League OOC games limit. It's a stupid self imposed injury that leaves the traditionally best teams in the ECAC (i.e. Cornell, Harvard) with little to no margin of error when it comes to making the tournament. The 29 game limit is a joke and a marketing ploy.

Comment

That Guy/Gal who yells "SHOOOOOT IT!!!" on the powerplay, especially when it would clearly be a sh1tty shot to any fan with a hockey IQ of 50 or more.

Comment

On that note, the players who dont listen to the intelligent fans who yell shoot when they should

Comment

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
                    WCHA refs and goofer fans who think they have 7 titles.
                    The WCHA refs think they have 7 titles?

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                      And idiots that go up and down the aisle and into their seats while the puck is in play.
                      yup

Comment

Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
                        BC fans complaining about anything
                        here's one we CAN complain about:

People that criticize the BC fan base and attendance at Conte Forum when we are consistently in the top 6-7 nationally (currently 5th, averaging 6600) AND travel extremely well to see the Eagles' away games ...... much better than most any other fan base travels to Conte
                        Last edited by sterlippo1; 12-27-2012, 08:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                          That Guy/Gal who yells "SHOOOOOT IT!!!" on the powerplay, especially when it would clearly be a sh1tty shot to any fan with a hockey IQ of 50 or more.
                          I 2nd that one ^. And also the annoying jackhole season ticket holders who do not go to the games to watch hockey, but spend the entire 60 minutes blabbing about everything not related to hockey.

Comment

Peter Roby.
                            "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Originally posted by GoUNH View Post
                              ...also the annoying jackhole season ticket holders who do not go to the games to watch hockey, but spend the entire 60 minutes blabbing about everything not related to hockey.
                              AKA, 90% Leafs fans at the ACC.

Comment

Originally posted by GoUNH View Post
                                I 2nd that one ^. And also the annoying jackhole season ticket holders who do not go to the games to watch hockey, but spend the entire 60 minutes blabbing about everything not related to hockey.
                                I like the jack hole season tickets that only show up for the "good" teams...so the crappy Hockey East teams aren't worth your time?
                                Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Working...
                                X