X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Team USA--WJC

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
    Not so sure about that.

With a likely loss to Canada and then a probable crossover game with the #2 seed in the elimination round, USA's chances of medalling are almost certainly gone.

No shame in losing to Russia at home, but the way the brackets were set up, the US needed to steal this game at all costs.

GENIUS opinion

Great effort by an awesome team. The U.S. team ran Canada out of the rink

Comment

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
      Not so sure about that.

With a likely loss to Canada and then a probable crossover game with the #2 seed in the elimination round, USA's chances of medalling are almost certainly gone.

No shame in losing to Russia at home, but the way the brackets were set up, the US needed to steal this game at all costs.

GENIUS opinion

Great effort by an awesome team. The U.S. team ran Canada out of the rink

Comment

Is there an echo in here?
        the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Originally posted by du78 View Post
          The vitriol is spewing from north of the border.

http://www.sbnation.com/2013/1/3/383...or-hockey-2013
          Just proof there are as many morons with a keyboard back home as there are here. At times like this I'm still proud but also embarrassed to be a Canadian.
          Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Originally posted by willythekid View Post
            Who knew so many Bieber fans were also Canadian hockey fans... nice to know that we probably will not be hearing from vulcanized rubber today.
            Suprise...suprise. You might also be suprised to see I posted this a few days ago.

Originally posted by Vulcanized Rubber View Post
            You guys should be. I'm Canadian and I'm picking your team 6-3 with an empty netter. Lots of issues with Canada due to poor coach and your team is better than expected. You'll be suprised at how slow Canada will be.
            That was about the time you guys were writing your boys off.
            Last edited by Vulcanized Rubber; 01-03-2013, 10:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveP View Post
              Just proof there are as many morons with a keyboard back home as there are here. At times like this I'm still proud but also embarrassed to be a Canadian.
              I agree with you. It just wasn't Canada's day today. I enjoy watching both teams and the competition between them. I have many Canadian friends and none I know would act like some of these morons. There is nothing wrong with having pride in your team and country. The USA was the better team today. Some good natured fun between fans is fine but some of the hateful comments are uncalled for. I will be pulling for Canada to beat the Russians on Saturday and of course USA beating Sweden.
              DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                This is cool!

Can the Duluth squad do this?

I'll give them props for the flippy thing, that was cool.
                Places I've Seen a College Hockey Game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Compton Family Ice Arena, Conte Forum, Cross Insurance Arena (Cumberland County Civic Center), Dunkin' Donuts Center, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Fenway Park, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Pegula Ice Arena, Ralph Engelstad Arena, Schneider Arena, T.D. Garden, Tsongas Center, Thompson Arena, University of Southern Maine, Webster Bank Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

This is cool!

Yes and more. Because they're better.
                  tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

This is cool!

Boy, that '07 squad was weak. This year's cheer squad are much better skaters and better synced. Their routines are much more coordinated. Also, no less-than-cute ones this year.

Comment

Give credit to USA goaltender John Gibson, stopping 33/34 shots, making a couple unbelievable game changing saves on point blank shots from Strome (#18). Gibson is currently the top goaltender in the tournament with a phenomenal GAA: 1.42 and SV%: .954 through six games.

Worst loss by Canada to the USA since 1991. Sales of Prozac skyrocketed today all throughout Canada.

Comment

"The start was the difference in the hockey game," (head coach Steve) Spott said following the game. "We simply didn't have the energy or the desperation that the Americans had early."
                        Why did he have to go with "desperation"? Didn't sound like it to me.
                        Fighting Sioux Forever

Comment

fyp

You're welcome.

Seriously, how did you miss that chance?
                          I saw but sometimes the deer jokes get old like every recycled cut made by the goofs.
                          "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
                          Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
                          The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
                          Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

Originally posted by cross cheque View Post
                            What does a Wisconsin fan do after he gets laid? Wash off the pepper spray
                            Originally posted by cross cheque View Post
                            I saw but sometimes the deer jokes get old like every recycled cut made by the goofs.

Fair enough. I like originality.

Could you go with something other than rape though?

I believe that's BU's handle anyway.

Comment

Videota- wait that's Brown... Acade- wait that's Harvard...

Comment

Did you hear about the library fire at UW? Tragedy was only half the books had been colored in yet.
                                "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
                                Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
                                The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
                                Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

Working...
                                X