Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI @ SCSU (Thursday 12/27 & Friday 12/28)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI @ SCSU (Thursday 12/27 & Friday 12/28)

Originally posted by Husky Fan Roy View Post
    As a Husky fan, I think yelling "home of the Huskies" is stupid and I will not do it for the 1,326th consecutive time tonight at the game.
    +1. I always say "Brave." Pretty sure it started from the North Dakota fans. They travel quite well to our building. They have always done "home of the Sioux" thing as long as I can remember. Fans did not like the home game feel it gave them and thus the equally as dumb "home of the Huskies."

My take is you do not do anything to take away from the national anthem. I think this does and I wish it would stop.

Comment

Originally posted by REDaero91 View Post
      Highlights from yesterday's game...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_vs...e_gdata_player via RPI's Perry Laskaris on Twitter.
      Just the RPI goals from the ECAC website but including replays http://www.ecachockey.com/men/video/...St-desktop.flv.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I was impressed by RPI this series. They played hard all weekend, but it looked like they ran out of gas at the end of the game tonight. They were a lot more physical than I was expecting, even after some of you in this thread told us to expect that. Did a good job of holding a pretty good offense to 2 goals tonight with their backup goalie. Good luck the rest of the way.
        Originally posted by SJHovey
        Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
        Originally posted by Brenthoven
        We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

St. Cloud sitting at 14th in the PWR after the win and I believe that's with all the games accounted for in the night
          tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Ok, RPI, you're for real, so go back and win many games.
            Bob is making me concerned
            I am the voice of reason

Comment

Originally posted by Skeeterman View Post
              Ok, RPI, you're for real, so go back and win many games.
              The ECAC's last place team? For real? On the road? Against the first place WCHA team? For your sake, I hope you're right.

Comment

My thoughts on that one:

I will echo that we did run out of gas. We were also, in the 2nd and 3rd, doing a lot of "cute" things with the puck and missing marking assignments. However, SCSU did incredibly well to forecheck and prevent any opportunities that did arise.

Given all the gloating before the series started about how this was going to be easy-peasy, I'm happy with a split. I have had a very nice time here, and wish your team the best of luck with the rest of your games.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronzebacks View Post
                  +1. I always say "Brave." Pretty sure it started from the North Dakota fans. They travel quite well to our building. They have always done "home of the Sioux" thing as long as I can remember. Fans did not like the home game feel it gave them and thus the equally as dumb "home of the Huskies."

My take is you do not do anything to take away from the national anthem. I think this does and I wish it would stop.
                  UMD does the same thing
                  SCSU Hockey: 2001 WCHA Playoff Champions, 2013 WCHA Champions & Frozen Four, 2014 NCHC Champions, 2016 NCHC Playoff Champions
                  UMD Women: 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2010
                  Gopher Football: 1934, 1935, 1936, 1940, 1941, 1960
                  Johnnie Football: 1963, 1965, 1976, 2003
                  UMD Football: 2008, 2010
                  UMD Men: 2011

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                    I have had a very nice time here....
                    How many have you had?! Wait, you're in St, Clooud. The answer is "not enough."
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                      My thoughts on that one:

I will echo that we did run out of gas. We were also, in the 2nd and 3rd, doing a lot of "cute" things with the puck and missing marking assignments. However, SCSU did incredibly well to forecheck and prevent any opportunities that did arise.

Given all the gloating before the series started about how this was going to be easy-peasy, I'm happy with a split. I have had a very nice time here, and wish your team the best of luck with the rest of your games.
                      Stop posting and head down to DB's for a couple Buffalos.

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                        Screw that. Post game = the Carpet.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                          Screw that. Post game = the Carpet.
                          Yeah... if you wanna get killed

Comment

• Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                            They serve Buffalos at DB's now?
                            Originally posted by SJHovey
                            Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                            Originally posted by Brenthoven
                            We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                              Yeah... if you wanna get killed
                              Never had a problem there. Ever. I've been going there mostly every year since the early 90's.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                                They serve Buffalos at DB's now?
                                DB's, MC's, two bars shouldn't both be two letters.

Brent- I am sure the guy they killed hadn't had any issues before that night. And early 90's? How old ARE you?

Comment

Working...
                                X