PDA

View Full Version : Mariucci Classic: Minnesota - Air Force - Boston College - UAH 12/29-12/20

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9

J.D.
12-31-2012, 10:07 AM
Look, I'm not gonna argue this any further with you guys. It's obviously pointless and had no impact on the game. Can't help but laugh at burd's post though...

burd
12-31-2012, 10:13 AM
Look, I'm not gonna argue this any further with you guys. It's obviously pointless and had no impact on the game. Can't help but laugh at burd's post though...

To be clear, I wasn't talking about anything more that the outcome. BC has gotten into a habit of clobbering WCHA teams, especially in important games. It was meant as a compliment toward Gopher fans--not something they would care about coming from me, I'm sure.

GrinCDXX
12-31-2012, 10:15 AM

The Gophers gave BC as much a "taste of their own" as can be given in a Holiday tournament. Except for some silliness from last night's announcers, nobody's suggesting equality between April and December--at least not that I've seen.

ScoobyDoo
12-31-2012, 10:32 AM
Huh? That was only part of the play anyway. Milner had the puck long enough for a whistle--that was the biggest contention. And then even after review, you never see the puck. Like I said, made no difference. But that was my only problem with the refs.

Wow, that would have been one quick whistle then. If the roles were reversed and the whistle had blown you'd be in here whining about the quick whistle.

Jofa
12-31-2012, 10:40 AM
Congrats on giving BC a little taste of their own.

Hmmm....NCAA Championship or Holiday Tournament? ... let me think on that one.

goldy_331
12-31-2012, 10:42 AM

It wasn't the Championship, just the semi....;)

GrinCDXX
12-31-2012, 10:48 AM

Pro tip: it's important to read and actually think about the meaning of a post before responding to it.

J.D.
12-31-2012, 10:57 AM
Wow, that would have been one quick whistle then. If the roles were reversed and the whistle had blown you'd be in here whining about the quick whistle.

Disagree on both counts. But, as I said before, no point in arguing this.

D2D
12-31-2012, 01:31 PM

8-1 or 7-1, doesn't matter. As you say, no point in arguing.

goldy_331
12-31-2012, 02:47 PM
8-1 or 7-1, doesn't matter. As you say, no point in arguing.

But I LIKE to argue.;) I have a teenager at home. I still think it was way too quick to expect a whistle as Milner MAY have had it under his pads. Don't watch it slow-mo, watch it real time. From when Milner dropped it, tried to cover up and then slid into the net was just a couple seconds.

ScoobyDoo
12-31-2012, 02:48 PM

Either way you're biggest problem is you're team spent the weekend in Boston and never got to Mpls.

boblav1
12-31-2012, 02:51 PM
Any word on the teams playing in next year's Mariucci Classic?

dxmnkd316
12-31-2012, 02:52 PM
What an epic game. That is all.

J.D.
12-31-2012, 03:37 PM
Either way you're biggest problem is you're team spent the weekend in Boston and never got to Mpls.

Oh, they were there. Perhaps you missed York's quote of going to Campus Pizza after Saturday's game. Maybe they had one too many slices.

ScoobyDoo
12-31-2012, 03:38 PM
Oh, they were there. Perhaps you missed York's quote of going to Campus Pizza after Saturday's game. Maybe they had one too many slices.

Smart man. Campus Pizza rocks. Best pizza in the Twin Cities IMO.

J.D.
12-31-2012, 03:38 PM

The Gophers will simply be breaking into four teams...

ScoobyDoo
12-31-2012, 03:40 PM

The Gophers will simply be breaking into four teams...

I think it switches to the Minnesota only teams at the "X" next season. But, I'm not sure.

mookie1995
12-31-2012, 03:43 PM
To be clear, I wasn't talking about anything more that the outcome. BC has gotten into a habit of clobbering WCHA teams, especially in important games. It was meant as a compliment toward Gopher fans--not something they would care about coming from me, I'm sure.

take it easy on jd..... he's ah, you know :)

J.D.
12-31-2012, 03:48 PM
mookie, where's that obsession pic you provided recently?

dxmnkd316
12-31-2012, 03:52 PM
Smart man. Campus Pizza rocks. Best pizza in the Twin Cities IMO.

Easily.