Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Florida College Classic: UMD vs Maine/Ferris State vs Cornell (12/28-29) BEACH HOCKEY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fiqure8 View Post
    Is that through the Maine web site. Did not see it on the Everblades site........Do you have a link ? Thanks for the heads up
    Didn't know Google was so hard. www.americaonesports.com

Might have to click schedule or something. Cornell's elynah twitter account mentioned it. Both games were listed when I looked.

Comment

Re: Florida College Classic: UMD vs Maine/Ferris State vs Cornell (12/28-29) BEACH HO

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
      Didn't know Google was so hard. www.americaonesports.com

Might have to click schedule or something. Cornell's elynah twitter account mentioned it. Both games were listed when I looked.
      Thanks Partner !
      http://www.americaonesports.com/upcoming_events.asp

Comment

Re: Florida College Classic: UMD vs Maine/Ferris State vs Cornell (12/28-29) BEACH HO

A real snoozer of a second game.
        How do they expect us to throw hotdogs at the gophers with that [Expletive deleted] net in front of us?

We choose to go to the moon. We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard...

Original Penalty Box Member

Comment

Originally posted by UMDbulldogs#1 View Post
          A real snoozer of a second game.
          Lots of BS after the whistle by both teams. Either we'll see a steady stream of penalties or a fight.

Beauty of a goal by Lomberg out of the box though on the SH breakaway.

Comment

Maine actually won? UMD must suck
            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
              They wanted UMaine to extend Timmay's contract

Comment

It's because Maine skated Tuesday afternoon, allegedly becoming the only team practicing on Christmas Day.
                bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
                SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
                All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
                A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

Not according to the UMD posts. They started the season slow, but have turned their game around recently.

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
                    Not according to the UMD posts. They started the season slow, but have turned their game around recently.
                    C'mon
                    We've both seen Maine play this year, this is the worst Maine team I've seen Semler was around. UMD must suck
                    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

A lot of UMD supporters are writing off the chances of the Bulldogs getting an at-large berth to the NCAA tournament. That doesn't have to be the case.

After the holiday tournaments last year, Maine wasn't even ranked and Union was #25. In the end, Union was a 1-seed and advanced to the Frozen Four. In 2010, it was Michigan, 2009 was Yale, 2007 was St. Lawrence. In four of the last six years a team that was unranked in the pairwise after the holiday tournaments qualified for the NCAA tournament. I'm not saying it will be easy, but UMD certainly has the schedule to pull it off.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                        A lot of UMD supporters are writing off the chances of the Bulldogs getting an at-large berth to the NCAA tournament. That doesn't have to be the case.

After the holiday tournaments last year, Maine wasn't even ranked and Union was #25. In the end, Union was a 1-seed and advanced to the Frozen Four. In 2010, it was Michigan, 2009 was Yale, 2007 was St. Lawrence. In four of the last six years a team that was unranked in the pairwise after the holiday tournaments qualified for the NCAA tournament. I'm not saying it will be easy, but UMD certainly has the schedule to pull it off.
                        Ialto
                        tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

UMD
                          Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                          when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                          Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

C'mon
                            We've both seen Maine play this year, this is the worst Maine team I've seen Semler was around. UMD must suck
                            Way to use an ad hoc fallacy to conjure an argument. Congrats.
                            "In heaven there is no beer. NO BEER! That's why we drink it here. RIGHT HERE!"

Comment

The Maine/UMD game was actually a pretty good game. Sloppy, but entertaining. I would say UMD seemed to be a little better, and Ouellette probably stole a win, but Maine had a fair number of good chances as well.

The waved off empty net chance was likely the right call from what the video board was showing for replays. Seemed to hit the right post, then came back and hit the left post right at ice level. Crowd didn't like it, and it didn't affect the outcome of the game, but I thought it was the correct call.

Pretty good number of Maine fans, possibly even outnumbering Cornell.

Overall, 2 pretty exciting games to open the tournament. Hopefully tomorrow will be as well, although I'm not sure if I'll go back down or not.

Comment

Originally posted by fiqure8 View Post
                                They wanted UMaine to extend Timmay's contract
                                You're welcome UNH fans...errr UMaine fans.
                                Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
                                Well we were 5-1-1 in our last 6 games. UMaine, according to Whitehead, was turning things around as well. Ouellette had been playing well and UMD just couldn't score on him. Oh well.
                                Originally posted by Priceless View Post

Before this game I don't even know if we were a TUC. After this loss we are certainly not one. While the optimism is something I usually would agree with, I just don't think this UMD team has the NCAA's in them. Obviously it COULD happen, but it seems highly unlikely.

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                                UMD
                                yep.
                                tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Working...
                                X