Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UNO @ Quinnipiac 12/29 & 12/30 - #2 Offense vs. #1 Defense

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
    Not much of a breakfast guy but the Hamden Townhouse at 2260 Whitney Ave is very good, diner-like food. For breakfast to go, Ray & Mike's (3030 Whitney Ave) Breakfast Bomb is legendary. The shopping area of Dixwell Ave has all the fast-food joints plus an IHOP.
    Mark - what's the old school hot dog diner on the main drag? I stopped there a few years ago when I visited Quinny. Gonna try and make the game tomorrow
    ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
      Mark - what's the old school hot dog diner on the main drag? I stopped there a few years ago when I visited Quinny. Gonna try and make the game tomorrow
      Glenwood, 2538 Whitney Ave, Hamden 06518

Comment

Mark - what's the old school hot dog diner on the main drag?
        Originally posted by allnightwong View Post
        What he said. Glenwood is legendary in Hamden.

Gonna try and make the game tomorrow
        Should be a good one. Neither team looked good today. Both showed significant signs of rust and UNO was especially tentative to start the game and Blais used his timeout only 4:39 in. Hartzell was shaky to say the least and Stolarz looked lost at times. Both teams would have a good shift followed by several mediocre ones.

In the end we put enough rubber in the twine to eek out the win. I think we'll see 2 completely different teams tomorrow.
        Quinnipiac Bobcats
        2023 National Champions
        ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
        ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
        East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
        Northeast Regional:
        West Regional: 2015, 2021
        Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
        Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Mark - what's the old school hot dog diner on the main drag?
          Originally posted by allnightwong View Post

Gonna try and make the game tomorrow
          Should be a good one. Neither team looked good today. Both showed significant signs of rust and UNO was especially tentative to start the game and Blais used his timeout only 4:39 in. Hartzell was shaky to say the least and Stolarz looked lost at times. Both teams would have a good shift followed by several mediocre ones.

In the end we put enough rubber in the twine to eek out the win. I think we'll see 2 completely different teams tomorrow.
          Quinnipiac Bobcats
          2023 National Champions
          ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
          Northeast Regional:

Comment

Thats it - thanks. Can I /should I buy tix in advance, or can I buy tomorrow w/o a problem?
            ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Can I /should I buy tix in advance, or can I buy tomorrow w/o a problem?
              I would expect tomorrow's crowd to be a little thinner than todays (NFL, etc), but it's hard to say. They're also running a promotion for the game:

Bobcat fans who bring a new toy or stuffed animal for the Yale New Haven Toy Closet will receive two free tickets to Sunday's game.
              Quinnipiac Bobcats
              2023 National Champions
              Northeast Regional:

Comment

For those that can't make it, here's the video feed for tomorrow's game.
                Quinnipiac Bobcats
                2023 National Champions
                Northeast Regional:

Comment

Thats it - thanks. Can I /should I buy tix in advance, or can I buy tomorrow w/o a problem?
                  You will be able tobuy one at the window without problem.

Comment

I would expect tomorrow's crowd to be a little thinner than todays (NFL, etc), but it's hard to say. They're also running a promotion for the game:
                    For what College Hockey News says are "games (that) are as important a pair Quinnipiac has ever played in the regular season"?

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...s_critical.php

What on earth needs to happen for your own fans to come out and see you play?

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cows View Post
                      they were probably at home watching it on their laptops. I was pretty disappointed to see all the belly aching on mavpuke about the play by play guy having the sniffles, mispronouncing Searfoss etc when we got down 3-1.
                      QU did a fine job of getting a sweep and they have a great chance of playing in April.
                      UNLEASH THE FURY!!!!!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLMMx3MRi0s

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cows View Post
                        For what College Hockey News says are "games (that) are as important a pair Quinnipiac has ever played in the regular season"?

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...s_critical.php

I am not sure there are actually enough real QU fans to fill that building. It was quite ambitious when they built it and if not for the students (sometimes) they never sell out. The Yale game being the exception. There are alot of distractions in the metro area and you are also up against an already 100 year old program 15 minutes away. The area population of day to day fans is actually quite small.
                        YALE HOCKEY
                        2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                          It was quite ambitious when they built it and if not for the students (sometimes) they never sell out.
                          It wasn't ambitious as there was a minimum seating capacity requirement (3000?) for the ECAC. I think they were actually a little conservative on the number of seats.

up against an already 100 year old program 15 minutes away
                          I seriously doubt that Yale has much, if any, direct impact on attendance at the Bank.
                          Quinnipiac Bobcats
                          2023 National Champions
                          Northeast Regional:

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                            I am not sure there are actually enough real QU fans to fill that building. It was quite ambitious when they built it and if not for the students (sometimes) they never sell out. The Yale game being the exception. There are alot of distractions in the metro area and you are also up against an already 100 year old program 15 minutes away. The area population of day to day fans is actually quite small.
                            When students are in town, the building is, if not sold out, close to it. We routinely get 3,000 fans in that building when students are in town. The non-student population hasn't caught on as much, and with the weather as it was this weekend and the noon starts, it was a tough sell for people to drive up the hill.

Comment

It wasn't ambitious as there was a minimum seating capacity requirement (3000?) for the ECAC. I think they were actually a little conservative on the number of seats.

I seriously doubt that Yale has much, if any, direct impact on attendance at the Bank.
                              I am of the other opinion mark. There is a decent contigent that i'm aware of that will go to the whale or the bamk depending of who's in town.

Comment

I based my comments as an experienced 30 year local hockey fan. The pro teams New Haven usually averaged between 3 and 4 k a game. There are a finite number of local fans and I too crossed the border to take in a good game at the bank.
                                YALE HOCKEY
                                2013 National Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X