Boston University at Denver 12/29

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boston University at Denver 12/29

Denver doesn't seem to be in the same crazy goalie situation they were when we played last year... shucks

Also Denver people, where should BU fans who are staying in Cherry Creek and not renting a car go to eat/drink/be merry?

Re: Boston University at Denver 12/29

Game day in two days.

- Still not sure what Gryzelyk's status is with Team USA. If he isn't added for tomorrow morning's game against Russia, hopefully he can make it back in time to play in this game. But for his sake, I hope he gets added. He deserves to play after the great start he has had at BU.

- Who plays in net for BU? Maguire is coming off back-to-back shutouts. But O'Connor would be next if it is now a real rotation.

Long Live Game Threads!
    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

DU faithful are hoping for a rebirth of the team that played the first 10 games of the season.
      Pios have another crazy goalie situation. Our recruited walk on from last year Juho (call him Jussi) Olkinuora has been the best goalie of the three --senior Adam Murray and junior Sam Brittain, who most thought would be #1.

Coach Gwoz instituted a competition to determine the top 1 or 2 who would get playing time. Jussi was suspended 4 games for violating team rules, thern Adam was out injured for about 8 games and Brittain got 1 start a weekend until the last series before the break. Only Gwoz knows what happens next.
      GO DU !!!

Comment

Why is bu going out there for only 1 game?
        Spaulding get your foot off the boat!

Comment

Originally posted by steakbomb View Post
          It's exempt, so the question is why not. They get 35 games this year instead of 34.

Comment

Originally posted by steakbomb View Post
            It is the Hall of Fame game which would have been played in October except for the Presidential Debate at DU at the time. Not sure if any of the US Hall of Famers will be there as the dinner was in Dallas back in October. As I ma not in Denver, I can't help with the places around Cherry Creek. Lots of reasonable places to eat around DU. Maybe some of the locals can help with food choices around Cherry Creek.
            DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post

- Still not sure what Gryzelyk's status is with Team USA. If he isn't added for tomorrow morning's game against Russia, hopefully he can make it back in time to play in this game. But for his sake, I hope he gets added. He deserves to play after the great start he has had at BU.

- Who plays in net for BU? Maguire is coming off back-to-back shutouts. But O'Connor would be next if it is now a real rotation.

Long Live Game Threads!
              BHB reports O'Connor will be in net and apparently Parker's patience with Phil Housely has run out.
              The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Jack Parker is complaining about something? Shocking.
                Originally posted by reBlur
                the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Just 13 minutes to the first drek deposit...like a German train schedule.
                  The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                    Jack Parker is complaining about something? Shocking.
                    True. Though he's not wrong, I didn't even know you were allowed to make roster cuts after the tournament starts. I would think maybe there's a health issue with one of the two?
                    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
                      Just 13 minutes to the first drek deposit...like a German train schedule.
                      Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
                      Originally posted by reBlur
                      the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                        True. Though he's not wrong, I didn't even know you were allowed to make roster cuts after the tournament starts. I would think maybe there's a health issue with one of the two?
                        You can make additions after the official roster is submitted and that then becomes THE Final Official roster. Neither was on the official roster.

On another subject, yelp and westword both have restaurant or bar reviews by area, I live in Cali so no personal knowledge. FWIW, John Elway's Steakhouse is in Cherry Creek .
                        Last edited by vizoroo; 12-27-2012, 10:51 PM.
                        GO DU !!!

Comment

Grzelcyk sent home. I agree with Parker - this was not a very good way to handle the situation.

Can he make it to Denver in time for the game? Will Parker decide not to play him even if he could, given the altitude adjustment issues and the impact on whoever was going to fill his slot?
                          BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Grzelcyk sent home. I agree with Parker - this was not a very good way to handle the situation.

Can he make it to Denver in time for the game? Will Parker decide not to play him even if he could, given the altitude adjustment issues and the impact on whoever was going to fill his slot?
                            What attitude adjustment issues are you referring to? Did I miss something?

Comment

I read that he wouldn't make it in time for he game... Seems odd.

Comment

Working...
                              X