Patty Kaz 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patty Kaz 2013

Now that we're at the break, let the speculation begin. Is it between Amanda Kessel and Noora Räty?

Re: Patty Kaz 2013

Originally posted by PrincetonFan View Post
    Now that we're at the break, let the speculation begin. Is it between Amanda Kessel and Noora Räty?
    If Bozek keeps her game up, she needs to be in the mix, and I don't care what they say about defensemen not getting serious looks. Ruggerio won, and I sincerely think Bozek is as qualified a player.

Anyone that doesn't wear a rodent on their jersey that can crack the top 10, or 3?
    "A ROCK BAND IS NOT A PERFECT DEMOCRACY. IT'S LIKE A SPORTS TEAM. NO ONE CAN DO WITHOUT THE OTHER, BUT EVERYBODY DOESN'T GET TO TOUCH THE BALL ALL THE TIME." Don Henley

Comment

Originally posted by PrincetonFan View Post
      No, it is Amanda!!! We should talk about the runner ups. We talk a lot about stats on here and her line is 19 games played 25 goals 29 assists for 54 its +39. She scores, she helps other people score and she knows where the "D" zone is.

As for runner up, Noora is in there for sure. I too would like to see a D-man in the mix.

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong, but each team only can nominate two players? So for the Gophers how do you choose between Kessel, Noora and Bozek?
        As for other teams, I can't speculate about non-WCHA teams since I see almost none of them, but for some of the WCHA teams this is what I think.
        UW - Decker and Rigsby
        UND - the sisters

To answer my own question for the Gophers, if I only get two to put up, and not as a knock against Kessel, but I would choose Noora and Bozek. Mostly because Kessel is a Junior and will get another shot; a crummy reason I know.
        Welcome to Minnesota. We have lakes, and wild life, a couple of nice cities, a whole host of towns, some farms, and general country side. It's really pretty here, just watch out for the state bird; it likes to suck your blood. Fortunately it hibernates from Labor Day (first frost) to Memorial Day (ice out date). I'm sure you'll really love it here, why because we have a hockey habit that just won't quit, don't believe me, come and see for yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by GWH Fan View Post
          Correct me if I'm wrong, but each team only can nominate two players? So for the Gophers how do you choose between Kessel, Noora and Bozek?
          As for other teams, I can't speculate about non-WCHA teams since I see almost none of them, but for some of the WCHA teams this is what I think.
          UW - Decker and Rigsby
          UND - the sisters

To answer my own question for the Gophers, if I only get two to put up, and not as a knock against Kessel, but I would choose Noora and Bozek. Mostly because Kessel is a Junior and will get another shot; a crummy reason I know.
          Ok I went back and looked at WCHA POTW honors and nominations and now I'm all torn up between Kessel, Noora and Bozek. I may have to retract my previous statement and go with Kessel and Noora.
          Welcome to Minnesota. We have lakes, and wild life, a couple of nice cities, a whole host of towns, some farms, and general country side. It's really pretty here, just watch out for the state bird; it likes to suck your blood. Fortunately it hibernates from Labor Day (first frost) to Memorial Day (ice out date). I'm sure you'll really love it here, why because we have a hockey habit that just won't quit, don't believe me, come and see for yourself.

Comment

Kessel won't be on the Ballot next year, perhaps two years from now (Team USA). Heisman went to a freshman.

Comment

UW - Decker and Rigsby
              UND - the sisters

You have to go with the best options, regardless of year. Never know what's going to happen during their senior year. Wisconsin has had two junior Kaz winners in Bauer and Decker. Take 'em when you get them.

Comment

Originally posted by Call It View Post
                Kessel won't be on the Ballot next year, perhaps two years from now (Team USA). Heisman went to a freshman.
                Agosta was in the running as a freshman, and again 3 more times, but never won it. Agree with those that say, nominate to put the best on the ballot. You never know what any future season brings.

Comment

Off the top of my head from the ECAC view here would be a list of candidates (from the top 5 teams in the league).

Rattray and Howe from Clarkson (or possibly Ambrose as the top D)
                  Dempsey from Harvard
                  Babstock from Quinnipiac
                  Jenner and Saulnier from Cornell
                  Sabatine from SLU

My personal pick from that lot would be Dempsey. (Based in a limited sample size of watched games).

Comment

Bump. I can't believe there hasn't been more response to this. Where is Dave1381?

Comment

Unless Amanda Kessel is a complete sociopath off the ice, I don't see how she doesn't win it.

Comment

She's no sociapath! But she'll bury you on the ice. She is a complete player. My vote goes to Kessel no contest.

Comment

Sara Bauer
                          (where the heart beats)

bleep.

Comment

I think Jessica Wong is very deserving of a nomination, at least.

Comment

I would have to give it to Noora just based on what she gives the Gophers. The problem as I see it, everyone is so preoccupied with offensive numbers. Take Noora off the Gophers and I would put money up that they aren't undefeated at this point, and probably would've been no where near the consecutive wins record. The story for most of her career has been, score a goal and you have a 60/40 chance of winning. Score two or three goals and now you have about a 90/10 chance of winning.

Comment

Working...
                              X