• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12/10 USCHO Poll

Not a lot of movement.
    Go 'Wick!

Re: 12/10 USCHO Poll

Absolutely shocking to me that in both polls Utica goes nowhere after beating Oswego on the road.

I would have had them around 4th or 5th.
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
      Absolutely shocking to me that in both polls Utica goes nowhere after beating Oswego on the road.

I would have had them around 4th or 5th.
      Just not sure who they would have jumped, although they almost passed PSU.
      Go 'Wick!

Comment

Originally posted by jerrynu26 View Post
        Just not sure who they would have jumped, although they almost passed PSU.
        They beat Oswego and Oswego has two losses now. Why not put them ahead of Oswego? I would have if I had a vote. Who has Oswego beaten so far?

I don't see how anyone can justify Utica being so low right now other than the "Name Game"...

Utica has a resume that should be teetering them around the top 5 right now.
        GO LAKERS!!!
        "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
        Oswego State '09

Comment

And FOUR Nescac teams in the top 15,??? And the only one with a decent record is Bowdoin. Adrian should be higher, looks like the Western voters aren't pulling their weight.
          Formerly known as NUSuntan

Comment

They beat Oswego and Oswego has two losses now. Why not put them ahead of Oswego? I would have if I had a vote. Who has Oswego beaten so far?

I don't see how anyone can justify Utica being so low right now other than the "Name Game"...

I don't understand why Oswego is ranked so high. They have two losses, and weak SOS metrics. What puts them that high? (They are second in both polls) According to my quantitative measures, they should be ranked below Utica, so if Utica is where they are, then Oswego should be below that.
            2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
            2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
            2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
            2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Perhaps the question is "who have they lost to?" Unfortunately Utica lost to unranked Elmira and Neumann where as the two Oswego loses are to two "top 10" teams. Call me paranoid, but I an not sure things would have been much different if the Oswego-Hobart game ended in a tie or even an Oswego loss. Or the voters memory is much shorter than even I give them credit for.

Where can I write to lobby to get you a vote in the weekly Poll?

Edit: Looking forward to NUProf's rankings on Wednesday.
              Last edited by UCBadger; 12-10-2012, 04:08 PM.
              2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
              2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
              2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
              2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
              2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
              2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
              2009 D-III TOP runner-up
              Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
              1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

Comment

What a shock, Utica goes nowhere... biased much? What a joke this poll is. Seriously.
                Utica College Hockey. Best fan base in D-III. Fear the Moose.
                Utica College 2004-2005 EcacWest Regular Season Champions
                Utica College 2012-2013 EcacWest Regular Season Champions
                2012-2013 ECAC West PICK'EM CHAMPION
                2012-2013 SUNYAC 1st runner up to the Pick'EM CHAMPION

Comment

Originally posted by The Real Georgia Peach View Post
                  And FOUR Nescac teams in the top 15,??? And the only one with a decent record is Bowdoin. Adrian should be higher, looks like the Western voters aren't pulling their weight.
                  I disgaree on Adrian. Who has Adrian played so far? Absolutely no one.

The NESCAC I think deserves four teams in. Williams we all know starts strong and then in about a month they'll start to go down just like they have done every year lately it seems.

If I had a vote i'd definitely have four NESCAC teams in, maybe even five.
                  GO LAKERS!!!
                  Oswego State '09

Comment

Hey Pres- Amherst has played 9 games, only won 5; Midd has played 8 games, only won 4. How does barely winning 50 percent of your games rate you a spot in the top 15? And Adrian? They have played whoever is on their schedule... and have WON!! You could ask the same about our Cadets, they have won some good games against tough competition, and they have beaten a few cream puffs too. Norwich should be #1, Oswego should be further down,(maybe 5? 6?) and Adrian should be ahead of Oswego, as should Utica. Plattsburgh has an interesting problem; beat the current (at the time) #1 then lost to the current #1 by one goal and they drop a spot. Does'nt seem right.
                    Formerly known as NUSuntan

Comment

Originally posted by UCBadger View Post
                      Perhaps the question is "who have they lost to?" Unfortunately Utica lost to unranked Elmira and Neumann where as the two Oswego loses are to two "top 10" teams. Call me paranoid, but I an not sure things would have been much different if the Oswego-Hobart game ended in a tie or even an Oswego loss. Or the voters memory is much shorter than even I give them credit for.

Where can I write to lobby to get you a vote in the weekly Poll?

Edit: Looking forward to NUProf's rankings on Wednesday.
                      Some things in those rankings will surprise you, some not so much.

Comment

Originally posted by The Real Georgia Peach View Post
                        Hey Pres- Amherst has played 9 games, only won 5; Midd has played 8 games, only won 4. How does barely winning 50 percent of your games rate you a spot in the top 15? And Adrian? They have played whoever is on their schedule... and have WON!! You could ask the same about our Cadets, they have won some good games against tough competition, and they have beaten a few cream puffs too. Norwich should be #1, Oswego should be further down,(maybe 5? 6?) and Adrian should be ahead of Oswego, as should Utica. Plattsburgh has an interesting problem; beat the current (at the time) #1 then lost to the current #1 by one goal and they drop a spot. Does'nt seem right.
                        I haven't had the opportunity to see Amherst play yet this year but I have seen Middlebury and let me tell you, that's a darn good hockey team and I'll be shocked if they aren't there in the end. They have some extremely impressive freshmen that are going to get Midd back on track after two subpar years.
                        GO LAKERS!!!
                        Oswego State '09

Comment

Utica is the Rodney Dangerfield of sports, we get no respect. Utica should be ahead of Oswego and Plattsburgh at the very least.
                          Utica College Hockey. Best fan base in D-III. Fear the Moose.
                          Utica College 2004-2005 EcacWest Regular Season Champions
                          Utica College 2012-2013 EcacWest Regular Season Champions
                          2012-2013 ECAC West PICK'EM CHAMPION
                          2012-2013 SUNYAC 1st runner up to the Pick'EM CHAMPION

Comment

Not sure how #2, #3 and #4 all lose this past weekend......and don't move down!!! Therein lies the problem. The Cards lose 1-0 against unbeaten #1 and go down a spot??? I'm not sure anyone in the country is beating the Cadets right now. Further, Eau Claire has lost 2 of their last 3 and stays in top 5?? I think there's some names the voters like to see at the top and sometimes ignore accuracy to get them there.

Comment

I haven't had the opportunity to see Amherst play yet this year but I have seen Middlebury and let me tell you, that's a darn good hockey team and I'll be shocked if they aren't there in the end. They have some extremely impressive freshmen that are going to get Midd back on track after two subpar years.
                              Midd surprised me in the Primelink - I had seen the first period of their game at Bowdoin, and my thought was that they weren't going to be very good this year, but they came back in that game and have played really well since then. I think there are a couple of sleepers that aren't getting a lot of attention yet, and on another web site I'll talk about them.

Comment

Working...
                              X