Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LSSU vs. NMU first team to 2 goals wins.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LSSU vs. NMU first team to 2 goals wins.....

NMU travels to the Soo to take on the Lakers for the first of two series this season, NMU sits in a tie for last in the CCHA standings and has been hampered by injuries and disciplinary issues this season, while the Lakers are 7th in the CCHA. NMU is coming off of a big win against another rival MTU, and should be well rested as they had the weekend off while the Lakers are coming off of arguably their biggest regular season win in years after upsetting #3 Miami down in Oxford, both NMU and LSSU have struggled to find their stride offensively, sitting 46th and 47th in the nation in offense, respectively. Aside from the fact that this is a rivalry series, it is the last series of the calendar year for both teams and with both squads facing challenging CCHA schedules in January, points are certainly at a premium. Away we go....

Re: LSSU vs. NMU first team to 2 goals wins.....

I love the Walt Kyle comment on CCHA officiating after the Tech game. I didn't get a chance to comment before, and I was too lazy and (frankly) didn't care enough to sort through the reltive MTU and NMU threads to see the discussion. But isn't the sentiment 100% truthful? The CCHA is a hack-joke of a league, and even the Refs are bad. That is all being said to say this: Next year in Jerusalem!
    As NMU and LSSU battle it out this weekend, remember -- this match-up next year, and in years to come, may very well have NCAA tourny hopes attached thereto.

Comment

Does anyone know if LSSU has a video stream?
      Go Cats!

Comment

Any NMU fans making the trek to the Sault? There should be plenty of seats available since our students will be gone.
        LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Originally posted by noremorse1 View Post
          Does anyone know if LSSU has a video stream?
          Yes. Click HERE
          NMU Hockey Since 1976 ...there at the beginning.

Bill Crawford, LSSU radio announcer, on NMU hockey: "This is their MO right to the tee: get out shot, get out played, keep hangin' in there, just rope-a-dope it in your own zone, get it up the ice, bang it in and win the game."

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
            Any NMU fans making the trek to the Sault? There should be plenty of seats available since our students will be gone.

Ah, great scheduling by LSSU, NMU, and the CCHA. Wouldn't want a rivalry game played in front of students! Stooopid.

Comment

Originally posted by Lakerblue View Post
              Ah, great scheduling by LSSU, NMU, and the CCHA. Wouldn't want a rivalry game played in front of students! Stooopid.
              I am guessing the series at the end of the year will be during Northern's spring break.

Comment

Originally posted by aygwm2 View Post
                Yes. Click HERE
                Awesome, my NMU subscription to America One will cover that. The last few road series for NMU, that was not the case.

I predict this will either be two vary close games that could go either way or a blow out for LSSU. It all depends. Both teams are coming off of good wins and should be very confident.

I hate to say it, but I think this series could make or break either squad for the rest of the season.
                Go Cats!

Comment

*very
                  Go Cats!

Comment

Originally posted by Lakerblue View Post
                    This has always been the case with this series.... 1st meeting would be the last series in Dec. before the holidays, and then the other one would be the last weekend of the regular season... That Friday would be Spring Break get-away day... Hopefully this will be fixed next year
                    It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Ah, only a few more months of the miserable CCHA, and we LSSU and NMU folk (and probably the MTU folk) can happily hate each other in peace.

Comment

Doesnt NMU usually play a holiday tournament? Why not this year?
                        Go Cats!

Comment

I guess they havent in a few seasons now.
                          Go Cats!

Comment

Originally posted by noremorse1 View Post
                            Doesnt NMU usually play a holiday tournament? Why not this year?

I think Walt picks and chooses when to play a holiday tourney. When the team is expected to have an upturn in performance he'll accept an invite. They haven't played a holiday tourney since 09-10 in Minnesota I believe. Last year they had an exhibition against the Russian All-Stars. The year before I believe they traveled to Denver for a non-conference series.

Comment

Not sure if this played a factor, but NMU has had conference games the first week of January the past few years also... That may have been part of the decision making process as well...
                              It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Working...
                              X