UND @ Michigan Tech: Houghton hears the Whioux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UND @ Michigan Tech: Houghton hears the Whioux

North Dakota coming off a tie and a win at home versus Tech kissing sisters twice in Wisco... NoDak is starting to play pretty good hockey in preparations for a second hand surge that we can only hope will happen again. Going to miss seeing Tech play every year, any chance that we can still trade st. cloud for you guys in the NCHC?

Re: UND @ Michigan Tech: Houghton hears the Whioux

Wow. Great thread title. Thread title of the year.

Comment

The pasty is the 2nd worst food ever. Much like Michigan Tech is the 2nd worst team in the WCHA.
      Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
      when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
      Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Bravo for the thread title. Amazing.
        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
          The pasty is the 2nd worst food ever. Much like Michigan Tech is the 2nd worst team in the WCHA.
          Is lutefisk #1?

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
            Is lutefisk #1?
            #1 is some other disgusting Yooper food I have not yet discovered.
            when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
            Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

I'll be making my first trip to the UP, not quite sure what to expect....
              'If a man wants to eat fried chicken, he's gotta get greasy.' - Kenny Rogers

Fighting Sioux Hockey: Highest NCAA Playoff Winning Percentage

There's no more pompous group of sports fans in the Twin Cities than hardcore followers of Gophers men's hockey. That makes it quite entertaining to see them in full pout after an unexpected elimination from the NCAA tournament. - Reusse

Comment

Have you had a breakfast pasty from Roy's? Those are amazing*.

*Orange Juice is required to make the amazing however.
                tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Rane View Post
                  I'll be making my first trip to the UP, not quite sure what to expect....
                  -Small town - Have to make your own fun(the Downtowner is the place to go for drinks)
                  -Fun arena - Band is annoying and good at the same time
                  -Cool fans - But their cheers are mostly TERRIBLE

I've only been once. I'm sure someone can add some stuff to the list. *cough* Brent Hoven *cough*
                  "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                    Wow. Great thread title. Thread title of the year.
                    Originally posted by aparch View Post
                    Bravo for the thread title. Amazing.
                    Agreed. That was certainly a great thread title. Now, can the thread live up to its title?
                    North Dakota
                    National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
                      -Small town - Have to make your own fun(the Downtowner is the place to go for drinks)
                      -Fun arena - Band is annoying and good at the same time
                      -Cool fans - But their cheers are mostly TERRIBLE

I've only been once. I'm sure someone can add some stuff to the list. *cough* Brent Hoven *cough*
                      Whatever do you mean?

Suomi's is the place to go for breakfast. Buy a loaf of their sweet bread, too. Very tasty.

The Downtowner (or "DT" for those in the biz) is indeed the place to go for drinks. If you make it up on Thursday night, they have wing specials (awesome wings) and Long Island Pitchers for about $8. They don't give you a glass, btw. You drink out of the pitcher like a man.

The Douglass House (aka The Dog) is also a decent bar; more of a dive-type bar.

Keweenaw Brewing Company is a must, although they close earlier (11pm, IIRC).

If you get a chance, drive around the UP. Not only scenic, there are a couple good bars. The Fitz in Eagle River has an extensive scotch list (and high quality beer list, too), and the Gay Bar in Gay is one of those places you should go to, just because. Yes, they run with the joke (shirts that say "I had my stool pushed in at the Gay Bar" etc). And where else can you get a bottle of Dom and a pizza for $275? (Note: the Gay Bar is cash only).

The Library has some quality food; a little pricier, but worth it.

Don't bother with the pasties. Glorified Hot Pockets is what they are.
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                        Have you had a breakfast pasty from Roy's? Those are amazing*.

*Orange Juice is required to make the amazing however.
                        Yes, that is how I know they are terrible. Packing peanuts and rice cakes have more flavor that pasties. Pasties did to my taste buds what Stalin did to political prisoners. I'd rather eat at Wilkerson every day for the rest of my life than ever take a single bite of another pasty.
                        Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Yes, that is how I know they are terrible. Packing peanuts and rice cakes have more flavor that pasties. Pasties did to my taste buds what Stalin did to political prisoners. I'd rather eat at Wilkerson every day for the rest of my life than ever take a single bite of another pasty.
                          Pasties shipped your taste buds to Siberia? Well at least they are still alive (albeit cold).
                          tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                            Pasties shipped your taste buds to Siberia? Well at least they are still alive (albeit cold).
                            No, they committed seppuku immediately upon coming in contact with the rancidness that is the pasty. If only the inventor of this Cornish culinary disaster would have done the same, or at the very least his mother had an abortion, the world would be a better place.
                            Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

No, they committed seppuku immediately upon coming in contact with the rancidness that is the pasty. If only the inventor of this Cornish culinary disaster would have done the same, or at the very least his mother had an abortion, the world would be a better place.
                              But did you try them with gravy?
                              tUMD Hockey

Comment

Working...
                              X