Omaha at St. Cloud State 12/7-12/8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Omaha at St. Cloud State 12/7-12/8

Two more teams go at it that appear to be evenly matched. Omaha coming off a big split at 3rd ranked Minnesota and SCSU coming off a split at Anchorage, both teams hungry for some WCHA points.

Is this on TV in any shape or form or just the web? Looking forward to a hard fought series.

Re: Omaha at St. Cloud State 12/7-12/8

Originally posted by Pants View Post
    Two more teams go at it that appear to be evenly matched. Omaha coming off a big split at 3rd ranked Minnesota and SCSU coming off a split at Anchorage, both teams hungry for some WCHA points.

Is this on TV in any shape or form or just the web? Looking forward to a hard fought series.
    It is on TV if you have Charter. Other than that, you will have to watch it online.
    Originally posted by SJHovey
    Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
    Originally posted by Brenthoven
    We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Unleash the Furry....
      tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

This will be an interesting series. If both teams play like they did the past weekend, I predict a Omaha sweep. Watching UNO play both nights this week, they are a big physical team who can score both with finesse (a lot of team chemistry) and by mucking it up in front for a dirty goal. They aren't as fast as SCSU can be, but they tend to capitalize on mistakes. On the other hand, if SCSU is motivated to prove that almost being swept by UAA was a fluke, I predict a split. I would be very shocked by a Saint Cloud sweep.

Comment

I'd love to see an Omaha sweep, but I think we will see a split here. Omaha is big this year, a lot bigger than past years and we have a solid D Corps. We have also had a lot of forwards step up each weekend, with Walters and Archibald playing some of the best hockey they have yet. There are a lot of players on this team though, it's been a fun season to watch. Looking forward to these games, wish I could make the trek to SCSU, haven't been to a game there yet.

Comment

Going to St. Cloud for these. My mom is from St. Cloud (and both she and her brother are SCSU alums). We make at least one roadie a year and this one is it. I also have an uncle that played at SCSU in 1948. This one is a great trip because I don't have to spring for a hotel and I can blow extra money at the House of Pizza. My wife would live on it if she could.

At worst, UNO splits.

Comment

Originally posted by SaintCloudGopher
              SCSU fans will probably go off on me for saying it, but trust me, you aren't missing much. The National Hockey and Event Center is pretty rundown and ghetto. Traffic sucks and the fans have the most immature and offensive cheers. They don't make sense either. What exactly does it mean to "Suck s**t?" And what's up with guy with the light on his head? Anyway...

So you're gonna be a tool and come in to every thread of ours and predict against us. This won't get annoying.

And traffic sucks? What in the hell are you talking about, there's almost no traffic in that city.

Originally posted by Red Cows View Post
              At worst, UNO splits.
              No... at worst (for you) UNO gets swept, badly, and walks out of the building with their tails between their legs.

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

Comment

Also, how old are you? This is the second time you've come up with a name to call me. Your last was more original.
                You're calling me out for being immature? IALTO. Within your first ten posts you called me a liar and then were nowhere to be heard from when people pointed out that I did watch the game. Why don't you hang out in the Gopher thread unless you're gonna bring insight, hockey talk, or at least learn how to quote posts?

Comment

I watched it on a television screen... and what does it matter if it was on a computer screen? I watched the game.

So you still are calling me a liar, but you want to bet a beer with me? That sounds like a fun deal. Either way I'd have to meet you. I also don't live in St. Cloud.

How about this... St. Cloud sweeps and you stay out of SCSU series threads other than the SCSU-Gophers one?

Comment

No. It is best if it goes away.

Splitsville here we come!
                    Originally posted by Skeeterman
                    Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
                    "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

I think it's funny SCSU fans are thinking a split is coming, because for UNO, that would be a successful weekend as far as I'm concerned. It's important to be able to go into other people's barns and get a win, two is fantastic. But every point matter in WCHA standings too.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cows View Post
                        At worst, UNO splits.
                        How did that work out in March?
                        Originally posted by SJHovey
                        Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                        Originally posted by Brenthoven
                        We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by Pants View Post
                          I think it's funny SCSU fans are thinking a split is coming, because for UNO, that would be a successful weekend as far as I'm concerned. It's important to be able to go into other people's barns and get a win, two is fantastic. But every point matter in WCHA standings too.
                          It's easier to not hold out high hopes.
                          Originally posted by Skeeterman
                          Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
                          "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

Whatever bro. I'm not really interested in feuding with you. Perhaps I went too far in ruffling your feathers. Want to put it aside in the spirit of good hockey? I'm not a big fan of the Huskies, but I respect what they've done so far this year. All my best friends are Husky fans and I've taken a lot of crap from them, so it's gratifying sometimes to throw it back.

I'm really not as big of a dick as you think I am, in fact I can be a pretty good guy. I only came to the thread in the last one to throw in my 2 cents and talk about some stats. I enjoy the game and I've enjoyed the SCSU games I've been to this year. I think I've got a pretty knowledgable base about multiple teams and would like to engage in honest non-biased dialogue with people other than Gopher fans. Now that I've gotten my new-poster trash talking out of the way, I'd like to try and do that. What do ya say?
                            When your first few posts in our threads basically insult everything about St. Cloud in some way, it's hard to believe you when you say you aren't a dick.
                            This series is sweepable for both teams and I hope our recent struggles are behind us returning home.
                            We could really use a big sweep here.
                            "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                            -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                            Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                            Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                            Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                            Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

To all the posters reading this, I'm sorry for distracting from the real topic of these forums. I got caught up in talking smack and it went downhill from there. I sincerely apologize for that and just want to move on. I deleted my previous posts and look forward to engaging in some hockey talk with a wide-range of fans. I'll keep the trash-talk out of my posts until the Huskies play the Gophers. Until then good luck on the rest of the season and I look forward to watching the game.

Comment

Working...
                              X