Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Denver @ North Dakota - December 7-8

Originally posted by cetihcra View Post
    Not that there's a reason to, but if u make it up to Denver shoot me a message and I'll buy you some pints. From what I remember of the poster's game from some years ago you were cool $h1t.

r
    I'm staying in Denver with friends, but am pregaming at Bristol Brewery in CO Springs, if you wanna stop by. I'll by you a pint if you do.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
      I'm staying in Denver with friends, but am pregaming at Bristol Brewery in CO Springs, if you wanna stop by. I'll by you a pint if you do.
      Can't make it to Bristol, as much as I want to. Husband duties and ****. I'll see if I can get a pass for Friday. That said, Go to trinity brewing for a pint...pretty good stuff.

r

Comment

Originally posted by cetihcra View Post
        Can't make it to Bristol, as much as I want to. Husband duties and ****. I'll see if I can get a pass for Friday. That said, Go to trinity brewing for a pint...pretty good stuff.

r
        I'm at the mercy of (using board names) Sloe Gin and Quizmire. They are hosting me.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cows View Post
          Gopher fans are now complaining about the big mean dirty goons at UNO after last weekend (emphasis on big). "UNO looked like they were intent on hurting someone" was just one of the phrases bandied about.
          Where? I was busy with other stuff this past weekend so I just now went back through the series thread on those games and saw not one such post. I also didn't see any on GPL. Where are you seeing, hearing this - is it in your head?

Comment

Back to talk about something that matters...

What's the usual goalie rotation for Denver? Is it Brittain on Friday/Jusi on Saturday?

If North Dakota switches it up, it is usually Saunders on Friday/Gothberg on Saturday, but I don't know if we'll see the two goalie approach this weekend from North Dakota. Saunders played well last Saturday, but was mediocre at best on Friday, so I wouldn't mind seeing Gothberg in net for at least one of the games.

Any injuries/suspensions still lingering for DU?

Michael Parks (injury) is likely to be the only North Dakota player out for this series. It is too bad that he is, as Parks is one of our best forwards. He has played 1 period of hockey this season, and he looked pretty darn good out on the ice. IMO, he adds just that little extra punch that transforms this team into a very potent scoring squad. Hopefully, Parks will be back sooner than later.
            North Dakota
            National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
              Back to talk about something that matters...

What's the usual goalie rotation for Denver? Is it Brittain on Friday/Jusi on Saturday?

If North Dakota switches it up, it is usually Saunders on Friday/Gothberg on Saturday, but I don't know if we'll see the two goalie approach this weekend from North Dakota. Saunders played well last Saturday, but was mediocre at best on Friday, so I wouldn't mind seeing Gothberg in net for at least one of the games.

Any injuries/suspensions still lingering for DU?

Michael Parks (injury) is likely to be the only North Dakota player out for this series. It is too bad that he is, as Parks is one of our best forwards. He has played 1 period of hockey this season, and he looked pretty darn good out on the ice. IMO, he adds just that little extra punch that transforms this team into a very potent scoring squad. Hopefully, Parks will be back sooner than later.
              Jussi on Friday and Brittain on Saturday has been the goalie rotation. Per Gwoz D-man Nolan Zajac should be back this weekend after missing last Saturday's game with an injury. D-man Josiah Didier will not play as he is out 3 to 6 weeks with a high ankle sprain. As far as we know, forward Larkin Jacobson is still suspended indefinitely. Goalie Adam Murray has been out injured and has dressed as 3rd goalie at home. I doubt he will dress. DU will likely dress 12 forwards and 6 d-men plus Jussi and Sam. As DU only has a roster of 24, Didier and Murray could make the trip assuming 4th goalie Zack Hope and Jacobson are left in Denver.
              DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Gopher fans are now complaining about the big mean dirty goons at UNO after last weekend (emphasis on big). "UNO looked like they were intent on hurting someone" was just one of the phrases bandied about.

This is going to be a great series and UNO fan hopes for a split, particularly if we can find a way to get a sweep ourselves this weekend. I don't know, really, what to make of North Dakota or Denver so far this season. There has been a lot of Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde in the whole league so far this season. 3 weeks ago, I would have said DU was maybe the best team in the country. Now..............
                Please share where you read this. I think there were two dirty hits. One was an elbow to Rau's head that went uncalled and the CFB on Bjugstad which was called. A few posters commented on the elbow not being called but I recall no one saying that UNO was a dirty team.

Carry on DU and UND fans. I apologize for this post, but I echo what Brent said in his response to Red Cows initially.

These games will be televised I assume...? My roommate is upping our cable package this week....maybe my Comcast will be able to watch these games now.
                "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by SaintCloudGopher View Post
                  To all the posters on here, I'm sorry for missing the point of the forums. It turned from talking smart into something stupid and for that I apologize. Mark it up to the immaturity of a new account. I deleted my prior posts and look forward to discussing the great sport of hockey in a mature way. Looking forward to watching UND play the Gophers. It's always a fun series. Good luck to you on your seasons. And to the Gopher fans, sorry for poorly representing this great team.
                  It's not really your fault man. There is a pretty clear double-standard here and you just need to learn how to operate within it. I thought Goon's initial post that you replied to was a pretty broad generalization and petty dig at Gopher fans too, but you'll notice how that's considered acceptable (in a UND v DU game thread no less). #Obsession
                  Last edited by JDUBBS1280; 12-04-2012, 09:30 AM.

Comment

Link or it didn't happen.

I like how you try to group all MN fans together even if one person did happen to say this (which I doubt)

Comment

Perhaps we should invite UMD and SCSU fans to come into this thread so Gopher fans can argue with them too.
                      Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                      when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                      Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

This thread is fun, it has some good discussion on the upcoming UND/DU games this weekend and it's a great place for gopher fans to come and discuss how obsessed UND fans are with their team.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                          Perhaps we should invite UMD and SCSU fans to come into this thread so Gopher fans can argue with them too.
                          Maybe you should take some petty pot shots at them too and they will.

Comment

You rang?
                            tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Now that is some funny sht. Carry on.
                              You hardly know a day goes by in a cardboard cutout sundown...

Comment

Originally posted by JDUBBS1280 View Post
                                Maybe you should take some petty pot shots at them too and they will.
                                That doesn't make any sense. Why would me calling Biddco a talentless gold digging drunkard cause him to argue with a Gopher fan?
                                Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                                when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                                Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Working...
                                X