Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Denver @ North Dakota - December 7-8

Originally posted by Red Cows View Post
    Gopher fans are now complaining about the big mean dirty goons at UNO after last weekend (emphasis on big). "UNO looked like they were intent on hurting someone" was just one of the phrases bandied about.

This is going to be a great series and UNO fan hopes for a split, particularly if we can find a way to get a sweep ourselves this weekend. I don't know, really, what to make of North Dakota or Denver so far this season. There has been a lot of Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde in the whole league so far this season. 3 weeks ago, I would have said DU was maybe the best team in the country. Now..............
    I'd like to see where (and by whom) those comments were. I think there was the embellishment accusation, which was justified IMO. I don't recall seeing "goon" talk. Sorry to interrupt, but I will defend my team and fans when needed.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cows View Post
      Gopher fans are now complaining about the big mean dirty goons at UNO after last weekend (emphasis on big). "UNO looked like they were intent on hurting someone" was just one of the phrases bandied about.

This is going to be a great series and UNO fan hopes for a split, particularly if we can find a way to get a sweep ourselves this weekend. I don't know, really, what to make of North Dakota or Denver so far this season. There has been a lot of Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde in the whole league so far this season. 3 weeks ago, I would have said DU was maybe the best team in the country. Now..............
      Alot of folks were on the DU bandwagon 3 weeks ago. I warned them this thing is a marathon not a sprint but some insisted they are basically unstoppable. Hmmmmm I guess not.
      Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
        I'd like to see where (and by whom) those comments were. I think there was the embellishment accusation, which was justified IMO. I don't recall seeing "goon" talk. Sorry to interrupt, but I will defend my team and fans when needed.
        I don't recall any of that either.
        @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
        On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
        High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Don't pay attention to SCG. Please. That is all.

Thank you.
          I wonder how long it will take people to realize these accounts are created with the sole purpose of making Gopher fans look stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by SaintCloudGopher
            Honestly, you guys are the first fans I've talked to that haven't been proud of it. Good to know there are some out there.
            Honk honk honk! SCG's clown car is driving the thread!

*****https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTlGSzwpjWpFnOUAFxyFkd7GjsHMXzSZ 51dnlfau3V9dSQ4qWiC6g******
            "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
            Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
            The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
            Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

If it makes you feel any better, you don't need accounts on here for us to think Gopher fans are stupid.
              Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
              when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
              Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

So when I say something to defend the fans saying that it might be justified to complain it's not justified and I'm just trying to make Gopher fans look stupid, but you can do it? I wasn't trying to start anything I was just saying maybe there's a reason why DU doesn't complain about the "goons" as much as Minnesota fans.
                Convoluted. Wow.

I have many UND friends. No "good" fans have genuinely defended the handshake line incident that I can recall. Nor the goonery. I hate UND more than the Devil himself, but fair is fair. I won't condemn without reason. And DU....they have maybe 5 or 6.....even 7 fans? That's why you don't hear them complain. Go home son, unless you want to really learn about the posters on this site. If that's your choice? Read and learn.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                  If it makes you feel any better, you don't need accounts on here for us to think Gopher fans are stupid.
                  The feeling is quite mutual.

Comment

I feel Ben Blood should've punched Rau in the throat. Put that little weenie boy in his place.
                    Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                    when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                    Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

So when I say something to defend the fans saying that it might be justified to complain it's not justified and I'm just trying to make Gopher fans look stupid, but you can do it? I wasn't trying to start anything I was just saying maybe there's a reason why DU doesn't complain about the "goons" as much as Minnesota fans.

Nah, no reason at all why fans in several threads might think you're a dick.
                      Nope.
                      "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                      -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                      Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                      Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                      Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                      Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

I won't condemn without reason. And DU....they have maybe 5 or 6.....even 7 fans? That's why you don't hear them complain. Go home son, unless you want to really learn about the posters on this site. If that's your choice? Read and learn.
                        +1
                        AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

This is a game thread, if you goofs and woofs can stop chirping about $h1t with no impact it would be appreciated. I'll accept the fate of having a game thread with 12 posts if I don't have to see a post about how freakin awesome the gophers are. You're all beaut's, we get it.

That said, like many DU fans, this is about where I expected the Pios to be record-wise. How they got to this point is disappointing, lets hope they can get/stay healthy. I'd think both du and whioux fans are a bit disappointed w some results, can't wait to see a couple good, hard-fought games.

Are the gophs playing this weekend?

r

Comment

To all the posters on here, I'm sorry for missing the point of the forums. It turned from talking smart into something stupid and for that I apologize. Mark it up to the immaturity of a new account. I deleted my prior posts and look forward to discussing the great sport of hockey in a mature way. Looking forward to watching UND play the Gophers. It's always a fun series. Good luck to you on your seasons. And to the Gopher fans, sorry for poorly representing this great team.

Comment

Originally posted by cetihcra View Post
                              This is a game thread, if you goofs and woofs can stop chirping about $h1t with no impact it would be appreciated. I'll accept the fate of having a game thread with 12 posts if I don't have to see a post about how freakin awesome the gophers are. You're all beaut's, we get it.

That said, like many DU fans, this is about where I expected the Pios to be record-wise. How they got to this point is disappointing, lets hope they can get/stay healthy. I'd think both du and whioux fans are a bit disappointed w some results, can't wait to see a couple good, hard-fought games.

Are the gophs playing this weekend?

r
                              MN at CC. Tough series. I am attending.

This series will be the one to keep an eye on, though. Not only for now, but for when the NaCHo Conference forms. This will be the key rivalry that will have (or should have) national attention.

Comment

MN at CC. Tough series. I am attending.

This series will be the one to keep an eye on, though. Not only for now, but for when the NaCHo Conference forms. This will be the key rivalry that will have (or should have) national attention.
                                Not that there's a reason to, but if u make it up to Denver shoot me a message and I'll buy you some pints. From what I remember of the poster's game from some years ago you were cool $h1t.

r

Comment

Working...
                                X