Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Denver @ North Dakota - December 7-8

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
    DU has not been swept in WCHA conference play in how long? I'd say they're due.
    UW was 80 seconds from doing so last week. Whioux sweep.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
      Sorry goon but keep the stinky rodents out of this thread please.
      I think this rivalry is ever more heated than that one anyways.
      Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
      Eric's Twitter
      The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

Originally posted by du78 View Post
        This should be an interesting series. Probably good that DU is playing them in Grand Forks before the 2nd half of the season when UND seems to turn it up a notch. The series in Denver in late February will probably have significant implications regarding the WCHA winner. I would expect Jussi and Sam, to be in goal as they have been the last few weekends. DU needs to work on their puck management more than anything. If you don't have control of the puck, you aren't going to score and the chances of being scored upon increase. One thing I noticed last weekend against Wisconsin is that DU was not winning the one on one battles for the puck. Wisconsin played a very frustrating deliberately slow brand of hockey with all 5 players packed around the net when DU had control in the offensive zone. DU was unable to play their transition game from their own zone as they could not make two passes connect. Had DU been able to put the Badgers on their heels with a stronger transition and better passing game, DU would have won both games. Eaves' team played a perfect road series for an offensively challenged team. When DU had some chances to put the puck in, they misfired, shot wide, etc. I think DU and UND match up much better as both teams like to skate and play 200 foot hockey. I see some 10 to 12 total goals games this weekend rather than the 2 and 4 goals games we witnessed at DU last weekend. Whoever has the puck luck this weekend will probably win each night.
        I predict there will be a few more YouTube videos after this weekend is over as well.
        Eric's Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by SaintCloudGopher
          There's hardly a WCHA thread that goes by that doesn't mention the Golden Gophers. Good job, you made it nearly a page. Jealous much?
          It was brought up that it's nice not to have to hear you whine. Then you show up.
          "My greatest achievement."
          Dirty on getting me suspended from USCHO.

I'm not an alcoholic! I'm an independent beer taster for Anheuser Busch.

Happy~Smelling like a warm turd sandwich since 11/15/07.

Comment

There's hardly a WCHA thread that goes by that doesn't mention the Golden Gophers. Good job, you made it nearly a page. Jealous much? Guarantee DU doesn't get less than 3 points this weekend. I was at the UND-SCSU game, the Whioux are more pretenders than contenders. Saying "we always start slow" is all that the NoDak fans can do to save themselves from total utter despair.

Also, funny that a guy who calls himself "goon" tries to play off the NoDak tradition of goons. Who will pull our smallest guy out of the handshake line this year now that Blood is gone?
            Wow!!! Talk about pretenders, the Gophers have played one ranked opponent and or one team with a winning record and they split with them.
            Eric's Twitter

Comment

Who will pull our smallest guy out of the handshake line this year now that Blood is gone?
              Doesn't matter. All Minnesota players play small when it comes to physical contact, so Rocco can pull anybody out of the handshake line and you'll still see the classic gopher turtle move.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                Doesn't matter. All Minnesota players play small when it comes to physical contact, so Rocco can pull anybody out of the handshake line and you'll still see the classic gopher turtle move.
                Heck, Rocco plays bigger than some of the Gophers forwards who are bigger than him.
                Last edited by Goon; 12-03-2012, 07:18 PM.
                Eric's Twitter

Comment

Because it gets Gopher fans all in a dander. It is quite amusing.

UND Sweeps. Dasher Monkey Weeps.
                  Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                  when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                  Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

I didn't come here to whine, I just wanted to point out the irony of Goon defending goons. It also is likely that DU doesn't "whine" about your goons because they don't deal with it as much. When has UND pulled out a DU player?

On a serious note, I'm curious what it is that makes UND fans proud of behavior such as Blood's. I can kind of understand fights because of passion and excitement, but why is it that pulling a small player out of a handshake line (most unsportsmanlike thing ever) is something to be applauded? I honestly would be embarrassed. Sure all teams take bad or cheap penalties, but come on there's a line.
                    Hey Dudley Do-Right, where is it written in this thread that I defended anyone being pulled out of a handshake line? I know from a very good source that Rau was chirping and yapping at Blood and that's why he got yanked out of the hand shake line, did I defend it, I thought it was a bone headed play. Made for an exciting end of the game but not smart. I will sit here and wait for your response. In case you've forgot, Men's hockey is a contact sport and sometimes people get a little bent out of shape. Hence, a whole web page devoted to Hockey Fights.
                    Last edited by Goon; 12-03-2012, 07:54 PM.
                    Eric's Twitter

Comment

I didn't come here to whine, I just wanted to point out the irony of Goon defending goons. It also is likely that DU doesn't "whine" about your goons because they don't deal with it as much. When has UND pulled out a DU player?

On a serious note, I'm curious what it is that makes UND fans proud of behavior such as Blood's. I can kind of understand fights because of passion and excitement, but why is it that pulling a small player out of a handshake line (most unsportsmanlike thing ever) is something to be applauded? I honestly would be embarrassed. Sure all teams take bad or cheap penalties, but come on there's a line.
                      Did anyone say we are proud of what he did? In fact it was the total opposite when it happened. 90% of Sioux fans were ****ed because of what he did. Respect the handshake. What Blood did was rotten and I lost some respect from the guy when he did it. Now go back to your hole. Oh and GFY FNG.
                      Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Don't pay attention to SCG. Please. That is all.

Thank you.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

This is some of the funniest shyte I've seen around here. What do you expect? You think that alumni are going to stop cheering for their team because of one guy losing his temper at a stupid time? Or that they're going to apologize for it to the likes of you? Every now and again, on every team, some player does something that the fans wish they hadn't. It has certainly happened at DU, and it has darn sure happened at Minnesota. Not condemning the player or the team is not the same as being proud of it. In fact, chirping about it to fans of a rival isn't the same either. There are things I wish DU players hadn't done; I will never admit those things to a North Dakota fan, or to a CC fan.

Comment

There's hardly a WCHA thread that goes by that doesn't mention the Golden Gophers.
                            And there is never one without a goofer troll.
                            Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

Originally posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post
                              And there is never one without a goofer troll.
                              Happens every time like my morning crap.
                              Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Goon View Post
                                One thing I like about DU is you dont' hear their five fans complaining about the big mean dirty goons from North Dakota like the Gophers fans do. This should be an awesome weekend of hockey.
                                Gopher fans are now complaining about the big mean dirty goons at UNO after last weekend (emphasis on big). "UNO looked like they were intent on hurting someone" was just one of the phrases bandied about.

This is going to be a great series and UNO fan hopes for a split, particularly if we can find a way to get a sweep ourselves this weekend. I don't know, really, what to make of North Dakota or Denver so far this season. There has been a lot of Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde in the whole league so far this season. 3 weeks ago, I would have said DU was maybe the best team in the country. Now..............

Comment

Working...
                                X