Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New Hampshire vs. Boston University, Thursday 12/6

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
    bu dives. i sit and yell at the tv. heck, i txt scarlet with she's at the games and i'm watching on tv that noonan or whomever just dove and she thought it was only a penalty on the other team.

however.....

there are embellishments all the time, every team. i think it's natural because hockey refs generally blow and kids (and even professionals) feel the need to make sure what they thought happened was seen.

given all of that, do you EVER SEE TWO CALLS IN A SINGLE GAME FOR DIVING? no, you do not. ever. even if it's one on one team and one on the other.

it just doesn't happen.

but it does now.

and it's not because bu dives. it's because bu's coach chose to run his mouth.

now anything close is being called along with all the obvious ones.

so bu needs to stop it and go beyond. they can't fall down at all now, because the refs have taken jack's mouth to heart and are going to call it when bu does it. every single time.
    http://www.uscho.com/2012/11/01/emba...ator-schachte/
    Hit Somebody!

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
      Since he was wearing a BU sweater, are you sure he didn't take a dive?
      +1
      Originally posted by mookie1995
      bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
      Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
      Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
        Props to the plastered drunk unh students who waited outside the exit of the rink to punch the first Bu sweater they saw in the head. Losing with class.
        They should do what I do; leave early and swear prolifically on the ride home.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
        -Blackadder
        "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
        -Casablanca
        "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
        -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
          bu dives. i sit and yell at the tv. heck, i txt scarlet with she's at the games and i'm watching on tv that noonan or whomever just dove and she thought it was only a penalty on the other team.

however.....

there are embellishments all the time, every team. i think it's natural because hockey refs generally blow and kids (and even professionals) feel the need to make sure what they thought happened was seen.

given all of that, do you EVER SEE TWO CALLS IN A SINGLE GAME FOR DIVING? no, you do not. ever. even if it's one on one team and one on the other.

it just doesn't happen.

but it does now.

and it's not because bu dives. it's because bu's coach chose to run his mouth.

now anything close is being called along with all the obvious ones.

so bu needs to stop it and go beyond. they can't fall down at all now, because the refs have taken jack's mouth to heart and are going to call it when bu does it. every single time.
          Aside from the actual dives that are recorded in the box scores, one might need to consider something that started this epidemic over at BU. Remember in the first ND game when Osanen got hit in the shoulder and went flopping down to the ice to grab his head then got right back up and scored the PPG after the officials bought his act? I think getting away with this AND getting some results in the form of a PPG may have encouraged this behavior by the Terriers. Then the next night Hakstool pre-emptively talks to officials about it so the refs find Noonan also laughably flailing and put him in the bin. They come home thinking those refs are from out west so who cares, let's see if we can keep flopping but stupidly Jack runs his mouth looking like a hypocrite and buffoon and brings attention to his own team.

And here we are 5 diving penalties later. I'm sure Jack doesn't teach it. He didn't teach Trivino/Nicastro to rape anyone either. But all these things have happened.
          Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
          The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Sorry to have missed this game, but its impossible to picture how this played out. UHN SMT's running around the ice complaining to the refs "he touched me, he touched me !" while at the same time several BU players flopping like a fish (hmmm) on the ice in pure embellished dive form. Just struggling with this picture.
            sure why not

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
              And here we are 5 diving penalties later. I'm sure Jack doesn't teach it. He didn't teach Trivino/Nicastro to rape anyone either. But all these things have happened.
              Are you drunk?!?
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
                How inconsiderate of UNH to only blast the goal horn for 20 seconds after UNH missed an open net, not a peep from the A/V guys when BU did
                That shot wasn't even close, either. No post, nothing. Was there even an open net? He missed by a solid 5-10 feet, and then suddenly it was the Fourth of July.
                ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Sounds like Schachte was informed about who the real diving team in Hockey East is. Or maybe he just saw it on film for himself...

Comment

....Fourth of July.
                    Staple on anyone's "top 3 songs ever" list!

Comment

Louganis Arena?
                      Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Louganis Arena?
                        Not that there is anything wrong with that...

Comment

Louganis Arena?
                          !!!!!!

The flopping five have big leadership roles on the team. Surely, jack's message isn't getting through if his best players defy him so openly.
                          “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                          Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                          Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                          National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                            Louganis Arena?
                            outstanding

Comment

• Originally posted by all bear View Post
                              Sorry to have missed this game, but its impossible to picture how this played out. UHN SMT's running around the ice complaining to the refs "he touched me, he touched me !" while at the same time several BU players flopping like a fish (hmmm) on the ice in pure embellished dive form. Just struggling with this picture.
                              Get back to us when you win a home game

Comment

That shot wasn't even close, either. No post, nothing. Was there even an open net? He missed by a solid 5-10 feet, and then suddenly it was the Fourth of July.
                                WIDE open net on that one and during a delayed penalty shortly after that Sorkin slid through the crease on a rebound.

Comment

Working...
                                X