PDA

View Full Version : Bowling Green Hockey (From the Floor to the Final Four...back to the floor, Falcon A)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

BG_Falcons
02-18-2013, 02:23 PM
BG ended the weekend series against Ferris with a hard fought 4-3 loss, Defense was a little shaky giving up the odd man rush and Burke showed some freshman inconstancy but I really liked how the team never gave up until the end.

4 games left in the season 2 at home against NMU and 2 on the road against ND.

Finish strong and get that home playoff series boys!

Also the debut of Ralfs Frieberg this weekend, lets see if the legendary scout team Power Play can live up to the hype.

blackswampboy
02-23-2013, 04:16 PM
for those who missed today's Sentinel-Tribune...

BGSU 2013-14 WCHA SCHEDULE
Nov. 1-2 — ALASKA-ANCHORAGE
Nov. 8-9 — at Minnesota State (Mankato)
Nov. 15-16 — at Ferris State
Nov. 22-23 — MINNESOTA STATE (MANKATO)
Nov. 29-30 — at Lake Superior
Dec. 6-7 — ALABAMA-HUNTSVILLE
Dec. 13-14 — at Michigan Tech
Jan. 3-4 — at Alabama-Huntsville
Jan. 10-11 — ALASKA (FAIRBANKS)
Jan. 24-25 — LAKE SUPERIOR
Jan. 31-Feb. 1 — MICHIGAN TECH
Feb. 14-15 — at Alaska-Anchorage
Feb. 28-March 1 — at Northern Michigan
March 7-8 — BEMIDJI STATE

plus the N-C series with Colgate, @Union, home/home with OSU, and @Three Rivers Classic.
kudos to OSU for helping to keep up the in-state rivalry.

klbaum1077
02-24-2013, 12:27 PM
for those who missed today's Sentinel-Tribune...

BGSU 2013-14 WCHA SCHEDULE
Nov. 1-2 — ALASKA-ANCHORAGE
Nov. 8-9 — at Minnesota State (Mankato)
Nov. 15-16 — at Ferris State
Nov. 22-23 — MINNESOTA STATE (MANKATO)
Nov. 29-30 — at Lake Superior
Dec. 6-7 — ALABAMA-HUNTSVILLE
Dec. 13-14 — at Michigan Tech
Jan. 3-4 — at Alabama-Huntsville
Jan. 10-11 — ALASKA (FAIRBANKS)
Jan. 24-25 — LAKE SUPERIOR
Jan. 31-Feb. 1 — MICHIGAN TECH
Feb. 14-15 — at Alaska-Anchorage
Feb. 28-March 1 — at Northern Michigan
March 7-8 — BEMIDJI STATE

plus the N-C series with Colgate, @Union, home/home with OSU, and @Three Rivers Classic.
kudos to OSU for helping to keep up the in-state rivalry.

I am glad to see BG on the Buckeyes schedule as well.

klbaum1077
02-24-2013, 12:33 PM
Good Luck this weekend hope you guys can get that bye.

aygwm2
02-24-2013, 01:56 PM
Good Luck this weekend hope you guys can get that bye.
I don't think they can get the bye. The top five teams are locked in: MU, WMU, ND, FSU & OSU.

BGSU can end up as high as the 6th seed if they sweep ND. That would leave them at 40 pts. tied with UA, but they won the season series against UA.

But, good luck anyway...

klbaum1077
02-24-2013, 02:08 PM
I don't think they can get the bye. The top five teams are locked in: MU, WMU, ND, FSU & OSU.

BGSU can end up as high as the 6th seed if they sweep ND. That would leave them at 40 pts. tied with UA, but they won the season series against UA.

But, good luck anyway...

Stupid me i meant home ice.

LSSULaker889294
02-24-2013, 05:10 PM
I think Bergeron will get get CCHA Coach of the Year. I'll be very surprised if someone else gets it.

Freddie
02-24-2013, 07:40 PM
I think Bergeron will get get CCHA Coach of the Year. I'll be very surprised if someone else gets it.

He deserves it for action taken even before the season began.
The only CCHA coach to NOT bail out of the league within minutes of being offered the opportunity.

Everything that's happened during the season is just icing on the cake.

LSSULaker889294
03-10-2013, 09:11 PM
Three years in a row that you lose the first game and then win the next two to win a series against a U.P. school. :eek: Congratulations Falcons and good luck in the next round.

Freddie
03-10-2013, 09:16 PM
I think our boys just like pasties.

PerkyforPrez
03-10-2013, 10:09 PM
Congratulations Falcons you sure deserved to win this series.

And count me as one that respects your coach he's a good one. We are jealous.

SwedishJustice22
03-14-2013, 12:12 PM
Best of luck this weekend. I have a feeling things are going to get real chippy real quick since our two teams will meet for the second time in three weeks. Is Hammond fully healthy for you guys? He is a senior who I would rather not face, as when he is on it seems like nothing gets past him

blackswampboy
03-14-2013, 12:26 PM
Best of luck this weekend. I have a feeling things are going to get real chippy real quick since our two teams will meet for the second time in three weeks. Is Hammond fully healthy for you guys? He is a senior who I would rather not face, as when he is on it seems like nothing gets past him

gracias, same to you.

sorry that Anders didn't get the job.

BG_Falcons
03-14-2013, 02:44 PM

Judging by the LSSU series he looks like he could be back on his game after dealing with injuries all season. Hammy was the main reason we made it so far last year but this everyone has been doing their part. Hope for a good series, I feel like it will go 3 games (hopefully) just don't know the outcome really, depends on which BG shows up and which ND shows up.

Dutchman
03-15-2013, 10:20 AM
Good luck Bowling Green !!!!!

blackswampboy
03-21-2013, 11:33 AM
congrats to AH!

"OTTAWA, Ontario -- The Ottawa Senators announced the signing of senior Andrew Hammond on Wednesday afternoon, inking the goaltender to a two-year entry-level contract. Hammond has signed an amateur tryout agreement and will report to the club’s American Hockey League affiliate, the Binghamton Senators."

BG_Falcons
03-23-2013, 01:07 AM
Congrats also go out to Bobby Shea for signing a tryout contract with the Reading Royals in the ECHL

BG_Falcons
03-23-2013, 01:26 AM
Now it's time to start the long offseason and speculate on the roster, BG tradition dictates that around 2 or 3 players leave early each year, no one left over the Winter break so I'm expecting a couple to leave over the spring/summer.

So Hammond, Shea, M-Rod, and Peltoma graduate, I stated in the nWCHA thread that is anyone leaves I think it would be Pletsch and Viselli. So assuming that they leave team loses 6 in total.

Incoming freshman I think will probably be Brandon Hawkins, Kevin Dufour, and Tomas Sholl as locks and we'll throw in Brett D'Andrea due to already having 2 Jr-A seasons as well as Reed Whiteside for the same reason.

Also assuming that all of Derek Hills issued are sorted out I think the roster for next season will probably be:

Mingo-Carpenter-Berkle

Hawkins/Dufour-Wojtala-Williamson

Cooper-DeSalvo-Murphy

Mohler/Sumsion-Wallace/D'Andrea-Tate

Sullivan-Sloat

Friebergs-Kucera

Perrier-Hafner/Delagadillo/Hills/Whiteside

Tommy Burke
Tomas Sholl
Scott Zacharias

This puts us 1 defenseman short of what our roster looked like last year but I think it's a pretty accurate listing of what possibly could happen.

Our other recruits don't look ready yet and even Whiteside is pushing it in terms of probably being anything more than Depth but that's what Delagadillo basically was this year and he wasn't totally useless.

EDIT: Forgot about Mark Friedman on D he would probably be in and not Whiteside just looking at USHL production. (Also Whiteside is IR'd which explains a lot)

blackswampboy
03-23-2013, 08:18 PM
Jack Carle listed some juicy info in yesterday's Sentinel, talking about spending on men's hoops.

"Information from the U.S. Department of Education, compiled on bbstate.com (midmajority.com) shows that BG is last in the MAC in spending on men's basketball, in data from 2011. The total expenses for BG in the report is $1,145,144, which is 251st in the nation. Ohio tops the MAC schools at $2,162,046 and Akron is second at $1,924,397."

hmm, has we pointers to such figures for DI hockey?

pdt1081
03-23-2013, 09:42 PM
I stated in the nWCHA thread that is anyone leaves I think it would be Pletsch and Viselli.

What are you basing this from? Simply going by playing time?