Quick Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Quick Question

We Denver fans miss him terribly. He does have a ton of knowledge about the game and the people involved. For example if some assistant coach , trainer, equipment manager or whatever on some team was featured in some random story somehwere, he would have some personal anecdote about him. It seemed like he knew everyone in college hockey. He knew all about the history of any given program, he knew all about the players and their lineage, etc. At first I thought he was just a know it all, but he could actually back it up. He also had a tendency to be pessimistic about the Pioneers which used to get lots of reaction from the rest of us as well as lots of laughs. Yeah we miss him, who knows, if the Pioneers do really well this year, maybe he won't be able to resist a return. So everyone route for Denver and help coax him out of retirement!!
    "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
    Tom Serratore

Comment

Originally posted by JDUBBS1280 View Post
      No argument there. I never contended that Minnesota's program is bigger than the game.
      You may have never said it, but you sure act like it. This "gotcha" thread is just another in a long litany of examples.

I've never even met Puck Swami, but I don't need to to know that you, sir, are no Puck Swami.
      If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
        You may have never said it, but you sure act like it. This "gotcha" thread is just another in a long litany of examples.

I've never even met Puck Swami, but I don't need to to know that you, sir, are no Puck Swami.
        Lighten up man

I meant this thread to be fun. I even said so before I posted what Swami wrote. Just poking fun at the fact that he and I can say virtually the same thing and I get attacked and he doesn't.

Like I said in another thread, my initial comments (that were the genesis for this whole "Minnesota History and Tradition" thing that has given me a bad name, were made in a Gopher game thread and were part of a discussion on decreased attendance at Gopher games.

Because I was a new guy, and a Gopher fan, I was attacked as being "arrogant" by a guy I have come to now realize is a bigger troll than anyone. Would Swami have been attacked for saying the same thing? Am I not allowed to speak my mind, in a Gopher thread no less? Where was the backlash at the troll attacking my thoughts?

I admit I got defensive, lashed out, and acted like an a hole at times, which is why I took time off from the board.

I've turned the page. Time to move past all that stuff
        Last edited by JDUBBS1280; 11-29-2012, 08:48 AM.

Comment

Lighten up man

I meant this thread to be fun. I even said so before I posted what Swami wrote. Just poking fun at the fact that he and I can say virtually the same thing and I get attacked and he doesn't.

Like I said in another thread, my initial comments (that were the genesis for this whole "Minnesota History and Tradition" thing that has given me a bad name, were made in a Gopher game thread and were part of a discussion on decreased attendance at Gopher games.

Because I was a new guy, and a Gopher fan, I was attacked as being "arrogant" by a guy I have come to now realize is a bigger troll than anyone. Would Swami have been attacked for saying the same thing? Am I not allowed to speak my mind, in a Gopher thread no less? Where was the backlash at the troll attacking my thoughts?

I admit I got defensive, lashed out, and acted like an a hole at times, which is why I took time off from the board.

I've turned the page. Time to move past all that stuff
          You could turn every page in the book, no one is going to think you're any less of a d&*che.
          "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
          Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
          The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
          Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

Originally posted by cross cheque View Post
            You could turn every page in the book, no one is going to think you're any less of a d&*che.
            I'll just take the high road and say that's unfortunate.

Comment

I'll just take the high road and say that's unfortunate.
              Taking the high road would of course meant not returning to USCHO.com...

Comment

Somehow your post disappeared Scooby, so I can't reply to it directly, but in response to your comment about me being incapable of "respecting other teams"....

The problem is you choose to ignore posts like these and focus on only posts where my thoughts/opinions don't jive with yours.

Looks like it's about time for me to man up and admit I'm likely going to be dead wrong about BC this season. I thought their young defensemen would struggle more than they have, but they've looked good. I thought Milner would regress back more than he has. He's looked really solid. I thought they'd have more problems finding secondary scoring, but guys have stepped up.

Hats off to Jerry York. I am very impressed.
                Some positive news for Wisconsin is that Grant Besse should be a stud at the next level, and he comes in next season. He could have an immediate impact ala Kyle Rau at Minnesota. And then UW's 2014 class looks pretty special. I'm a big fan of Christian Dvorak.
                I'm not getting drawn in to stupid arguments with you anymore. I suggest you act like an adult and simply ignore the comments of mine that you don't like. You aren't perfect either pal.

Comment

Originally posted by cross cheque View Post
                  Wow, coming from you I'd consider that high praise.

Comment

The whole thing started when Gurt bit my head off for saying that John Mariucci is largely responsible for where Minnesota Hockey is today, and what he did at Minnesota had a profound effect in growing the sport in this country.

So that exchange set off over a year's worth of dooshery where you antagonized nearly every other fan base on USCHO, including your own? All of that was an attempt to show me?

I wish I had that kind of pull. Nah, your dooshery is your own.

And Mariucci is WAY overrated. Even Scooby agrees.
                    Last edited by Gurtholfin; 11-29-2012, 11:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                      So that exchange set off over a year's worth of dooshery where you antagonized nearly every other fan base on USCHO, including your own? All of this was an attempt to show me?

I wish I had that kind of pull. Nah, your dooshery is your own.

And Mariucci is WAY overrated. Even Scooby agrees.
                      You were out of line jumping all over me for those comments, which were in a Gopher game thread. And you were dead wrong in that argument too.

My mistake was not dropping it and taking the attention away from how ridiculous you were making yourself look.

Comment

You were put of line jumping all over me for those comments, which were in a Gopher game thread. And you were dead wrong in that argument too.

My mistake was not dropping it and taking the attention away from how ridiculous you were making yourself look.

You're still arguing it, Doug.

Comment

You were out of line jumping all over me for those comments, which were in a Gopher game thread. And you were dead wrong in that argument too.

Hook, line, and sinker.
                          "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
                          Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
                          The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
                          Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

Somehow your post disappeared Scooby, so I can't reply to it directly, but in response to your comment about me being incapable of "respecting other teams"....

The problem is you choose to ignore posts like these and focus on only posts where my thoughts/opinions don't jive with yours.

I'm not getting drawn in to stupid arguments with you anymore. I suggest you act like an adult and simply ignore the comments of mine that you don't like. You aren't perfect either pal.
                            Your recent opinions about Wisconsin prove my point. Swami would never speak about other clubs and fanbases the way you do. Comparing yourself to him is giving me a vomit sensation.
                            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

It's real simple.
                              Dubbs, you are everything Swami isn't, and Swami is everything you aren't.
                              If you are unable to figure out what that means, no one here will be all that surprised.
                              "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                              -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                              Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                              Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                              Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                              Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

You're beautiful just the way you are, don't let anyone tell you differently.

Comment

Working...
                                X