Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Quick Question

Originally posted by Driftryder View Post
    I think most on this board would agree that Swami was top notch. I wish he still posted.
    What he said.
    Originally posted by mookie1995
    bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
    Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
    Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by JDUBBS1280 View Post
      Good, glad we have a consensus on that. Here is what he wrote (and this is just in good fun ):
      He was drunk that day!
      Originally posted by mookie1995
      bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
      Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
      Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Who is Puck Swami? Anyone know anything about him? Is his opinion respected in hockey circles? Thanks.
        *****https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSDht47cWyKvt3JRrRtoIaw2IbcE6aPB i5q5D14pgcYjHJgYgkGdYKCcR7A******
        "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
        Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
        The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
        Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

Good, glad we have a consensus on that. Here is what he wrote (and this is just in good fun ):
          I agree with others on his credibility. IMHO, he was probably the most knowledgeable poster on USCHO before he disappeared in March 2011.

May I ask where he posted what you quoted, or was it en E-Mail in response to something?
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
            I agree with others on his credibility. IMHO, he was probably the most knowledgeable poster on USCHO before he disappeared in March 2011.

May I ask where he posted what you quoted, or was it en E-Mail in response to something?
            Was posted on his website. Puck Swami Know Your Opponent.

BTW - Was just having some fun. What he wrote supports some point I had previously made and it made me think of that.

Comment

Puck was the consumate college hockey fan. He had more experience across the board than anyone else I have read here. He loved the game, and he loved discussing it. He loved his Pios, but he appreciated what all programs had to offer and had actually seen games in just about every venue in the country over a lot of years. When Denver won the first of their recent back-to-backs, nearly everyone wanted to congratulate Swami, he was that much of a class act. I miss his presence here greatly. In my view, he was the gold standard.

Comment

Swami stopped posting in part because he grew tired of the ire directed at him by some when he dared to be critical, either of his team, or of other college hockey teams. I guess it occasionally got pretty ridiculous. I believe he also felt like the discourse on this forum was worth a lot less of his time by 2011 than it was when he was a newbie like the rest of us.

As for his respect level on this forum, I'd agree with everyone else and say it was off the charts. He was never petty, his opinions always seemed to come from places of knowledge, and this board is a lot less interesting with him in the USCHO witness security program.

Comment

JDUBBS starting a thread asking about the credibility of a writer... why did I just know right away it was some writing about the Gophers?

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                    JDUBBS starting a thread asking about the credibility of a writer... why did I just know right away it was some writing about the Gophers?
                    I was just joking around, relax

Comment

Originally posted by IrishHockeyFan View Post
                      Swami stopped posting in part because he grew tired of the ire directed at him by some when he dared to be critical, either of his team, or of other college hockey teams. I guess it occasionally got pretty ridiculous. I believe he also felt like the discourse on this forum was worth a lot less of his time by 2011 than it was when he was a newbie like the rest of us.

As for his respect level on this forum, I'd agree with everyone else and say it was off the charts. He was never petty, his opinions always seemed to come from places of knowledge, and this board is a lot less interesting with him in the USCHO witness security program.
                      It's unfortunate. Before I started posting here I lurked, and always enjoyed reading his thoughts on various subjects.

Comment

I was just joking around, relax
                        Just so we are all clear Swami said the state of Minnesota not the University of Minnesota men's ice hockey team.
                        "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
                        Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
                        The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
                        Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

Originally posted by cross cheque View Post
                          Just so we are all clear Swami said the state of Minnesota not the University of Minnesota men's ice hockey team.
                          He quite clearly refers to the University of Minnesota as the most important program in the country and explains why. Though I don't want to rehash old debates. It's just his opinion, which is similar to mine, so I posted because I always got slammed for saying it.

Comment

Swami valued the game, whether it was played by Canadians, Californians, Minnesotans, or snotgurgles. He was proud of the Pios, but he was modest to a fault and would never have dwelled on their successes.

Comment

He quite clearly refers to the University of Minnesota as the most important program in the country and explains why. Though I don't want to rehash old debates. It's just his opinion, which is similar to mine, so I posted because I always got slammed for saying it.
                              No, you get slammed for acting like a c*cksucker.
                              Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                              when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                              Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

You didn't get slammed for saying it. You got slammed for the way you said it. And the frequency that you repeated it. And the non-stop insults you hurled at anyone who argued otherwise, or at those who tooted the horn of their own programs.

Swami wrote many complimentary items about many teams, and understood that it's not a zero sum game. Saying something nice about one program doesn't have to come at the expense of any or all other programs.
                                That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Working...
                                X