Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Hampshire vs UMass-Lowell Friday 11/30 and Saturday 12/01

Originally posted by C-H-C View Post
    The River Hawks recently crushed UMass Amherst 8-2 - the only team to have beaten UNH so far this season. Expect a better effort from UML than the 3-0 loss to UNH.
    Apparently there was a players only meeting that took place after that UNH game, which at least results wise has helped the last 2 games.

And as much as I'd like to point to that 8-2 win for Lowell, it wasn't against their best goalie, as Micheletto started their third stringer.
    Last edited by UMLFan; 11-28-2012, 11:31 AM.
    Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
    2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
    2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

For all the talk about how bad the PK has been for Lowell, it's really just been 2 games (At Denver, at BC) that skew the stats. Those two teams went a combined 5-for-8 on the PP against Lowell. If you remove those two games, the PK has killed off 26 of 30 opportunities (86.7%), and has killed off 16 out of 18 at home (88.9%).
      Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
      "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by WildShawn View Post
        I'd be a sad grumpy old man if I had that piece of dung program to get me through the unBEARably cold winters up in that hell hole too.

Bitter much?
        You tell him especially about the fantastic program you root for and all those titles......oh wait......nevermind.

Comment

Originally posted by MaineTitanic View Post
          You tell him especially about the fantastic program you root for and all those titles......oh wait......nevermind.
          Lake Superior and Michigan Tech called, they want their history back.
          Your name is appropriate rooting for that sinking ship. Don't stop believin'! With some hard work, you can still be the first team in the conference to get to double digit losses...
          Last edited by WildShawn; 11-28-2012, 02:10 PM.

Comment

UNH grabbed 3/4 points in Colorado
            Originally posted by Hokydad
            Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
              It's an expression... Umile said the exact same on his uscholive interview last night

Comment

It's an expression... Umile said the exact same on his uscholive interview last night
                So you are trying to be like Dick?
                Originally posted by Hokydad
                Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Nice to see, but really doesn't matter. At this point, only the points in the league matter (though it'd be nice if SCSU, Denver and CC win a lot of games the rest of the way )
                  How are ties handled in the PWR, or it is just a matter of wanting CC to end their season as a TUC?

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
                    So you are trying to be like Dick?
                    Exactly, that's why I pre-emptively copied him by using an expression everyone uses talking about hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                      How are ties handled in the PWR, or it is just a matter of wanting CC to end their season as a TUC?
                      Winning percentage, I think, basically goes in as a .500. Is it better to have that tie in there than not? Good question, the math is way over my head, but since it's more than likely CC will remain a TUC, I hope they win a lot, so our strength of schedule stays pretty high up since we'll hurt it by playing a lot of games against weak teams in the second half of the season (minus BC)

Comment

Originally posted by wildshawn View Post
                        winning percentage, i think, basically goes in as a .500. Is it better to have that tie in there than not? Good question, the math is way over my head, but since it's more than likely cc will remain a tuc, i hope they win a lot, so our strength of schedule stays pretty high up since we'll hurt it by playing a lot of games against weak teams in the second half of the season (minus bc)
                        rpi
                        BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                        Skating Friar Jersey
                        AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                        UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                        Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Also record against TUCs and Common Opponents,
                          "Now Progress Takes Away What Forever Took To Find" Dave Matthews Band, The Dreaming Tree

Comment

Will DeSmith get both starts, or does Wyer get a start after his fantastic relief win last weekend?

Comment

Originally posted by JB View Post
                              Also record against TUCs and Common Opponents,
                              Who is this TUC? And will UMass lose to them?
                              Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                              2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                              2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                              2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                              2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                                Who is this TUC? And will UMass lose to them?
                                UML Crushed UMass, UMass beat UNH, I'm scared of this weekend!

Comment

Working...
                                X