Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University vs Boston College 11/30 and 12/1

OK, that was much more fun.

I didn't look at the schedule yesterday and thought the game was a 7:00 pm start. Got there at 6:00, just as the BU contingent was parading into Conte. Gates don't open 'til 6:30, so there we are, standing in the Gate C lobby with 200 fan boys doing their chants. Had a friend with us at his first ever BC game. He was quite impressed with the fan boys, chanting, etc.. I said 'yea, but we'll shut them up soon enough'.
    I love when I'm right.

P.S. the Jerry chant wasn't necessary... u guys can have a little more class than that. In defense of the majority, only a small handful of the students took part in that one.
    'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

It was nice hearing (and seeing) Doc Emrick do the BC-BU games this weekend, but it got a little tiring having everything presented through the prism of the NHL. Every player was described not for what they're doing now, but with respect to which NHL team had their rights and which team drafted whom.

Agree that Saturday's game was light years better for BC than Friday's contest was.

I expect BC will keep its Number One poll spot, but split the votes more evenly with UNH.
      Chris V
      Nexton (Summerville) South Carolina

Comment

• Huh. Weird that I've never noticed.
        Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
        Nope never historically. Happened once in 08 I believe and it was quickly gone.
        Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
        Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
        Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_NH View Post
          It was nice hearing (and seeing) Doc Emrick do the BC-BU games this weekend, but it got a little tiring having everything presented through the prism of the NHL. Every player was described not for what they're doing now, but with respect to which NHL team had their rights and which team drafted whom.
          I'd say that is probably because they think that is what will appeal more to the general hockey (NHL etc) fans, which is a bigger potential block than our weird world of college hockey fans.

Comment

Emrick = talked nonstop about which NHL team held his rights. As opposed with when Norton does the game all he talks about is where they went to high school. NBC needs to get these two together for one of these just for the fun
            Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
              OK, that was much more fun.

I didn't look at the schedule yesterday and thought the game was a 7:00 pm start. Got there at 6:00, just as the BU contingent was parading into Conte. Gates don't open 'til 6:30, so there we are, standing in the Gate C lobby with 200 fan boys doing their chants. Had a friend with us at his first ever BC game. He was quite impressed with the fan boys, chanting, etc.. I said 'yea, but we'll shut them up soon enough'.
              I love when I'm right.

P.S. the Jerry chant wasn't necessary... u guys can have a little more class than that. In defense of the majority, only a small handful of the students took part in that one.

I know when I walked in through that crowd, they were waiting while I just sauntered through being Pikes Member. They were chanting really loud in OUR HOUSE before they became subdued when reality set in towards the 3rd period.

I will see you at Schneider on Friday
              NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
                Emrick = talked nonstop about which NHL team held his rights. As opposed with when Norton does the game all he talks about is where they went to high school. NBC needs to get these two together for one of these just for the fun
                I can't stand Norton, I think he's a BU fan too when he shows his bias. I don't mind Emerick though.
                NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

http://www.thebostonhockeyblog.com/

Go to the Parker video at 2:45

He was doing fine until this point, but just can't resist STILL calling out BC for diving. Unbelievable. Not to mention that if you go back and watch it, the BC player and BU player are lined up right next to each other, BOTH inside the circle.

EDIT: would love to know who asked him the question and the next question about the refs as well

Comment

He did fine after that point as well. He just has this thing with BC and diving even when his team is constantly being called it for it now. Just let it go, Jack. Let it go.

Comment

Second game wasn't as fun to watch as the first for obvious reasons but not too surprised. I didn't see BU sweeping the weekend but was hoping for at least a tie this game. O wells. Turning point of the game was Rodrigues not capitalizing on the breakaway to make it 2-2. From there, BC took advantage of their special teams opportunities and put the game away - exactly what youd expect from the #1 team in the country. Congrats to York and maybe see you guys again in Feb?

Hope BU can bounce back against UNH. A season sweep would be an extremely disappointing way to close the first half.

Comment

Originally posted by Bumbles View Post
                        Second game wasn't as fun to watch as the first for obvious reasons but not too surprised. I didn't see BU sweeping the weekend but was hoping for at least a tie this game. O wells. Turning point of the game was Rodrigues not capitalizing on the breakaway to make it 2-2. From there, BC took advantage of their special teams opportunities and put the game away - exactly what youd expect from the #1 team in the country. Congrats to York and maybe see you guys again in Feb?

Hope BU can bounce back against UNH. A season sweep would be an extremely disappointing way to close the first half.
                        As disappointing as a sweep by the Umiles would be, the first half concludes with a game versus Maine on Saturday evening.
                        if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Game at BU:

*****http://i.imgur.com/fRkdP.jpg******

Teddy Bear Massacre 2012:

*****http://i.imgur.com/OkeRr.jpg******

Hang on little guy!

*****http://i.imgur.com/0kDnY.jpg******

Wish I had a picture of the Asian family that was walking out with one of the bears - I think they missed the point.

Next night in Conte:

*****http://i.imgur.com/lT0UH.jpg******

Good crowd:

*****http://i.imgur.com/eRd9F.jpg******

Jerry!

*****http://i.imgur.com/fhSxv.jpg******

Comment

Epic fail on BC's part...Rick Connelly? And they continue to trot out the pre game video saying BC has been in 11 FF's.

Comment

Originally posted by AdamBC View Post
                              Good Crowd:
                              Too bad 50% of said good crowd left and didn't see Jerry tie the record.
                              ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                                Too bad 50% of said good crowd left and didn't see Jerry tie the record.
                                Ooooh oooh oooh. Our fans are better!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FWIW, I don't blame them. 7:30 game with tv timeouts. Anyone with kids that isn't hardcore and doesn't live 5 mins from the arena is going to go home early in a blowout and get their kids in bed before 11 pm. You'll understand it better when you have kids (provided you actually find someone that will get in the sack with you... hang in there).
                                Originally posted by reBlur
                                the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Working...
                                X