Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maine 2012 - Take 2. If This Ain't the Bottom...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine 2012 - Take 2. If This Ain't the Bottom...

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
    Ya know, I watch and re-watch the games and try to divine why Timmy hasn't figured-out some way to direct this team to mediocrity. They can skate pretty well and they seem to be less hopeless in terms of overall ability than his disastrous-in-general Sill/Czuba/Marrone squad way back when... Maine is a punchless team, yes, but has enough talent to flirt with .500, if you ask me.

Priceless is right in saying that cyclic down-years are the norm these days, but the better programs don't fall as far in off-years as Maine has recently. This season might turn out to be as bad as any has ever been.
    Go have a gander at the 'Fire Mike Eaves?' thread if you think Maine is the only good program having a tough time. I think Timmy should go after this season but if/when a new coach comes in some of you need to establish realistic expectations of what success is. I'm sure every year there are 20-25 programs who think they should be in the frozen four and only four make it.
    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

How this team can put in a performance like they did against BC, where you start to think they've got their heads around it, and have finally figured out what they need to do to be successful,m and then look so dismal and inept against a not very good Vermont team just boggles the mind. And then TIMMAY comes on at the end of the game and says how he thinks it was their best defensive effort of the season, limiting Vermont to 20 shots, and yet all those defensive turnovers right to Vermont sticks, or countless opportunities right in the slot that Vermont kept flubbing, the 2 on 1's, etc., that he just doesn't seem to see.

And then thanking the fans for being patient, and asking them to be patient for longer, for the disgusting product he puts out there on the ice night after night. It's obvious TIMMAY has no clue or solutions on how to get this team to play better, it's obvious that the things he's "teaching" them either aren't working, or are just useless to begin with, it's soooo obvious that this program needs a breath of fresh air and he needs to go. He's just ineffective as a coach, and someone else needs to come in just to have a new face to the program.

Maybe they won't get any better. But it needs to be tried, because what they are doing isn't working. Any one can see that. I think it'll be a major improvement just getting his sad-sack mug out from behind that bench. How can the players be inspired to make an effort when they see that hang-dog, awww-shucks, we lost another one demeanor in the locker room?
      Last edited by rufus; 12-02-2012, 11:17 AM.
      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
        Go have a gander at the 'Fire Mike Eaves?' thread if you think Maine is the only good program having a tough time. I think Timmy should go after this season but if/when a new coach comes in some of you need to establish realistic expectations of what success is. I'm sure every year there are 20-25 programs who think they should be in the frozen four and only four make it.
        Absoluetly nobody expected this team to make the Frozen Four this year, there were no unrealistic expectations. What was expected was for the team to get better, that hasn't happened. Other than Marty who has been a bright spot for this team, I'd go with Hutton. After that?? Steve Swavely?
        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by all bear View Post
          I just cannot stand this program right now. It makes me sick. Makes me sick to see that loser Whitehead trying to make the fans feel better in a post 'game' interview. We should be patient he says. Patient my azz. We have been patient long enough with his ineptitude. Just go Timmay, just leave now so someone else can begin the long process of picking up the pieces of this once proud program.
          You just don't get it!
          3.0 GPA'S and 1 million profit... All is good in Black Bear land.
          'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
            Absoluetly nobody expected this team to make the Frozen Four this year, there were no unrealistic expectations. What was expected was for the team to get better, that hasn't happened. Other than Marty who has been a bright spot for this team, I'd go with Hutton. After that?? Steve Swavely?
            I would say Shore, Leen, Rutt, and Higgins have all been bright spots. Riley has been decent as well and I think Williams could develop into a serviceable player who isn't taking up a lot of scholarship money. If you didn't expect Maine to have a good year, why are you upset? Maine is 1-1-2 in the last four games, thats a hell of an improvement on 1-9 in the first 10 games.

Comment

I would say Shore, Leen, Rutt, and Higgins have all been bright spots. Riley has been decent as well and I think Williams could develop into a serviceable player who isn't taking up a lot of scholarship money. If you didn't expect Maine to have a good year, why are you upset? Maine is 1-1-2 in the last four games, thats a hell of an improvement on 1-9 in the first 10 games.
              Higgins and Leen are ROLE PLAYERS! Woopdie friggin doo. Let's get excited because some kid Timmy brought in has scored 1 goal and 2 assists in 14 games played!!!! The other sophomore forward you mentioned has been lighting the world on fire at 3 and 2 in 13 GP. Shore, a early round NHL draft pick, has a point every two games. Wow. I actually love the line of Shore-Merchant-Lomberg when it is together. The coach has not brought in enough talent like those three and when he does he can't develop it. I'll ask a question I've asked before, besides Flynn, who has overachieved since Penner? That's what I thought.

Comment

This team is now averaging less than 1.5 goals per game! Yay Timmay!

Comment

In wins over Army and Lowell, Maine is averaging 4 goals per game. In the other 12 games in which they are 0-10-2, Maine is averaging 1 goal per game. Way to stay competitive Timmay!!!

Comment

Another congrats to Timmy and then I'm done, worst scoring offense, worst scoring defense, least disciplined team in the conference, worst power play in the conference, but good thing they have the fourth best pk in the league...

Comment

A real telling stat, in one fewer game than Maine, BC has 8 players with more points than Maine's leading scorer. Maine will likely go into the winter break with it's leading scorer having 7 points and leading goal scorer with 3 goals. That is frightening...

Comment

They are 1-1-2 in the last 4 games against teams that are 9-17-5 in HE. The team is a complete disater they are 2-10-2 and still don't have a win at home which will carry into January at least plus the top scorer on the team is averaging .50 points per game. I think you're really grasping at straws if that's your silver lining and it shows how bad it is if that's what is being mentioned as a positive. My silver lining is that this joke of a season is almost half over and with any luck Whitehead gets canned when it's over so I can start going to games again.
                        Last edited by Hockeypuck; 12-02-2012, 10:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
                          A real telling stat, in one fewer game than Maine, BC has 8 players with more points than Maine's leading scorer. Maine will likely go into the winter break with it's leading scorer having 7 points and leading goal scorer with 3 goals. That is frightening...
                          Why is it frightening? We're becoming accustomed to poor efforts, poor skating, bad decisions on the ice, mediocre goaltending and chitty coaching. And Whitehead would have us to be more patient. You see the problem is, there is a large contingent of Maine fans who still can remember the way hockey is supposed to be played, and we aint seeing anything close to it now.

The storys told when you look at the lower bowl of that rink and see it half empty before the game is even decided yet. That is incomprehensible to me. *** has he done to Maine hockey? You coudnt pay me to go see them play right now, the on ice product is that bad.
                          Last edited by all bear; 12-02-2012, 10:31 AM.
                          sure why not

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeypuck View Post
                            They are 1-1-2 in the last 4 games against teams that are 9-17-5 in HE. The team is a complete disater they are 2-10-2 and still don't have a win at home which will carry into January at least plus the top scorer on the team is averaging .50 points per game. I think you're really grasping at straws if that's your silver lining and it shows how bad it is if that's what is being mentioned as a positive. My silver lining is that this joke of a season is almost half over and with any luck Whitehead gets canned when it's over so I can start going to games again.
                            At least you're not a Maine and red sox fan

Agree on this year being a disaster. When the story came out in September about half the team already being injured you knew it wasn't going to be a good year. I think the younger guys getting so much ice time will pay off down the road though. I feel good about a few of the guys coming in next year and other than diamond am not too concerned about who is graduating. I would like to see Timmy leave so everyone really gets behind the team again.

Comment

Because I didn't expect them to be awful and be 0 fer at home. Stop making excuses, they are underchieving, simple as that. As far as Leen and Higgins go, they fly around, simply 4th liners, Shore looks good at times lost at others. I think he'll be good but hasn't stood out yet

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeypuck View Post
                                . My silver lining is that this joke of a season is almost half over and with any luck Whitehead gets canned when it's over so I can start going to games again.
                                I haven't been since St Lawrence, can't get up to watch them glide around live and in person. I haven't missed this many games at Alfond in 10 years

Comment

Working...
                                X