Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maine 2012 - Take 2. If This Ain't the Bottom...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Maine 2012 - Take 2. If This Ain't the Bottom...

HORRIBLE call...AND they had to go to video to make it! Diamond never touched the goalie--the only contact came when the goalie pushed out on Diamond with his catching glove. Total crap--thanks, ref. You are BAD at your job.

Comment

You don't see Joey skates in the goalies skates?
      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
        You don't see Joey skates in the goalies skates?
        No.....I don't know its not that close up I guess I was looking more for a bump or some entanglement that prevented him from sliding to the right and didn't see much.

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
        43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
        104-47-14 (.669) in that time
        3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Seems appropriate that a game between 2 pathetic teams ends pathetically.

Both Maine and Vermont fans deserve better than this.......both of these pathetic coaches should be fired.

Comment

As a guy with no dog in the fight I thought the call was correct (there was skate contact at a minimum, Hoffman could not move right unobstructed)....very surprised that the refs actually overturned the goal. Kind of crazy that there were probably 3-4 penalties that didn't get called in the 20 seconds before the goal was disallowed. I guess replay doesn't allow for those to be picked up on.
            Please join me in the fight to reduce the world's supply of Bacardi.

Comment

Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
              That's a ridiculous call that's a good goal
              I thought it looked like a good goal too....

Comment

Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
                That's a ridiculous call that's a good goal
                that sort of thing would really suck in a hockey east final at the garden... like what happened to Lowell..

the (mike Hamilton's toe) rule is that the player in the crease must impede the goalie's ability to make a save... not just be in the paint
                the call on the ice was goal
                so the replay had to show that diamond absolutely impeded the goalie's ability to make a save... right?

Comment

I guess we haven't reached rock bottom yet..way to argue at the end timmay..not
                  Curse of the Timmy

Comment

How long will this clown show continue? Seriously......anyone have any guesses? This is starting to remind me of the Red Sox......circa 20th Century.

Comment

And for the love of Jeezus........will the remaining season ticket holders PLEASE stop empowering this crap next year if Whitehead returns!!!!

DO NOT BUY SEASON TICKETS IN 2013-2014 IF TIM WHITEHEAD RETURNS..........YOU ARE JUST REWARDING FAILURE!

Comment

Originally posted by sandiegoblkbr View Post
                        Seems appropriate that a game between 2 pathetic teams ends pathetically.

Both Maine and Vermont fans deserve better than this.......both of these pathetic coaches should be fired.
                        Amen!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gusforhobey View Post
                          I guess we haven't reached rock bottom yet..way to argue at the end timmay..not

You didn't really think Timmay would argue did you? He bobs his head up and down at the officials in agreement.
                          When you say Tim Whitehead, You haven't said much!!!

Comment

Originally posted by blackbearbandie View Post
                            I thought it looked like a good goal too....
                            Joey was not in the paint and did not interfere with the goalie. Play was overturned simply because of the reputation of the player involved. Ref definitely made that call to quickly after reviewing. Maine got screwed and Vermont got lucky. At that time Timmy should have been in refs face and sticking up for his players. I think I have to blame the coach for this loss. Is it that he doesn't know how to coach this group? The power play sucks and he refuses to make adjustments and sway from his so called Game Plan. Imo, power play should be 94,29,39 up front with 29 as the set up man. And thats only if 39 stops taking offensive zone penalties.

Comment

Originally posted by GoBlackBears View Post
                              You didn't really think Timmay would argue did you? He bobs his head up and down at the officials in agreement.
                              I think that he's just mocking Maine fans at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by Chairman of the Boards View Post
                                Joey was not in the paint and did not interfere with the goalie. Play was overturned simply because of the reputation of the player involved. Ref definitely made that call to quickly after reviewing. Maine got screwed and Vermont got lucky. At that time Timmy should have been in refs face and sticking up for his players. I think I have to blame the coach for this loss. Is it that he doesn't know how to coach this group? The power play sucks and he refuses to make adjustments and sway from his so called Game Plan. Imo, power play should be 94,29,39 up front with 29 as the set up man. And thats only if 39 stops taking offensive zone penalties.
                                if you are correct,then we should not expect to see that ref for a few months.
                                Bertagna will dock the guy some games for giving a win to UVM because of the reputation of a player... when the ref needs to see clear evidence of the prevention of a goaltender from making a save in the video replay in order to overturn the goal.

what a silly ref.

Comment

Working...
                                X