Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maine 2012 - Take 2. If This Ain't the Bottom...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine 2012 - Take 2. If This Ain't the Bottom...

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
    O'Conner didn't play vs Mercyhurst in Portland,he did play last night.
    My bad. Walrus already noted that 16 was on the ice for the first 3 Mhurst goals last night.

Comment

“We just went out there as a group of 20 guys battling for each other. We didn’t worry about trying to please the fans,” explained Leen. “Here, the crowd gets into our heads. Maybe we grip our sticks a little tighter. It has been tough for us. We’ve played a lot better on the road.”

These are the type of players at Maine now they don't like the fans? That's a new one he won't have to worry long because all the fans will be gone soon enough what a joke Leen is.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hockeypuck View Post
        “We just went out there as a group of 20 guys battling for each other. We didn’t worry about trying to please the fans,” explained Leen. “Here, the crowd gets into our heads. Maybe we grip our sticks a little tighter. It has been tough for us. We’ve played a lot better on the road.”

These are the type of players at Maine now they don't like the fans? That's a new one he won't have to worry long because all the fans will be gone soon enough what a joke Leen is.
        Maybe it's hard to get fired up when only 40% of the arena is full? The whole thing is embarrassing, I watched a little bit last night and there couldn't have been 2K people there.
        Originally posted by BobbyBrady
        Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
          Maybe it's hard to get fired up when only 40% of the arena is full? The whole thing is embarrassing, I watched a little bit last night and there couldn't have been 2K people there.
          He didn't mention the arena being empty he mentioned the crowd getting into their heads and not trying to please the fans. Leen should be more concerned that he only has 11 career points and is -10 this year by far the worst forward in that category what a waste of a scholarship.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeypuck View Post
            I don't think fans being overly critical of the players themselves is going to accomplish much at this point. If they are anxiety ridden about playing at home then there certainly are some bigger issues that need to be addressed, and by nine home games into the season without a win they should have been addressed by now from the appropriate coaching staff. I have always disliked Jack Parker ever since the 90's, and perhaps his personality and coaching style are over the top, but I do think that Jack Parker does a good job of publicly addressing his own team's deficiencies on the ice (to a fault sometimes) and when he does he gets results and whatever anxiety players may develop seems only to push them forward and not hold them back. I am sick of the excuses coming from the coaching staff regarding injuries and youthful inexperience or the inability to play well while the home fans are cheering them on. There is a lack of accountability from the top down, and if the memories of several frozen four appearances and former dominance on home ice have not been enough to right the ship by now, 9 games into the season without a win at home, then the prospect of setting things right with the current staff intact are growing dimmer and dimmer and quotes like the one above show that the issues of the program are systemic.

Comment

Originally posted by blackbearbandie View Post
              I don't think fans being overly critical of the players themselves is going to accomplish much at this point. .
              Not going to accomplish anything other than the fans venting. That's all it is. The staff is the real issue here and we all know it.
              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                Not going to accomplish anything other than the fans venting. That's all it is. The staff is the real issue here and we all know it.
                Yes, but there is one coach that could turn it around and we all know who it is...

Comment

Originally posted by bkbrkrbr View Post
                  Yes, but there is one coach that could turn it around and we all know who it is...
                  That remains to be seen, I still want a Nat'l search and not just hand it to anyone(been there done that)
                  I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                    You and all bear both mention watching last night's game. What station is it on? We don't get it here in York County, at least not on TWC.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleA View Post
                      You and all bear both mention watching last night's game. What station is it on? We don't get it here in York County, at least not on TWC.
                      Internet.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                        That remains to be seen, I still want a Nat'l search and not just hand it to anyone(been there done that)
                        I'm not saying hand over a ten year contract, I'm saying bench Whitehead and give the team to Corkhum for the remainder of the season.
                        I bet things would improve...you have a guy that knows what it takes and is willing to do it, relentlessly.
                        And FYI, it's time to talk to the President now, not the AD. We're getting nowhere with him, that's obvious.

Comment

Scotty Bowman?

Comment

I'm not saying hand over a ten year contract, I'm saying bench Whitehead and give the team to Corkhum for the remainder of the season.
                            I bet things would improve...you have a guy that knows what it takes and is willing to do it, relentlessly.
                            And FYI, it's time to talk to the President now, not the AD. We're getting nowhere with him, that's obvious.
                            When you write to the President Ferguson, it might help to spell Bob's name correctly.

Office of the President
                            5703 Alumni Hall, Suite 200
                            Orono, ME 04469
                            Phone: (207) 581-1512 | Fax: (207) 581-1517
                            E-mail: president@umaine.edu

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                              When you write to the President Ferguson, it might help to spell Bob's name correctly.

Office of the President
                              5703 Alumni Hall, Suite 200
                              Orono, ME 04469
                              Phone: (207) 581-1512 | Fax: (207) 581-1517
                              E-mail: president@umaine.edu
                              Priceless, nice to hear from you. No post or screed about last night's game?

Do you agree with bkbrkrbr that this situation with The Undertaker has to be elevated to President Ferguson because A.D. Abbott just doesn't respond? Could be... Who does Abbott report to?

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleA View Post
                                Priceless, nice to hear from you. No post or screed about last night's game?

Do you agree with bkbrkrbr that this situation with The Undertaker has to be elevated to President Ferguson because A.D. Abbott just doesn't respond? Could be... Who does Abbott report to?
                                I've spent the day talking to friends in the media and learned some interesting things about last night's game, but I'm not going to share them in this forum. Feel free to speculate.

Have no idea about the Undertaker as I haven't followed the WWE since grade school. I've said right along that people should contact Abbott or President Ferguson. I haven't contacted Ferguson myself, but his contact info is right there. Go for it. However, even that might not do you any good. You might be better off contacting Ted Alfond and asking about his support of Whitehead if everything I've heard is true. As long as that family is backing TW there isn't going to be a change behind the bench.

Comment

Working...
                                X