Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maine 2012 - Take 2. If This Ain't the Bottom...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Maine 2012 - Take 2. If This Ain't the Bottom...

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
    all bear hit the nail on the head. Maine's Garden appearance last year was similar to the occasional appearance of a PC, UMass, Merrimack or Lowell... a participant, not a contender. Maine isn't even close to being among the elite of Hockey East, never mind being all but forgotten nationally. It's sad to see.
    Who other than BC has been a contender at the Garden lately? Certainly not BU or UNH...

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
      Attendance so far this year is also up at Alfond Arena.
      Red herring. Product of schedule.

2011-12:
      Merrimack 4173
      Northeastern 3798
      Providence 4422
      Providence 4183
      Lowell 4749
      Lowell 4642
      Average:4327.83

2012-13:
      Quinnipiac 4338
      St. Lawrence 4636
      St. Lawrence 4689
      Boston College 4733
      New Hampshire 4659
      UMass 4231
      Average Minus BC/UNH: 4473.5

Seems insignificant to me, especially if you subtract that Sunday Northeastern game from last year that coincided with a 4:00 Jets-Patriots game.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
        all bear hit the nail on the head. Maine's Garden appearance last year was similar to the occasional appearance of a PC, UMass, Merrimack or Lowell... a participant, not a contender. Maine isn't even close to being among the elite of Hockey East, never mind being all but forgotten nationally. It's sad to see.
        Kind of like BC's appearances in the early 90's. Oh wait, there weren't any. From 1991-1996 BC went 0-1 in the Garden, missing the last four four times and the tournament altogether in 1995. From 1998-2002 mighty BU went 0-2 at the Garden and missed the last four three times. I think UHN would rather just avoid this topic entirely. But no, these things never work in cycles or anything.

Originally posted by AMC View Post
        Red herring. Product of schedule.

2011-12:
        Merrimack 4173
        Northeastern 3798
        Providence 4422
        Providence 4183
        Lowell 4749
        Lowell 4642
        Average:4327.83

2012-13:
        Quinnipiac 4338
        St. Lawrence 4636
        St. Lawrence 4689
        Boston College 4733
        New Hampshire 4659
        UMass 4231
        Average Minus BC/UNH: 4473.5

Seems insignificant to me, especially if you subtract that Sunday Northeastern game from last year that coincided with a 4:00 Jets-Patriots game.
        No, we can't subtract anything. Attendance is sacred. Besides, I seem to recall a Maine game this year was played on a Sunday that coincided with a 4:00 Pats game against Peyton Manning.
        Last edited by Priceless; 11-30-2012, 10:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
          It used to be they made money on the Program and the ON ICE Product was the factor along with winning and playing for a chance at the NC...funny now its ok to JUST make the money and who cares about the ON ICE Product...well alot of people(fans/etc.)still do care...but the old saying ONLY in Maine do you come away with this Logic. 2 wrongs don't make a Right: Whitehead and losing Hockey.
          It's called the Harry Sinden syndrome.

Comment

Originally posted by fiqure8 View Post
            and the highest paid coach .......$195 K ? sic ? Is this like Jerry York's salary? ..............what is UMaine's spend for the recruiting budget. Is it comparable to other schools?
            I would believe that York makes a lot more than that. This is comparable to Sneddon at Vermont.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
              No, we can't subtract anything. Attendance is sacred. Besides, I seem to recall a Maine game this year was played on a Sunday that coincided with a 4:00 Pats game against Peyton Manning.
              Against UNH. If Maine can't crack 4k for UNH, we might as well shutter the program.

Comment

Originally posted by AMC View Post
                Against UNH. If Maine can't crack 4k for UNH, we might as well shutter the program.
                Last year when a certain someone pointed out that the Northeastern game was on a Sunday vs the Pats-Jets (and during fall break, when Maine rarely plays at home) that person was told to stop making excuses for a flailing program. You can't point to it as an outlier now.

Comment

I think the fact that the game is on TV will have a negative affect on attendance. Plus the game is at 8..stupid. Game will end at 11. Final score 0-0
                  Curse of the Timmy

Comment

Originally posted by Gusforhobey View Post
                    I think the fact that the game is on TV will have a negative affect on attendance. Plus the game is at 8..stupid. Game will end at 11. Final score 0-0
                    Final score cannot be 0-0. Why? Because neither of these teams can "score", so how can the game have a score? How about we just call it nil, kind of like where both programs have been heading for a while.
                    sure why not

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
                      Don't confuse the detractors of the Maine hockey program with factual information, their mind is made up.

Attendance so far this year is also up at Alfond Arena. On a side note, Ryan Lomberg is out tonight (violation of team rules).

Did he burn his hand on a stove cooking eggs?? This game will be a 6-5 game.

Comment

Hopefully they play at least decent enough to win though I hope they play better than "Decent".
                        IT'S ALL ABOUT THE NAVY AND BLUE! UMAINE BLACK BEARS

National Champions 93' 99'

Comment

Last year when a certain someone pointed out that the Northeastern game was on a Sunday vs the Pats-Jets (and during fall break, when Maine rarely plays at home) that person was told to stop making excuses for a flailing program. You can't point to it as an outlier now.
                          Seeing as I wasn't the one who told you that, I can do whatever the hell I want.

Comment

Kind of like BC's appearances in the early 90's. Oh wait, there weren't any. From 1991-1996 BC went 0-1 in the Garden, missing the last four four times and the tournament altogether in 1995. .
                            So what did BC do to rectify that situation?
                            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                              So what did BC do to rectify that situation?
                              Nothing, they floundered for years and years, heck they still suck
                              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

That's a ridiculous call that's a good goal

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                                43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                                104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                                3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Working...
                                X