Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maine 2012 - Take 2. If This Ain't the Bottom...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Maine 2012 - Take 2. If This Ain't the Bottom...

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
    Creative accounting.

Maine should try it. Seems to me the million in excess could buy out an old and hire a new coach.

Personally, I could care less who coaches Maine. I just want to someday in the near future see the Maine Black Bears back on top of their game and in the spotlight. A good Maine team makes for better competition, a better conference and overall a lot more excitement in college hockey locally and nationally. There is no college fan base in the USA that travels better or is more exuberant and loyal to their team than Maine fans. I miss you guys at the Garden and at the NCAA's. Nothing better than when the Maine Black Bears and their fans are in attendance.
    You deserve a bow young fella.
    sure why not

Comment

Originally posted by all bear View Post
      You deserve a bow young fella.
      29 is young?
      'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Creative accounting.

Maine should try it. Seems to me the million in excess could buy out an old and hire a new coach.

Personally, I could care less who coaches Maine. I just want to someday in the near future see the Maine Black Bears back on top of their game and in the spotlight. A good Maine team makes for better competition, a better conference and overall a lot more excitement in college hockey locally and nationally. There is no college fan base in the USA that travels better or is more exuberant and loyal to their team than Maine fans. I miss you guys at the Garden and at the NCAA's. Nothing better than when the Maine Black Bears and their fans are in attendance.
        I would be very angry with your boss if I were you. Making you work during last year's Hockey East tournament is terrible. Ask for the days off in advance this year.

29 is young?
        Depends on who you're talking to

Comment

29 is young?
          Being a BC fan, you dont even lie well.
          sure why not

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
            I would be very angry with your boss if I were you. Making you work during last year's Hockey East tournament is terrible. Ask for the days off in advance this year.
            Its amazing, isnt it, how under Whitehead we can occasionally "be there" and not even be noticed or be acknowledged as a participant. It's even less than UHN like. Sad but true what Timmay has done to this program's prestige and competitiveness.
            sure why not

Comment

Its amazing, isnt it, how under Whitehead we can occasionally "be there" and not even be noticed or be acknowledged as a participant. It's even less than UHN like. Sad but true what Timmay has done to this program's prestige and competitiveness.
              That was the biggest reach since the New Orleans Saints took a punter in the first round.

Comment

Do these figures factor in: Deep Pocket Donors for the Mens Hockey Program,FOMH Mens Donations,Black Bear Club Donations to the Mens Hockey Program only and the Cash Cow over the Years Bear Necessities...I would bet that in the last 5 years that these 4 groups have had a steady decline in Ca$h Flow...plus you can't tell me that Attendence hasn't gone down in the last 4 years along with Season Ticket Renewals...I guess a sharp pencil can tell you anything. Bottom line with Whitehead still on board,this Hockey Program will be no better...while a change can only be for the better in a Confidence factor....maybe not..??? But there's no hope with TW steering this ship today/tommorrow or 2013-14 season.

Comment

That was the biggest reach since the New Orleans Saints took a punter in the first round.
                  Its a reach Maine's competitiveness and prestige has declined steadily under Whitehead....yeah right, hahahaha as we sit in the cellar. LOL TF
                  sure why not

Comment

Its a reach Maine's competitiveness and prestige has declined steadily under Whitehead....yeah right, hahahaha as we sit in the cellar. LOL TF
                    and the highest paid coach .......$195 K ? sic ? Is this like Jerry York's salary? ..............what is UMaine's spend for the recruiting budget. Is it comparable to other schools?

Comment

all bear hit the nail on the head. Maine's Garden appearance last year was similar to the occasional appearance of a PC, UMass, Merrimack or Lowell... a participant, not a contender. Maine isn't even close to being among the elite of Hockey East, never mind being all but forgotten nationally. It's sad to see.
                      'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

It used to be they made money on the Program and the ON ICE Product was the factor along with winning and playing for a chance at the NC...funny now its ok to JUST make the money and who cares about the ON ICE Product...well alot of people(fans/etc.)still do care...but the old saying ONLY in Maine do you come away with this Logic. 2 wrongs don't make a Right: Whitehead and losing Hockey.

Comment

all bear hit the nail on the head. Maine's Garden appearance last year was similar to the occasional appearance of a PC, UMass, Merrimack or Lowell... a participant, not a contender. Maine isn't even close to being among the elite of Hockey East, never mind being all but forgotten nationally. It's sad to see.
                          You are right: Sad to see....no need of it either....common sense....and thats not in play now a days at the U.

Comment

Hasn't Maine been in the final two of the last three years?
                            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                              Hasn't Maine been in the final two of the last three years?
                              Don't confuse the detractors of the Maine hockey program with factual information, their mind is made up.

Attendance so far this year is also up at Alfond Arena. On a side note, Ryan Lomberg is out tonight (violation of team rules).

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
                                Don't confuse the detractors of the Maine hockey program with factual information, their mind is made up.

Attendance so far this year is also up at Alfond Arena. On a side note, Ryan Lomberg is out tonight (violation of team rules).
                                I guess as long as we can continue to ignore the FACT that we are the worst team in HE, all is good with Maine Hockey. Whats sobering is to see a BC fan with no axe to grind with Maine's program tell us from an unbiased point of view what most of us already knew. Shockah
                                sure why not

Comment

Working...
                                X