Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maine 2012 - Take 2. If This Ain't the Bottom...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine 2012 - Take 2. If This Ain't the Bottom...

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
    3.5 hours after the accident the police said Wey still noticeably smelled of booze. Me thinks he may have been drunk.
    If I were a BU guy the last thing I'd be doing is badmouthing another team for the bad behavior of it's players - I really don't think you want to go there...

Comment

• Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
      If I were a BU guy the last thing I'd be doing is badmouthing another team for the bad behavior of it's players - I really don't think you want to go there...
      I'm not "badmouthing" anyone, I expect college students to drink underage, but I found it interesting you claimed no one was drunk.

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
        I'm not "badmouthing" anyone, I expect college students to drink underage, but I found it interesting you claimed no one was drunk.
        Was anyone charged with, or even accused of being "drunk"? When all was said and done, the only guy that was in trouble was the T driver. Worst case situation was some kids were drinking, nothing malicious like most of the Maine incidents.
        Last edited by carltonbarrett; 12-18-2012, 10:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
          Was anyone charged with, or even accused of being "drunk"? When all was said and done, the only guy that was in trouble was the T driver. Worst case situation was some kids were drinking, nothing malicious like most of the Maine incidents.
          Please identify the offenders you claim were "malicious" in your Maine list please. Then, add up that number and divide it by the total number you posted. If the result is less than .50, please admit you just told a bald faced lie and never post on this site again.

Comment

All kidding aside, it's pretty crazy how many Maine players/recruits get into trouble these days. A lot of it seems to be alcohol related, with a few assaults, thefts, etc thrown in for good measure. This stuff obviously happens at every school, but Maine appears to be recruiting a lot of these types. Is TIMMAH so desperate that he's rolling the dice and trying his luck with borderline, yet talented individuals? Again, not trying to flame here at all, but just curious what Mainers think about this situation.
            But they're not even talented!!! If TIMMAY is gonna recruit LOSERS........can he at least make sure that they WIN?!?!?

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
              No one is covering anything up.

One infraction in particular was the straw that broke the camel's back.
              Too bad... He was the lone Freshman on last year's team who I considered as having the actual potential to excel at some point.

Comment

After the season ENDs,which could be right after the last regular season game @ UNH...it's time to CLEAN House,time to Rebuild...first order of Business is inform TW he will not be retained,he'll be paid to leave and the Coaching Search should start from there and hopefully have something in place by the 1st part of May. It's time...no matter how anyone looks/sees it...this ia a Failed Program to date and needs to Change/Rebuild mode starting form March on...

Comment

Originally posted by AMC View Post
                  I don't think the Globe has a reporter sifting through misdemeanors looking through notable names.
                  And you'd be wrong. Ever hear of Bob Hohler?

As far as the stuff going on at Maine... I don't really see any terrible things going on. Seems to be all minor things. At least these kids aren't raping girls all over campus like some other programs we know.
                  Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                  The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

If someone is dismissed from the team, it doesn't take a private investigator to break the story and sorry, Maine has had A LOT more players dismissed recently than BC; not even close. Not sure why you are trying to minimize what is clearly a re-occuring issue...
                    New mascot:
                    The Boston College Altar Boys
                    Buffoon Detector

Comment

Originally posted by Redhead View Post
                      New mascot:
                      Go easy on carlton. He's one of the few pet bc fan boys we have left.

I'm not sure why he's so infatuated with Maine Hockey, but he's worth a chuckle now and then.
                      sure why not

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                        After the season ENDs,which could be right after the last regular season game @ UNH...it's time to CLEAN House,time to Rebuild...first order of Business is inform TW he will not be retained,he'll be paid to leave and the Coaching Search should start from there and hopefully have something in place by the 1st part of May. It's time...no matter how anyone looks/sees it...this ia a Failed Program to date and needs to Change/Rebuild mode starting form March on...
                        Do you think the lame duck in the AD's office will dismiss him? Will Abbott get an extension? Or will he leave it for his successor, whoever that may be?

Originally posted by Redhead View Post
                        New mascot:
                        I hope not. You know what priests do with their altar boys...

Edit: Nick, I meant pray...of course...only a dirty mind like yours would think it was a reference to molestation!
                        Last edited by Priceless; 12-19-2012, 10:36 AM.

Comment

Edit: Nick, I meant pray...of course...only a dirty mind like yours would think it was a reference to molestation!
                          Well, that answers a lot of questions now doesn't it. Do you get paid to be a moderator on this forum or is this pro bono work?
                          Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                          The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Pro Bono? Get outta here
                            sure why not

Comment

Do you think the lame duck in the AD's office will dismiss him? Will Abbott get an extension? Or will he leave it for his successor, whoever that may be?

I hope not. You know what priests do with their altar boys...

To the above Q's: 1. No 2. No. 3. Yes,most likey(imo).

Comment

well then, larry finally showing some stones...

http://bangordailynews.com/2012/12/2...hockey-season/

Comment

Working...
                                X