Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maine 2012 - Take 2. If This Ain't the Bottom...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine 2012 - Take 2. If This Ain't the Bottom...

And Carlton has some bizarre obsession with all things Maine hockey. Fanboy.
    bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
    SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
    All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
    A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

Paul Falco
      Mike Hamilton
      Wes Clarke
      Tanner House
      Dave Wilson
      Joey Diamond
      Scott Darling
      Nick Payson
      Zach Sill
      Tyler Czuba
      John Parker
      Sam Wolfe

Did I miss anyone??

Comment

Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
        Paul Falco
        Mike Hamilton
        Wes Clarke
        Tanner House
        Dave Wilson
        Joey Diamond
        Scott Darling
        Nick Payson
        Zach Sill
        Tyler Czuba
        John Parker
        Sam Wolfe

Did I miss anyone??
        Please. I seem to recall a recent incident where a few alcohol soaked kids from the Heights came **** close to taking out themselves and green line car. Get out of your momma's basement, Carlton.

Comment

Captain, I don't have anything to say about what you quoted, but in regard to the incident you're referring to:

1. They had a sober driver
          2. It came out after the investigation that the T was at fault (shocker)

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
            Captain, I don't have anything to say about what you quoted, but in regard to the incident you're referring to:

1. They had a sober driver
            2. It came out after the investigation that the T was at fault (shocker)
            And some of the guys on carlton's list were absolved, or had nothing more than a "minor consuming liquor" that wouldn't have been noticed if Bangor wasn't small enough that the local paper goes through the civil violation sheet with a fine toothed comb. I don't think the Globe has a reporter sifting through misdemeanors looking through notable names.

Comment

Nobody in the car was drunk and the T driver was the only one that ended up getting cited - for speeding. Furthermore, most of your guys I mentioned were actually kicked off the team for serious stuff, very big difference. I am not blind to the fact that every school has some bad eggs, BC included, but even the biggest homer in the state of Maine has to see that there seems to be a pattern here. Heck, even some of the Maine posters on this thread brought it up, are they full of crap too?

Comment

Originally posted by AMC View Post
                And some of the guys on carlton's list were absolved, or had nothing more than a "minor consuming liquor" that wouldn't have been noticed if Bangor wasn't small enough that the local paper goes through the civil violation sheet with a fine toothed comb. I don't think the Globe has a reporter sifting through misdemeanors looking through notable names.
                Like I said, I have nothing to say about what carlton posted as I don't know any of the details.

Comment

Originally posted by AMC View Post
                  If someone is dismissed from the team, it doesn't take a private investigator to break the story and sorry, Maine has had A LOT more players dismissed recently than BC; not even close. Not sure why you are trying to minimize what is clearly a re-occuring issue...
                  Last edited by carltonbarrett; 12-18-2012, 09:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                    Like I said, I have nothing to say about what carlton posted as I don't know any of the details.
                    Assaults of various nature seem to be the most common charge, with alcohol intoxication, drugs and theft all being there too.

Comment

I think 4 of the 12 guys you mentioned were actually kicked off the team and includes the kid who was never on it in Wolfe. I wouldn't call that most.

Actually dismissed from the team is just 3....and BC is what 2 in the time period we're talking about? That's not "A LOT" more players. not that it even matters but still in the interest of accuracy

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                      43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                      104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                      3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
                        I think 4 of the 12 guys you mentioned were actually kicked off the team and includes the kid who was never on it in Wolfe. I wouldn't call that most.

Actually dismissed from the team is just 3....and BC is what 2 in the time period we're talking about? That's not "A LOT" more players. not that it even matters but still in the interest of accuracy
                        I count 6 on that list that were booted or denied admission, plus a few that were suspended. For the love of God, facts are facts, can't you just admit that Maine has had more than its share of bad apples!

...and by the way, who was dismissed from BC, please enlighten me?
                        Last edited by carltonbarrett; 12-18-2012, 10:07 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
                          Nobody in the car was drunk
                          3.5 hours after the accident the police said Wey still noticeably smelled of booze. Me thinks he may have been drunk.

Comment

Not that there's anything wrong with that...

Comment

Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
                              I count 6 on that list that were booted or denied admission, plus a few that were suspended. For the love of God, facts are facts, can't you just admit that Maine has had more than its share of bad apples!

...and by the way, who was dismissed from BC, please enlighten me?
                              Motherwell and O'Hanley (sp?)

I'm counting Sill Czuba and Parker here......I guess you could count Darling although he finished the season and left so he wasn't really "dismissed." Not familiar with Falco that was before my time but the baseball bat crew (Hamilton, Clark etc) graduated, Wilson graduated, House was cleared and graduated...

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                              43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                              104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                              3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                                Not that there's anything wrong with that...

Agreed. 99.99% of NCAA hockey players drink underage and I don't think it is an issue, just going off of Carlton's "facts are facts" point.

Comment

Working...
                                X