Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maine 2012 - Take 2. If This Ain't the Bottom...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine 2012 - Take 2. If This Ain't the Bottom...

Originally posted by walrus View Post
    A lot of real fans understand a strong conference means success for their team also. Having Nat'l powerhouse in your conference means more TV, better recruits and in the end more money
    Oh I know that fully,but even when they want Maine strong they hate the thought of it.

Comment

Originally posted by all bear View Post
      Why wait till the end of the season. Immediately after the Florida tournament would be appropo to me.
      In Pro Sports it would have been done like that,but never happen at Maine in Mid-Season,good thought thou.!

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
        A lot of real fans understand a strong conference means success for their team also. Having Nat'l powerhouse in your conference means more TV, better recruits and in the end more money
        So long at that team is not diverting attention away from BC/BU. Those programs hated Maine being the best in east for so long, especially Parker. Too bad Whitehead has allowed all that to vanish before our eyes.
        Last edited by all bear; 12-16-2012, 07:54 AM.
        sure why not

Comment

Originally posted by Sully75 View Post
          I was watching Maine v UVM on TV from my Portland hotel & could not believe the # of empty seats that were randomly across the stands half way thru the 2nd. A once electric arena was lifeless.....as a lifelong college hockey fan, who used to hate watching Maine Hockey tear there way thru Hockey East..i was almost sad to see it. Maine drew hatred from Boston fans because Walsh & co were so brash & SUCCESSFUL. We were jealous & BU & BC were terrified of mighty Maine black bears..the whole product has suffered & the brand is no longer attractive to recruits, with memories of Kariya, Roy, Pellerin & Purcell a faded past. U need a charismatic Walsh disciple who will resurrect the past culture by having Credibility & a proven history that includes success in college & pro. The pro piece will re connect the glorious past & the college piece will add some reliability to that recruiting objective. Go after Cronin (NU had GREAT recruits committed after they built that awful program up and before he left - see GAUDREAU, Haar, Karlson, Bitetto, Oleksiak, Reid, Theissen, MacLeod, Newton...all HE al stars), Montgomery (he coached at RPI & is a success in Dubuque...though never head coach in College), Lehman (see Union & PC), even Pellerin (Bridgeport - AHL) who has never coached college but is a Walsh guy & Maine legend. All these guys and more (Capuano, Corkum, Gendron, Reilly, Matt Thomas, heck even Crowder) are products of the glorious past & can sell history (Maine Hockey in the glory days). I watched cronin turn NU around in 3 years. NU was making BU & BC nervous because they were winning AND they were out recruiting them for a few players, which NEVER happened before. Monty recruited well at RPI and has been terrific in USHL. I'd beg Abbot to call those 2 guys now..heck u might get Cronin now....since the Maple Leafs are locked out. LOL.
          I don't know if you know it, but while I appreciate what you are trying to say... you name all these former assistants under Walsh... and you don't seem to be addressing that the problem (timmy) WAS an assistant under Walsh...

Comment

Originally posted by all bear View Post
            So long at that team is not diverting attention away from BC/BU. Those programs hated Maine being the best in east for so long, especially Parker. Too bad Whitehead has allowed all that to vanish before our eyes.
            I think Parkers issue was more with Walsh but jealousy(Maines Success) probably fueled it
            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Another depressing thought, Vermont Beat St L last night
              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Just wanted to stop by and congratulate you all on not losing this weekend!

Comment

Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
                  Army's in a much better league, is 5-5, and also beat Binghamton. Not that men's hoops it good but there's no comparison with Army hockey vs. a Hockey East team and Army/Maine men's basketball.
                  Marist 94 - Maine 69

Maine should just shut down its athletics program, it is an embarrassment.

Comment

Originally posted by AMC View Post
                    Marist 94 - Maine 69

Maine should just shut down its athletics program, it is an embarrassment.
                    Looks like A.D. Abbott has alot on his plate to deal with...will he make it work as in fixing the problems or will he leave and have another take over..?

Comment

Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
                      Just wanted to stop by and congratulate you all on not losing this weekend!
                      we're very proud....

Comment

Originally posted by Sully75 View Post
                        I was watching Maine v UVM on TV from my Portland hotel & could not believe the # of empty seats that were randomly across the stands half way thru the 2nd. A once electric arena was lifeless.....as a lifelong college hockey fan, who used to hate watching Maine Hockey tear there way thru Hockey East..i was almost sad to see it. Maine drew hatred from Boston fans because Walsh & co were so brash & SUCCESSFUL. We were jealous & BU & BC were terrified of mighty Maine black bears..the whole product has suffered & the brand is no longer attractive to recruits, with memories of Kariya, Roy, Pellerin & Purcell a faded past. U need a charismatic Walsh disciple who will resurrect the past culture by having Credibility & a proven history that includes success in college & pro. The pro piece will re connect the glorious past & the college piece will add some reliability to that recruiting objective. Go after Cronin (NU had GREAT recruits committed after they built that awful program up and before he left - see GAUDREAU, Haar, Karlson, Bitetto, Oleksiak, Reid, Theissen, MacLeod, Newton...all HE al stars), Montgomery (he coached at RPI & is a success in Dubuque...though never head coach in College), Lehman (see Union & PC), even Pellerin (Bridgeport - AHL) who has never coached college but is a Walsh guy & Maine legend. All these guys and more (Capuano, Corkum, Gendron, Reilly, Matt Thomas, heck even Crowder) are products of the glorious past & can sell history (Maine Hockey in the glory days). I watched cronin turn NU around in 3 years. NU was making BU & BC nervous because they were winning AND they were out recruiting them for a few players, which NEVER happened before. Monty recruited well at RPI and has been terrific in USHL. I'd beg Abbot to call those 2 guys now..heck u might get Cronin now....since the Maple Leafs are locked out. LOL.
                        Greg Cronin owns a home in Maine. He believes, as I do, that Mr. Walsh was a coachng genius.

Comment

John Parker has been dismissed from the team and is no longer on the roster. I don't have an official reason for his dismissal yet.

ETA: WMEB's Bryan Roche also says 'The source also told me to "expect some changes" around the program.'

ETA2: Story breaking on WMEB now.
                          Last edited by Priceless; 12-17-2012, 06:34 PM.

Comment

What is it with Maine and players getting booted off the team these past few years? Is TIMMAH not doing his homework on these guys?

Comment

TIMMAY: laid back, dare we say timid; reactive, not proactive; not a taskmaster nor a disciplinarian; inspires neither confidence nor fear in his players, so they run, not exactly wild, but they have other priorities than the game of hockey, with nothing or no one to keep them in line.
                              Last edited by rufus; 12-17-2012, 07:22 PM.
                              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by roma View Post
                                Greg Cronin owns a home in Maine. He believes, as I do, that Mr. Walsh was a coachng genius.
                                Cronin had his shot at running this team. Wasn't particularly impressive.
                                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Working...
                                X