Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maine 2012 - Take 2. If This Ain't the Bottom...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine 2012 - Take 2. If This Ain't the Bottom...

Tim Whitehead is here to stay.........just take a look at Jack Cosgrove and UM football to see the future of UM hockey. Like Cosgrove (and Woodward in hoops), Tim Whitehead is a lifer at UMaine. These guys couldn't get other jobs now if their life depended on it. Why would Whitehead give up a job that plays $200K+ (including benefits) and not have to achieve a d*mn thing.........you couldn't find another job like that ANYWHERE.

Comment

Originally posted by fiqure8 View Post
      Thought Norman generated some chances..........looked better as a forward...........also moved the puck well on the PP, Go fiqure....Williams looked better at D.........Move Pryor to forward.........players skate right through him.........
      Pryor = Mushaluk 2.0

i know he's had a bunch of injuries, etc. to deal with, but in terms of output....

Comment

Up to 463 members now.........

http://www.facebook.com/groups/186978081078/

Comment

Originally posted by KnowItAll View Post
          ( how many of you ever thought you would be saying you would love to have a scoring machine like Keenan Hopson/Vince Laise back?)
          NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I still have nightmares about Hopson.

Comment

Originally posted by sandiegoblkbr View Post
            Tim Whitehead is here to stay.........just take a look at Jack Cosgrove and UM football to see the future of UM hockey. Like Cosgrove (and Woodward in hoops), Tim Whitehead is a lifer at UMaine. These guys couldn't get other jobs now if their life depended on it. Why would Whitehead give up a job that plays $200K+ (including benefits) and not have to achieve a d*mn thing.........you couldn't find another job like that ANYWHERE.
            Congressman/woman
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
              One thing I'm going to take out of this weekend is Marty is the goalie I thought he'd be. Quick, steady and has finally learned to put the last goal behind him. Must be a ton of pressure knowing if you give up one you are probably going to lose.
              IDK, somebody who looks a lot like you was pushing pretty hard for Sully until very recently...

Last edited by Fishman'81; 12-10-2012, 02:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DLG View Post
                I thought Maine played a really strong game. Their forecheck kept BU bottled up after the first 3 minutes

lack of goal scoring will hurt but you will probably be better record wise in the 2nd half
                I hear ya... Maine does everything fairly well, aside from actually scoring the puck.

( How many Grade-As did they create on Saturday, maybe three..? )

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                  IDK, somebody who looks a lot like you was pushing pretty hard for Sully until very recently...

I was always hoping Marty could push Sully but it appeared that mentally Marty would fall apart after he let in goal, now that's not the case. Sully was the better goalie until this year and now its clearly Marty. I always liked Wilson too but he clearly wasn't going to lead a D1 team anywhere
                  I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Little birdie who had a tour of the new Bangor Aud last week said it is coming along nicely and will be a very sweet complex. Anyone been through it yet? You didnt hear it here, but Portlands next. Got to keep up with the northern Jones's. New rinks, new coaches. There is hope after all.
                    sure why not

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                      So you THINK being last in "everything" will get the right attention after the season..?
                      We do get the top draft pick though.

I was thinking, too bad Corkum has to have his name associated with Whitehead. I think he could help a Jim Montgomery type considerably with his experience, knowledge and drive. Maybe he still hasnt been tainted too much yet.
                      Last edited by all bear; 12-10-2012, 06:59 AM.
                      sure why not

Comment

Originally posted by all bear View Post
                        Little birdie who had a tour of the new Bangor Aud last week said it is coming along nicely and will be a very sweet complex. Anyone been through it yet? You didnt hear it here, but Portlands next. Got to keep up with the northern Jones's. New rinks, new coaches. There is hope after all.
                        Except Bangor's arena isn't a rink and won't have ice.

Comment

Originally posted by AMC View Post
                          But other than that Mrs Lincoln, how was the play?

Comment

Originally posted by AMC View Post
                            it is designed for it though (might even have piping, just no chillers right now, someone told me the details but I forgot). It doesn't really make economic sense to put in ice without a permanent hockey tenant anyway. All the traveling ice shows have a portable system, so they would be spending millions of dollars for a couple hockey games a year.

Comment

Originally posted by all bear View Post
                              Little birdie who had a tour of the new Bangor Aud last week said it is coming along nicely and will be a very sweet complex. Anyone been through it yet? You didnt hear it here, but Portlands next.
                              it's well known the Cumberland County Civic Center is going to undergo major renovations.

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                                it's well known the Cumberland County Civic Center is going to undergo major renovations.
                                True
                                Last edited by all bear; 12-10-2012, 11:53 AM.
                                sure why not

Comment

Working...
                                X