Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maine 2012 - Take 2. If This Ain't the Bottom...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine 2012 - Take 2. If This Ain't the Bottom...

One thing I'm going to take out of this weekend is Marty is the goalie I thought he'd be. Quick, steady and has finally learned to put the last goal behind him. Must be a ton of pressure knowing if you give up one you are probably going to lose.
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
      You know there's a "Score Updates" board on this forum to follow and post updates on the game action, right?
      There are much better ways to get current scores and talk about the game. Most of us use Twitter.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
        One thing I'm going to take out of this weekend is Marty is the goalie I thought he'd be. Quick, steady and has finally learned to put the last goal behind him. Must be a ton of pressure knowing if you give up one you are probably going to lose.
        I'm glad for him...I always thought he had alot of upside,but after the first two season it looked more like he had lost confidence and was ok @ being a #2 then grabbing awhole of the situation and going with it...he gives the Team a chance at winning...only they need to score and thats is a problem that from the looks of it will be hard pressed this season.

Comment

I thought Maine played a really strong game. Their forecheck kept BU bottled up after the first 3 minutes

lack of goal scoring will hurt but you will probably be better record wise in the 2nd half

Comment

Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
            2-11-2.

Just to add some perspective to that, in 07-8 the year Maine missed the Hockey East tournament they were 5-7-2 heading to Florida. Team the next year that finished 8th was 10-5-2.

No home wins.....4 league points. And this is before the annual February swoon. Aye papi.
            right, and iirc, Maine was ranked 34th in the country at the end of the '08 season and a lot of people thought that was bad enough. ( how many of you ever thought you would be saying you would love to have a scoring machine like Keenan Hopson/Vince Laise back?)

now maine is ranked 4th from last in the nation.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
              No one would see it, scores thread have been in here all season.
              And it bugs me, and I'd like to try to get them back where they're supposed to be.
              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by irishfan85 View Post
                How good Flynn was. He is top ten all time for d1 at Maine and look at his AHL numbers...especially last month.
                A walk on at that.........go fiqure..........

Comment

Originally posted by chripy View Post
                  didn't watch but, the box score has him with 7 shots. the next closest had 3. they all shot 0% though.
                  Thought Norman generated some chances..........looked better as a forward...........also moved the puck well on the PP, Go fiqure....Williams looked better at D.........Move Pryor to forward.........players skate right through him.........

Comment

AD Abbott was in attendance last night...

Comment

are you implying he didnt like what he saw?
                      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by fiqure8 View Post
                        A walk on at that.........go fiqure..........
                        And a Monarch! Gasp!

Was checking out Marty's numbers and realized Maine's averaging better than 31 shots per game.....opposing goalies have a .958 save percentage against them. That's so far off the charts. They're getting shots, yet they make opposing goalies look like All-Americans. How do you turn those shots into quality shots?

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                        43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                        104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                        3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
                          And a Monarch! Gasp!

Was checking out Marty's numbers and realized Maine's averaging better than 31 shots per game.....opposing goalies have a .958 save percentage against them. That's so far off the charts. They're getting shots, yet they make opposing goalies look like All-Americans. How do you turn those shots into quality shots?
                          Quite simple...they don't have the talent to do it. I keep trying to think Diamond, Anthoine, Beatie can get the job done, but they can't. It's clear as day that those three benefited from Flynn and Abbott.

Comment

AD Abbott was in attendance last night...
                            A short trip for him from Portland.

Comment

Quite simple...they don't have the talent to do it. I keep trying to think Diamond, Anthoine, Beatie can get the job done, but they can't. It's clear as day that those three benefited from Flynn and Abbott.
                              Thats what Talent does...makes other players better.

Comment

Originally posted by KnowItAll View Post
                                right, and iirc, Maine was ranked 34th in the country at the end of the '08 season and a lot of people thought that was bad enough. ( how many of you ever thought you would be saying you would love to have a scoring machine like Keenan Hopson/Vince Laise back?)

now maine is ranked 4th from last in the nation.
                                So you THINK being last in "everything" will get the right attention after the season..?

Comment

Working...
                                X