Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maine 2012 - Take 2. If This Ain't the Bottom...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine 2012 - Take 2. If This Ain't the Bottom...

Originally posted by walrus View Post
    Where did Nick go?
    I think he (she) was saying "thankfully pryor is gone [ at the end of] this season [and we will not have to see him next year]

my opinion is that the concussions really took a toll
    another black bear who showed a lot of promise, but did not improve due to concussions was Tommy Riemann

I think pryor showed a lot of promise as a freshman

Comment

Originally posted by GoUNH View Post
      I havent been to Orono in a few years but just the hockey atmosphere alone must be good for recruiting. The few times I visited Alphond the place was rocking. It was awesome.
      It's about 2/3 full now......and it's gonna get worse.

Comment

Originally posted by KnowItAll View Post
        I think he (she) was saying "thankfully pryor is gone [ at the end of] this season [and we will not have to see him next year]

my opinion is that the concussions really took a toll
        another black bear who showed a lot of promise, but did not improve due to concussions was Tommy Riemann

I think pryor showed a lot of promise as a freshman
        Kind of rude to wish players gone if you ask me. I agree about Injuries taking its toll on Nick. Tommy Reimann would be the 2nd best forward on this team
        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

The Ron Mason feature story that appeared on USCHO was a good article and mentioned Walsh and his sons, Tyler and Travis, as they are Ron Mason's grandchildren --as I'm sure everyone knows anyways. There was a really good quote from the article though, talking about Sam Pollack, a former general manager of the Montreal Canadians, and his influence on Ron Mason on playing the game with the right attitude.
          Ron Mason, talking about Sam Pollack, says:

“Sam taught you early on as a player and that was play hard and play with heart,” Mason said last week from his home in Florida. “He always told us [to] do things right and told us why we did what we did. It worked, and I never forgot it.”

"Playing with heart" was always the one thing, in my mind, that differentiated Maine Hockey from other schools during most games because I remember Maine always playing with a chip on their shoulder and playing to win. It has been a while since I really felt that they've played a full 60 minutes with heart and I'd love to see that competitive edge back at the Alfond.
          Last edited by blackbearbandie; 12-08-2012, 08:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by blackbearbandie View Post
            The Ron Mason feature story that appeared on USCHO was a good article and mentioned Walsh and his sons, Tyler and Travis, as they are Ron Mason's grandchildren --as I'm sure everyone knows anyways. There was a really good quote from the article though, talking about Sam Pollack, a former general manager of the Montreal Canadians, and his influence on Ron Mason on playing the game with the right attitude.
            Ron Mason, talking about Sam Pollack, says:

“Sam taught you early on as a player and that was play hard and play with heart,” Mason said last week from his home in Florida. “He always told us [to] do things right and told us why we did what we did. It worked, and I never forgot it.”

"Playing with heart" was always the one thing, in my mind, that differentiated Maine Hockey from other schools during most games because I remember Maine always playing with a chip on their shoulder and playing to win. It has been a while since I really felt that they've played a full 60 minutes with heart and I'd love to see that competitive edge back at the Alfond.
            The team did last year. I think they played with as much heart as any Timmy team has and it was a lot of fun to watch. I know a lot of people were negative on them because of Timmy but they really were a great group.
            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
              The team did last year. I think they played with as much heart as any Timmy team has and it was a lot of fun to watch. I know a lot of people were negative on them because of Timmy but they really were a great group.
              Last year was great! That final few minutes of the Saturday that they swept BC at home were just electric, and to complete the sweep of BU the next weekend was phenomenal. I loved being down in Boston for Saint Patrick's Day weekend and seeing the TD Garden with more Maine fans there than BU or BC it seemed, and to beat BU down there was awesome! I'm still ****ed about that hit on Abbott behind the play. I can't believe there wasn't a call made there.

Comment

Kind of rude to wish players gone if you ask me. I agree about Injuries taking its toll on Nick. Tommy Reimann would be the 2nd best forward on this team
                Rude..???? It was a comment...you seem to have plenty(comments that is)...and alot of times real good,but you took this one way wrong(imo).

Comment

Is it rude to wish coaches gone?

Comment

Originally posted by sandiegoblkbr View Post
                    Is it rude to wish coaches gone?
                    Nope, totally different, paid professional

Comment

Either way..? No...

Comment

Nope, totally different, paid professional
                        Well then.......I want Tim Whitehead GONE!!!!

UMaine winter sports teams are now 7-34 vs. D-1 competition. Tremendous!

Comment

I just saw the end of the Friday night game against UVM, what an absolute shocker from the refs. That goal most definitely should have counted. Hopefully Maine gets all of their bad luck out of the way this year for awhile.
                          Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                          Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by sandiegoblkbr View Post
                            Well then.......I want Tim Whitehead GONE!!!!

UMaine winter sports teams are now 7-34 vs. D-1 competition. Tremendous!
                            Don't we all?
                            Womens BBall is a mess

Comment

Maine can't even get the puck out of the zone. What a joke.
                              When you say Tim Whitehead, You haven't said much!!!

Comment

3 minutes in the zone, ***

Comment

Working...
                                X