Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maine 2012 - Take 2. If This Ain't the Bottom...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hanasis View Post
    How can you have any kind of home advantadge when we serenade them with happy showtunes like we are having a wonderful time?? AHHH!!!!
    Happy show tunes? You've got to be kidding, right? The UMaine Pep Band has one of the most extensive song list of any school in Hockey East and has no need to repeat a song, and yet in both the 1st and the 3rd periods they played Paint it Black by the Rolling Stones. Have you looked up the lyrics to that song ever? Not much of a happy show tune if you ask me. The Pep Band is one of the only bright spots left when it comes to seeing a game at the Alfond. They are the best college hockey band in the East.

Comment

• Re: Maine 2012 - Take 2. If This Ain't the Bottom...

Originally posted by irishfan85 View Post
      Higgins and Leen are ROLE PLAYERS! Woopdie friggin doo. Let's get excited because some kid Timmy brought in has scored 1 goal and 2 assists in 14 games played!!!! The other sophomore forward you mentioned has been lighting the world on fire at 3 and 2 in 13 GP. Shore, a early round NHL draft pick, has a point every two games. Wow. I actually love the line of Shore-Merchant-Lomberg when it is together. The coach has not brought in enough talent like those three and when he does he can't develop it. I'll ask a question I've asked before, besides Flynn, who has overachieved since Penner? That's what I thought.
      Your right role players that could be good on teams with stud recruits and established Upper Classmen...but with TW he has role players that he thinks are Stars of the past.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
        How this team can p[ut in a performance like they did against BC, where you start to think they've got their heads around it, and have finally figured out what they need to do to be successful,m and then look so dismal and inept against a not very good Vermont team just boggles the mind. And then TIMMAY comes on at the end of the game and says how he thinks it was their best defensive effort of the season, limiting Vermont to 20 shots, and yet all those defensive turnovers right to Vermont sticks, or countless opportunities right in the slot that Vermont kept flubbing, the 2 on 1's, etc., that he just doesn't seem to see.

And then thanking the fans for being patient, and asking them to be patient for longer, for the disgusting product he puts out there on the ice night after night. It's obvious TIMMAY has no clue or solutions on how to get this team to play better, it's obvious that the things he's "teaching" them either aren't working, or are just useless to begin with, it's soooo obvious that this program needs a breath of fresh air and he needs to go. He's just ineffective as a coach, and someone else needs to come in just to have a new face to the program.

Maybe they won't get any better. But it needs to be tried, because what they are doing isn't working. Any one can see that. I think it'll be a major improvement just getting his sad-sack mug out from behind that bench. How can the players be inspired to make an effort when they see that hang-dog, awww-shucks, we lost another one demeanor in the locker room?
        Its over in concern of ever having a Top Flight Program as long as TW is the Coach...he's done...he can't improve and will only get worst...he's where he'll always be,a Coach that will get a Job but bring nothing to the table in the form of winning/recruiting/he has a shelf life of a few years then he's done,and he's been done for quite awhile....it was not noticed for a few seasons then you could see the cracks and then the cracks got bigger and then the whole Foundation is gone and will never RETURN till there's change...period. Its not going to get better cause he says/thinks it will...he's a Dreamer....wake up and take the pike out of Maine and lets get someone in with Pride/Passion/Work-Grit attitude and get the REBUILDING going.

Comment

Originally posted by blackbearbandie View Post
          Happy show tunes? You've got to be kidding, right? The UMaine Pep Band has one of the most extensive song list of any school in Hockey East and has no need to repeat a song, and yet in both the 1st and the 3rd periods they played Paint it Black by the Rolling Stones. Have you looked up the lyrics to that song ever? Not much of a happy show tune if you ask me. The Pep Band is one of the only bright spots left when it comes to seeing a game at the Alfond. They are the best college hockey band in the East.
          +1

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
            I haven't been since St Lawrence, can't get up to watch them glide around live and in person. I haven't missed this many games at Alfond in 10 years
            I know alot of fans this season that are in the same mind set you are...they have tried and tried but finally have had it...."AND" can you blame them..? NO...

Comment

The "they are freshman and sophomores" excuse doesn't cut it either. Plenty of young guys doing good in Hockey East. Gryzelcyk at BU, Gaudreau at BC, O'Regan at BU, Wilson at UML last season, tons of freshman goalies have had success the past few seasons in this league. Even look back at what Flynn and Nyquist did their freshman years.

Comment

Both of BC's Freshmen defensemen have more points than Maine's leading scorer, so your point is well taken...

Comment

BC has an alright coach with 924 wins who has proven that you can win with character and class. The problem is Timmy gets all this credit for having players with good GPA's. That's great and all, but it isn't mutually exclusive. You can win with guys who will be good in the community and good in the classroom.

Comment

Originally posted by blackbearbandie View Post
                    who said anything about them being anything less than the best? My point is that sometimes they step on the crowd when they wish to share a viewpoint with the on ice official. Oh well , who knows? Maybe thats what the team needs....more cowbell

Comment

Originally posted by hanasis View Post
                      who said anything about them being anything less than the best? My point is that sometimes they step on the crowd when they wish to share a viewpoint with the on ice official.
                      Seriously? The band isn't allowed to play during the game. They have to play in between whistles. You want them to pass up this opportunity to do this so mopes like you can yell at the officials and be heard?
                      Originally posted by reBlur
                      the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                        so mopes like you can yell at the officials and be heard?
                        We mostly want to yell at Timmay
                        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                          Seriously? The band isn't allowed to play during the game. They have to play in between whistles. You want them to pass up this opportunity to do this so mopes like you can yell at the officials and be heard?
                          Referees are always looking for input from fans. Often they will poll the audience like on 'Millionaire' to see if they should make a call or not. Officals are very open-minded - especially the refs we have in Hockey East.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                            Referees are always looking for input from fans. Often they will poll the audience like on 'Millionaire' to see if they should make a call or not. Officals are very open-minded - especially the refs we have in Hockey East.
                            I know I'm in the majority here and I'm preaching to the choir but I really don't go to games to enjoy the hockey and root for my team. I go because I feel as though I can influence how the game will play out if I yell at the officials enough. Nothing is better than high-fiving my buddy when the ref makes a call against the other team after we yell at the officials all game and we KNOW we caused that penalty to be called.

Unless of course the band plays and drowns out my shouting. Why would those jerks show up with all those instruments thinking people want to hear them? Jerks.
                            Originally posted by reBlur
                            the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by hanasis View Post
                              I chuckled when I finally made it to the arena parking lot to see 2 barren empty lots being guarded so I can no longer park there. $23 at the door for Vermont!!! Once inside trying to make it over to the potato bar,groups of people standing chatting leaving no room to get past because there isn't any room to begin with! I wonder what they paid for that wonderful scoreboard that DOESN'T SHOW THE SCORE!!! The refs were ripe for criticism throughout the weekend but the GD band drowns everyone out when its time to yell at them for a blatant missed call! How can you have any kind of home advantadge when we serenade them with happy showtunes like we are having a wonderful time?? AHHH!!!!
                              LOL.........know one ever accused UM administrators of knowing how to run a D-1 sports program.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                                Go have a gander at the 'Fire Mike Eaves?' thread if you think Maine is the only good program having a tough time. I think Timmy should go after this season but if/when a new coach comes in some of you need to establish realistic expectations of what success is.
                                Can we start by making sure that Maine players have appropriate conditioning and D-1 puck handling and shooting skills????

Comment

Working...
                                X