Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nebraska-Omaha vs. Minnesota. 11/30, 12/01.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nebraska-Omaha vs. Minnesota. 11/30, 12/01.

Sweet crap the Gophers play someone with a winning record. Let's see how it goes.

GO!
    the state of hockey is good

Re: Nebraska-Omaha vs. Minnesota. 11/30, 12/01.

Should be a good series. UNO is going to be tough, they are playing some good hockey right now.

As alluded to, this will be the first real test for MN this season. I'm excited to see how it goes. Hopefully they get the PP finishing a bit better by Friday.

And I still want to see Budish on the first line.

Comment

That didn't take long. Game on.

As I said in the UNO thread, we are going to get heaped on by everyone about our respective records against Tucs (and, in your case, non-existent).

On paper, these are two closely matched teams. We'll find out what happens on ice, however.

Comment

I have been anxiously awaiting these boys playing someone that has "contender" potential.
        the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
          Should be a good series. UNO is going to be tough, they are playing some good hockey right now.

As alluded to, this will be the first real test for MN this season. I'm excited to see how it goes. Hopefully they get the PP finishing a bit better by Friday.

And I still want to see Budish on the first line.
          Budish on the first line I think is the key. They need to put him back up there issacson is a decent player but not first line material.
          - Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God. -

Go Bemidji Beavers
          Go you Green and White
          Go Bemidji Beavers
          Fight with all your might!
          Rah! Rah! Rah!
          We are here to cheer you
          We are out to win your fame,
          So, Go Bemidji Beavers
          Fight to win this game.-Fight.

Comment

As a UNO fan, I am pumped for this series. This will also be UNO's first big weekend test of the season. I am scared for the team, Minnesota is playing some great hockey, the way I see it, coming out of this weekend with a split is a success for UNO. Can't wait to watch these games on TV.

Minnesota fans, it's Fox Sports North, right? Is that pumped out nationally on satellite and what not? I'll be looking for a bar to watch these ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Pants View Post
              As a UNO fan, I am pumped for this series. This will also be UNO's first big weekend test of the season. I am scared for the team, Minnesota is playing some great hockey, the way I see it, coming out of this weekend with a split is a success for UNO. Can't wait to watch these games on TV.

Minnesota fans, it's Fox Sports North, right? Is that pumped out nationally on satellite and what not? I'll be looking for a bar to watch these ones.
              Correct, FOX Sports North. Not sure of availability but assume if you have a sports package of some sort you should get it.
              http://www.foxsportsnorth.com

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
              And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
              Twenty red lights in his honor
              Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

I don't have fancy cable packages

I will call some bars and see who gets it! Looks like the upper tier packages on Dish and DirectTV have FSNorth, hopefully I'll catch the game!

Comment

Haven't looked at the Schedule. Is this At MN? I assume Fri/Sat at 7?

Hope the Gophs can play up to the competition.

Comment

Originally posted by Koho View Post
                    Haven't looked at the Schedule. Is this At MN? I assume Fri/Sat at 7?

Hope the Gophs can play up to the competition.
                    Games are at Mecca.
                    @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
                    On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
                    High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Both games scheduled for a 7pm start.
                      Remember the traffic on/around campus prior to the Badger series? Well, UNO fans probably don't but it could be bad again this weekend.

Volleyball NCAA tourney at the Pavilion plus a swim meet going on as well. Gopher women's pucksters hosting the Badgers on Saturday at 2PM.

http://www.gophersports.com/calendar/events/

The University of Minnesota volleyball team (24-7, 15-5 in the Big Ten) will host the First and Second Rounds of the NCAA Tournament at the Sports Pavilion, Nov. 30-Dec. 1. Minnesota will face Liberty (25-7, 12-2 in the Big South) on Friday, Nov. 30 at 6:30 p.m. Prior to the Gopher/Liberty match will be Creighton (28-3) and Marquette (27-6) contest, at 4:30 p.m. The winners of the first two matches will face each other on Dec. 1, 6 p.m., for the NCAA Second Round, also at the Sports Pavilion. This marks the fourth time in five years the Gophers will host the First and Second Rounds.
                      Last edited by Greyeagle; 11-25-2012, 06:41 PM.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                      And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                      Twenty red lights in his honor
                      Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

If you can't find it on TV fox sports north offers their director's cut on their website
                        tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Last time UNO played the Gophers I was able to watch the games at Brewsky's. I am sure there are a bunch of places you can catch the game in town if you ask. Getting one win against Minnesota would be a good showing, hopefully the team brings their 'A' game. Should be fun.

Comment

Fun fact for all the non-WCHA types.

UNO and Minnesota don't have a very extensive history. Nevertheless, the visitors have won every single game ever played between these two teams. A streak we'd like to see kept intact this weekend.

FSN HD is Direct TV Channel 668

Comment

I've had this series circled for awhile. Both teams have have their moments so far and both teams find themselves in the top half of the conference. UNO should be a true test for the Gophers albeit on home ice. This should be a fun series and I hope to see a few UNO fans make the trip, but I doubt that will happen with the Huskers playing in the B1G Championship game Saturday night. I will (hopefully) be at both games, for sure on Friday.

This should be a close series, but I'm calling a Minnesota sweep(how's that for sandbagging, Slap Shot?). A split is probably the obvious prediction, but I want to hear the Battle Hymn, dammit! And this is an important series for the Gophers before hitting the road to play @CC so 3-4 points is pretty crucial for the Gophers I think.
                              "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Working...
                              X