Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fire Mike Eaves?

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    He's a Miami grad, but I don't know what he's making there.
    It was $300,000 plus incentives a few years back.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
      No, UAA made a big mistake by hiring him. The players hated him. More than 40 players left the team under his leadership, and that never happened with Brush at the helm.
      Yet every coach since Talafous has posted worse or similar records. You just can't win consistently at UAA in the WCHA. It's just too much of a recruiting hurdle.

Comment

Originally posted by sweatpants View Post
        Yet every coach since Talafous has posted worse or similar records. You just can't win consistently at UAA in the WCHA. It's just too much of a recruiting hurdle.
        And part of that problem stems from hiring Tally. He burned many recruiting bridges and players who left talked to other players, etc, etc, etc. He didn't play to win, he played not to lose. It was BORING hockey and that is when the fans started to leave.
        Originally Posted by aparch
        I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Someone mentioned that attendance has fallen off. Just curious, what is capacity and what has attendance been?
          I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
            Someone mentioned that attendance has fallen off. Just curious, what is capacity and what has attendance been?
            Ask and you shall receive....

Capacity is 15,237.

2009-2010 - Average Attendance - 15,048
            2010-2011 - Average Attendance - 13,266
            2011-2012 - Average Attendance - 11,773

The 4 recorded games for this year are the following.

7,501 - US Under 18
            8,643 - Colorado College - Game 1
            10,694 - Colorado College - Game 2
            9,118 - Minnesota State Mankato - Game 1

If you ask me, what's going to get Eaves fired will be attendance first and foremost. If the Kohl center starts seeing 6,000 a game, Barry will have to take notice.
            Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post

Capacity is 15,237.

7,501 - US Under 18

If you ask me, what's going to get Eaves fired will be attendance first and foremost. If the Kohl center starts seeing 6,000 a game, Barry will have to take notice.
              It's the only thing Barry would notice. That and how many rushing touchdowns Mersch has scored.
              If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

If UW is in need of a new hockey coach in the near future, look no farther than Green Bay and Tim Coghlin at SNC. Check out his credentials, as well as three D III National titles as well as a runner up in the last 5 years and his pipeline to hockey players in Western Canada. Selecting a D III coach for the BB team turned out to be a very good decision.

Comment

Capacity is 15,237.

7,501 - US Under 18

Thanks. As a UAA fan who is happy to see 4000 fans in a 6400 barn, those numbers still look great to me.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Capacity is 15,237.

7,501 - US Under 18

that's a significant drop-off. from **** near sell-outs every night the year they made their run to Detroit, to losing 1,800 people the following year then another 1,400 people 2 seasons later. This season they've cracked 10,000 twice. I desperately hope the admin is paying attention to that...that trend is huge
                    Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Last year I was in Madison for the Saturday game between the Gophers and the Badgers. I was shocked to see empty seats.

Yes, the Badgers were successfully defending the axe in MPLS, but it still surprised me
                      the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                        Last year I was in Madison for the Saturday game between the Gophers and the Badgers. I was shocked to see empty seats.

Yes, the Badgers were successfully defending the axe in MPLS, but it still surprised me
                        That right there just shows the apathy towards hockey. If you can't fill the barn with the rodents in town.....

Not to get political, but I do think the economy has some effect on this and the union folks have a little less loose change in their pockets. But that would have accounted for the drop 2 years ago. The drop from last year to this year is not accounted for economically, things have stabilized in SE WI.
                        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Trade one Tim Whitehead for one Mike Eaves, you think things are bad in Badgerland, you ain't seen nothing yet

Comment

Originally posted by CenMEBlackBearFan View Post
                            Trade one Tim Whitehead for one Mike Eaves, you think things are bad in Badgerland, you ain't seen nothing yet
                            Have your AD call our AD, I'm sure Barry the Almighty will get back to your mortal AD in a month or two.

With no established 2nd assistant to take over, UW isn't going to make any change until after the season. Eaves has not been a coach long enough to warant a "Fairwell Tour" and I doubt Eaves would stay once he was informed he was not staying on after the season. The BEST way to send a message that this performance isn't acceptable is to NOT renew your season tickets and withhold any donations and let the powers that be know why.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                              That right there just shows the apathy towards hockey. If you can't fill the barn with the rodents in town.....

Not to get political, but I do think the economy has some effect on this and the union folks have a little less loose change in their pockets. But that would have accounted for the drop 2 years ago. The drop from last year to this year is not accounted for economically, things have stabilized in SE WI.
                              I dont buy the economy thing. Camp Randal is full. Last time The Packers had an empty seat was 1960. Brewers drew 3 million twice. So economy is not the reason. Poor performance is the reason. Best kids stay clear of the program because of Eaves and his system. Great for NHL, not College. He has been passed by . Jerry York does it every year. So does DU, ND. Even the also ran WCHA schools are better than us. Kato gets the sweep.They have size and talent. They out recruited us too. " What the heck is going on out there" Never happend before. I see the body English out of guys like Burish when he returns. He knows we suck too.

Watching grinders circle the net and not score is boring.No longer worth my Saturday Tickets, Just sold them.

Comment

Isn't the 09-10 attendance figure skewed by having 55,000 home attendance for the Camp Randall game?

Yes, attendance is down but youve got an apple in with those oranges...
                                St. Norbert College Green Knights
                                NCHA regular season champs: 97-99, 02-08, 10-12, 14, 16, 19
                                NCHA playoff champs: 98-99, 03-05, 07-08, 10-14, 17-19, 24
                                NCAA Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
                                ---
                                SNC women: 2013 O'Brien Cup Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X