Fire Mike Eaves?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Fire Mike Eaves?

My mouth literally dropped open upon hearing that score from last night.

What in the world is going on?
    ---
    National Champions: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998
    Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
    19 Conference Championships
    10 Conference Tournament Championships
    2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

• Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
      On a similar note, This is my computer's desktop background. (It was from just last year, however.)

Cute.

It used to be like that nightly. The 100s and 200s used to be completely full and the 300s were typically at least half full... EVERY game.

We sold out one night against Minnesota last season. I guess things are just fine after all...

Comment

• Originally posted by MGoBlueHockey View Post
        My mouth literally dropped open upon hearing that score from last night.

What in the world is going on?

Tech is actually quite good and we've probably never been worse.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post

Tech looked pretty unmotivated against Michigan at the GLI. I was there on the glass and they didn't look like they did the last time the two played.

I'm really interested to see this game on BTN tonight.
          ---
          National Champions: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998
          Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
          19 Conference Championships
          10 Conference Tournament Championships
          2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

This. I have seen a couple games this year, and while I lean towards Tech (they are my lil' sister team) in bias...they are actually good this year. And agree that WI is about as bad as can be. Admittedly, this does not displease me.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by MGoBlueHockey View Post
              Tech looked pretty unmotivated against Michigan at the GLI. I was there on the glass and they didn't look like they did the last time the two played.

I'm really interested to see this game on BTN tonight.
              What are you talking about? Mi got worked in that GLI game. Sometimes the team that plays best doesn't always win in college hockey, and that was the case at the GLI.

That game reminded me of the 2011 Nat'l Semi between UND and Mi, where UND beat the hell out of the Wolverines for 3 periods and somehow managed to lose.

Comment

Becky won a game at home against Tech!! Woo hoo

Don't fire Eaves, extend his contract. Thanks

Comment

Hire Gwoz
                  tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

• Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                    "Probably"?

For historical perspective: Our worst modern era record is 12-24-2 (.342 win%). It will be amazing if this doesn't become the worst season since the depression.
                    If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

What about Mel Pearson as a UW coaching candidate? He's got big school experience and his style of play was fun to watch yesterday. The only ? is would he leave UW to replace Red if he ever does retire?
                      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Would he leave tech? What are they paying him?
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

So it looks like he's making $300k per year at his alma mater. A school that actually supports hockey rather than an AD that wants to kill it.

I don't see pearson as a candidate.
                          Code:
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

tMel is going NOWHERE. He even dismissed rumors of him going back to Michigan when Red retires.
                            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Cute.

It used to be like that nightly. The 100s and 200s used to be completely full and the 300s were typically at least half full... EVERY game.

We sold out one night against Minnesota last season. I guess things are just fine after all...
                              I think if we're being fair, it wasn't like that when Eaves was hired, (attendance in his first year is pretty close to this year's) then it was like that for quite awhile, and now it's not like that again.

If it's strictly fans in seats driven, the best suggestion I've heard was to hire Shannon Miller and move MJ over. (I love Mark Johnson, but he still wouldn't be my first choice as successor.) But he's wildly popular in Madison, and Wisconsin. And in the entire USA hockey world in general... and I wouldn't be surprised if in his in his first year he couldn't put another 2-3k old faithful fans in seats just by being behind the bench. Whether or not he could produce contenders or not is a different question, but it would make short term financial sense.
                              Originally posted by WiscTJK
                              I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                              Originally posted by Timothy A
                              Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

The name I'm surprised I haven't heard is Gwoz. I remember hearing a rumor back when he was fired that he was only coming back for a big ten or hockey helmet school.

But then again you have an administration that doesn't give two ****s about hockey.
                                Code:

Comment

Working...
                                X