Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Fire Mike Eaves?

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
    Kinda like how your team got shut out against 8th place CC?
    The difference is that we aren't arguing for 4 pages about it, sport...

Comment

• Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
      And you can't prove it wasn't, so whatever Marcia.
      So the (non) call on the ice stands. Point proven.
      AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
        The difference is that we aren't arguing for 4 pages about it, sport...
        Come on, what else would you be doing on a Tues am? Plus, they should fire Eaves, that style of hockey is dreadful to watch and I can see why the fans are leaving in droves.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
          I was the only one that said they hadn't seen the replay before now. But don't worry, just because you are a dumbass doesn't mean I will paint all Badger fans with the same brush.

You, specifically you, sure are surly lately. You should try to enjoy the moment a little more as this level of success isn't likely to continue for your program.

Hockeykrazy hadn't seen it. I'm thinking that a few others may not have either otherwise their comments make absolutely no sense.

I used to feel bad for Jan-fan around here and think that they were being unfairly picked on. Then (around the time of the Aaron Marvin goonery) I actually started paying attention to your threads. You guys, not all of you, but as a group bring it upon yourselves.

You've earned your moniker.

You wear it well.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
            You, specifically you, sure are surly lately. You should try to enjoy the moment a little more as this level of success isn't likely to continue for your program.

Hockeykrazy hadn't seen it. I'm thinking that a few others may not have either otherwise their comments make absolutely no sense.

I used to feel bad for Jan-fan around here and think that they were being unfairly picked on. Then (around the time of the Aaron Marvin goonery) I actually started paying attention to your threads. You guys, not all of you, but as a group bring it upon yourselves.

You wear it well.
            For the record, no one said why they made it stand. I read some of your comments the other day that it wasn't reviewable so I didn't look at it. I happened across this one and his comments on the post game interview and they didn't match. This was the first time I heard it was knocked out of his hand by a skate and when I looked at it again his skate is going the wrong way and doesn't look anywhere near it. Now that you explained that it happened to hit his skate during his swinging motion was when it made sense. But it still doesn't match with Rumpels grin when he said the puck knocked it out of his hands. So to me it looked like he had gotten away with one.

Is there a rule anywhere that addresses throwing the stick? I was just wondering exactly what it says.
            Last edited by hockeykrazy; 03-26-2013, 10:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeykrazy View Post
              For the record, no one said why they made it stand. I read some of your comments the other day that it wasn't reviewable so I didn't look at it. I happened across this one and his comments on the post game interview and they didn't match. This was the first time I heard it was knocked out of his hand by a skate and when I looked at it again his skate is going the wrong way and doesn't look anywhere near it. Now that you explained that it happened to hit his skate during his swinging motion was when it made sense. But it still doesn't match with Rumpels grin when he said the puck knocked it out of his hands. So to me it looked like he had gotten away with one.

Don't worry about it. I'm done with this.

I just didn't like the "cheating" accusation and then others jumped in and well I was bored last night coz the Hawks game was brutal and you know, I just like to tangle sometimes.

In the end, no matter how anyone views the call or non-call or whatever, it was still a tie game in the first period and there was plenty of time for either team to get the job done. End of story. Scoreboard.

In the end, we both made the tourney and if it can't be us, I'm hoping that either SCSU or MSUM gets it done.

Comment

Originally posted by bucky15 View Post
                The "grin" he has that on his face all the time....just a happy Canadian kid playing and living in a great American city.
                I'm not sure if Madison is actually an upgrade from Canada. hmmm.... tough one.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeykrazy View Post

Is there a rule anywhere that addresses throwing the stick? I was just wondering exactly what it says.

Had Rumpel's stick not hit his defenseman's foot, that would have been an automatic goal.

In real time, I thought he threw it and was saying "That's gonna be a goal." Then I saw the replay. Was clear to me that he was going to desperately sweep at the puck (and not get to it in time, btw) and his stick got jarred from his hand. I've had my own stick knocked out of my hands many times in the exact same way. Every player has.

If a skater (non-goalie) throws his stick to stop a puck carrier, I believe it's a penalty shot. If one does that with an empty net, I believe it's an automatic goal.

Comment

I hear what your saying. I'm done with it too now that I see exactly what happened.

Good luck to you guys too.

Thanks for the update on the stick rule.
                    Last edited by hockeykrazy; 03-26-2013, 10:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post

You wear it well.
                      Are you serious? I came in here agreeing with you and pointing out that the Badgers could have easily had their season ended last Friday. I didn't think I would have to repeat the reasons why Badgers fans weren't likely to change their mind over the weekend to wanting Eaves to stay. You seized on my statement as some kind of whining about my own team's fortunes. It wasn't. Whether intentional or not, you shifted the point of the conversation to the controversial play. Like I said I am over it. No guarantee we would have won even if we were awarded a goal there.

I enjoyed the moment of SCSU winning the MacNaughton. Hasn't been a whole lot to celebrate other than that over the past few weeks. We can agree to disagree on whether St. Cloud will have continued success. I am sure your opinion isn't in the minority.

As far as whether we bring it on ourselves, it is kind of pointless to discuss because whether it is right or wrong it obviously isn't going to change.
                      Originally posted by SJHovey
                      Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                      Originally posted by Brenthoven
                      We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
                        I'm not sure if Madison is actually an upgrade from Canada. hmmm.... tough one.
                        This link will be my closing arguement.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swift_Current

Comment

This was fun
                          In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Originally posted by burd
                          I look at some people and I just know they do it doggy style. No way they're getting close to my kids.

Comment

Originally posted by WisconsinWildcard View Post
                            This was fun
                            Until Jan calls telling you she is late and you are locked in for 18 years...then it is no longer fun.

Comment

Come on Barry, Gwoz is available. Drop the hammer.
                              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                                Come on Barry, Gwoz is available. Drop the hammer.

Hey Barry!

I'll commit to renewing my Friday tickets....

Comment

Working...
                                X