Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Fire Mike Eaves?

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
    The penalty for throwing the stick is a goal, so I would say there is a distinct difference in that penalty and cross-checking, tripping or hooking.
    It's still cheating. Just sayin'.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
      Did Rumpel actually say he threw the stick?
      No, but the big ***-eating grin on his face after it was called no-goal gave it away...

Oh, and it's not cheating unless you get caught.
      Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
      Originally posted by Quizmire
      mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
      MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
      MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
      I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
        The penalty for throwing the stick is a goal, so I would say there is a distinct difference in that penalty and cross-checking, tripping or hooking.
        It's awarded a goal only if it is deemed the puck would've gone in.
        AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
          Which "blown call" was that Jan?
          Oh, idk, we could start with the trip on the breakaway that wasn't called...
          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
            Oh, idk, we could start with the trip on the breakaway that wasn't called...
            If we want to talk about ALL of the calls blown by WCHA refs we are going to need a new thread (or two).

Comment

• Originally posted by Almington View Post
              If we want to talk about ALL of the calls blown by WCHA refs we are going to need a new thread (or two).
              That few?
              "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
              -Gallagher

R.I.P.
              Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
              Grandma ~ Jan 2004
              Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
              Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by Almington View Post
                *****http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/30368042.jpg******
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                  That few?
                  That's just for the UW-SCSU semi discussion today.

Comment

For the record, I think Rumpel did chuck his stick, but its really hard to call it as that's judging intent and once there's contact, that's **** tough. Personally, I hope that Prow and Faragher work during the offseason to make Prow bumping into him and Faragher throwing his stick halfway to the boards look legit.
                    tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by Almington View Post
                      Going to be one of the only good things about the B10 hockey conf. won't have to deal with WCHA ref's.. Although I see them doing something stupid like Hiring Anderson and Sheppard just to make sure everyone hates the Idea of the conference....

PS I wasn't on here when this stupid thread was started, had I been I would of said fire Mike Eaves and hire who?!?! No Barry Melrose is not an option....

Comment

He always has the grin on his face so IDK if that proof enough Mr. CSI... it looked like it did get knocked out and he maybe let go of it with a little more ease and force then what was needed... but hey.. they were the best team in St. Paul last weekend... not many people can argue that... Mass-Lowell can't be too happy with that draw... its similar to Ole miss and Oregon drawing 12 seeds int eh NCAA BBall tourney...

Comment

Originally posted by streeter View Post

PS I wasn't on here when this stupid thread was started, had I been I would of said fire Mike Eaves and hire who?!?!

Mark Johnson. Duh.

Comment

Originally posted by streeter View Post
                            fire Mike Eaves and hire who?!?
                            I hear Tubby Smith is back on the market.
                            Code:
                            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                            Originally posted by SanTropez
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                            Originally posted by Kepler
                            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Mark Johnson. Duh.

IALTO.

Is Craig Dahl still available?
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Okay, I'll play along for a bit more.

Do you hold uncalled trips, holds, interference and other infractions to the same standard of "cheating?"

I hope you're just fishing in an unfunny way and aren't serious.
                                You mean like when we got hooked twice on a breakaway with no call? Or when our guy was standing in the slot and got yanked to the ice with no call?
                                St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Working...
                                X