Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Yale and New Hampshire at Denver and CC 11/23 & 11/24

Originally posted by WildShawn View Post
    The UNH defensive numbers have been staggeringly good, almost fluky good.
    Take that a step further

-Games 1&2 against SCSU gave up 5 goals. Having watched that game there was still some adjusting going on with missed assignments.
    -Game 3 was a pay back game against BU, UNH team was still smarting from the year before so they were focused. May be the best game I have seen them play. The BU goal was a 2 on 1 in the 1st minute, puck jumped on the UNH point man and BU was off the races.
    -Game 4 3 goals in the 1st period against NU with some sloppy coverage, the coverage got better but not great the rest of the game.

10 periods 9 goals. (2.70 gaa think that is right)

Since that start and seeming to "figure it out" in their own end as a team

20 periods +3.08 minutes OT, 3 goals. (.446 gaa)

And it isn't just the goalie. It is a team commitment to D, they are taking away the grade A chances. The few the other team is getting DeSmith is generally stopping. I am worried about the DU game, second night at altitude, playing D takes significant energy and I wonder what that will do. This UNH team is winning on effort, they lack pure goal scoring and the Saturday night game has me concerned. Just the combination of two solid teams, the better the seoncd night and altitude be interesting to see if UNH wears down.
    "Now Progress Takes Away What Forever Took To Find" Dave Matthews Band, The Dreaming Tree

Comment

Originally posted by du78 View Post
      Visitors' bench is north side of Section 20 and south side of Section 1, DU bench is north side of Section 1 and south side of Section 2.
      Thanks!!
      Signature line intentionally left blank.

Comment

A college kid named Harry. I don't care which of the 3 teams you cheer for - you have to admit..... THAT'S cool!
        I want to be a fan of the best team in college hockey - so that explains why I am a DENVER fan!

Comment

Yale Press Release for this weekend; with lineup, stats, etc..

http://www.yalebulldogs.com/sports/m..._DU_and_CC.pdf

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Comment

Both games this weekend at DU are being webcast at www.denverpioneers.com on Pioneer Vision for a fee.
            DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
              You can check out Yale's last game here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXJmGyhnsaU
              If you're going to watch this I'd recommend you hit the mute button on your computer. Holy hell...

Comment

Both games this weekend at DU are being webcast at www.denverpioneers.com on Pioneer Vision for a fee.
                Thanks for the link.
                "Now Progress Takes Away What Forever Took To Find" Dave Matthews Band, The Dreaming Tree

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyjunkie10 View Post
                  If you're going to watch this I'd recommend you hit the mute button on your computer. Holy hell...
                  The new female broadcaster gets 1 for audio and 9 for looks. Check out the between period interviews!
                  YALE HOCKEY
                  2013 National Champions

Comment

As USCHO pointed out
                    The goaltenders for both opponents rank in the top three in Division I for save percentage. Casey DeSmith of UNH has a .961 in 12 games and Yale’s Jeff Malcolm has a .949 in six games.
                    Pios will need to be patient and play within the scheme. If they get frustrated and forget their positional play, they open the door for their opponents.
                    GO DU !!!

Comment

DU Game Notes for Yale Game

https://www.nmnathletics.com//pdf8/9...B_OEM_ID=18600

PIONEERS ALL-TIME VS. YALE
                      Denver is 6-0-0 overall all-time against the Bulldogs in a series dating to 1951. Both teams last met in the 1996 Denver Cup where the Pioneers took a 3-2 overtime decision.

OUT OF ACTION
                      Goaltender Adam Murray (injury) and Larkin Jacobson (team suspension) are out of the lineup Friday.
                      DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

For UNH if altitude is to be a factor it will be during Fridays CC game. They will be fine for the Denver game.

Comment

George Gwozdecky has a secret weapon; and he has used it for years. But it's really no secret at all. Just watch the benches during the game. You'll see the visitors, standing, behind the boards - very typical behavior in ANY hockey game, no matter where it's played. Then look over at the DU bench. Every single guy is sitting. That's called resting your legs. They coach it, they preach it, and during games, the coaches make a concious effort to ENFORCE it, constantly telling their guys to sit. That little bit of sitting down between shifts - according to Gwoz - makes a difference. They do it every single game. You watch. Even in the final moments, when the game is on the line and emotions are in high gear..... George wants his team sitting..... while the other bench is all standing. It's really amazing to see.
                          I want to be a fan of the best team in college hockey - so that explains why I am a DENVER fan!

Comment

Best of luck to both Yale and UNH, I will be pulling for both teams for sure. Go Blue2 !

Comment

For those in Southern CT, Anna Liffey's will be showing both of Yale's games this weekend

Comment

Originally posted by licwinko View Post
                                For those in Southern CT, Anna Liffey's will be showing both of Yale's games this weekend
                                Thanks for the heads up Ryan!
                                YALE HOCKEY
                                2013 National Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X