Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Da Sioux @ The Irish 11/23 & 11/24

Originally posted by cross cheque View Post
    Easily the most unbiased game announcing I've ever heard.
    Sarcasm?

...and I'll be muting the game tomorrow.

Comment

I thought the same thing the entire night.

Comment

Agreed. Radio guys for college hockey are always better than the TV guys. However, they usually are more biased. Not these guys. Kudos to Notre Dame for a great radio team.
        North Dakota
        National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
          Agreed. Radio guys for college hockey are always better than the TV guys. However, they usually are more biased. Not these guys. Kudos to Notre Dame for a great radio team.
          Seriously? I thought they made Sonmor look neutral.
          Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
          Originally posted by Quizmire
          mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
          MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
          MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
          I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Irish fans, does the team shake hands after every game?

The announcers seemed a bit surprised that there was no handshake line. In the WCHA teams only shake hands after the second game.

Comment

Originally posted by MissSioux85 View Post

The announcers seemed a bit surprised that there was no handshake line. In the WCHA teams only shake hands after the second game.
              I think we're the only conference that does it after the weekend, rather than every game. IIRC, we've (as a conference) been ripped by Eastern teams when the teams leave without shaking hands on a Friday.
              Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
              Originally posted by Quizmire
              mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
              MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
              MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
              I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                Seriously? I thought they made Sonmor look neutral.
                I certainly didn't think so. Obviously, they were slanted towards Notre Dame, but I thought they were pretty fair. Of course, I had the Minnesota game on the TV while watching, so perhaps their overt bias has clouded my judgment
                North Dakota

Comment

Announcers not too shabby...Saunders stole the game for the Sioux tonite in my opinion...get'em tomorrow!!
                  License to kill gofers...From the government of the United Nations. - Carl Spackler, Caddyshack

Comment

Originally posted by Blackheart View Post
                    Announcers not too shabby...Saunders stole the game for the Sioux tonite in my opinion...get'em tomorrow!!
                    Saunders definitely played well, but it seemed that most of Notre Dame's best chances missed the net (could have been deflected/saved of course), while a lot of Saunders' saves were from long range.

Regardless, Saunders played well (as did Summerhays), and was the big reason for the victory tonight.
                    North Dakota

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                      I think we're the only conference that does it after the weekend, rather than every game. IIRC, we've (as a conference) been ripped by Eastern teams when the teams leave without shaking hands on a Friday.
                      I think you're right. I remember some of the eastern fans being confused over that in the past.
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by MissSioux85 View Post
                        Yes, they shake hands after every game. I can't recall the last time I saw a team not line up to shake hands, even out of conference.

Comment

Originally posted by StillaLeafsFan View Post
                          Yes, they shake hands after every game. I can't recall the last time I saw a team not line up to shake hands, even out of conference.
                          They didn't shake hands after Friday's game when they played at the Ralph in 2010.
                          North Dakota

Comment

I thought the announcers were great. They did their homework to get to know the Sioux player's names - and pronounced them well ( except for Rowney, which everyone seems to do). Are they ND students?
                            Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

Originally posted by stillaleafsfan View Post
                              yes, they shake hands after every game. I can't recall the last time i saw a team not line up to shake hands, even out of conference.
                              umd.
                              "Hockey is the only tribe I belong to." --Jack Falla

"Why, as a matter of fact, I suggested starting a hockey program to Father Callahan, our president. He was downright interested until we came to the use of sticks, and then he threw up his hands. He said, 'No, that game is not for our University. Notre Dame will never endorse any game that puts a club in the hands of an Irishman.' " -- Knute Rockne: All American

Comment

Originally posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post
                                I thought the announcers were great. They did their homework to get to know the Sioux player's names - and pronounced them well ( except for Rowney, which everyone seems to do). Are they ND students?
                                The play by play guy is a local sports radio personality, no connection to the university other than his professional radio gigs. He generally works games alone, although a number of people have commented on the announcerS plural from last night. Not sure there was someone else working with him last night, although occasionally in the last couple of seasons Eric Ringel, a player forced to quit due to repeated severe concussions, would join the broadcast booth. Ringel graduated last season.

Comment

Working...
                                X