SCSU @ tUMD: Let's Stuff These Turkeys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SCSU @ tUMD: Let's Stuff These Turkeys

Duluth is coming off of a gritty performance at the Ralph but only walked away with a point despite going to OT both nights. They're tied with Mankato for last in the WCHA (UAA also has four points but has two games in hand) and still looking for their first WCHA win of the year.

St. Cloud comes off a bye week of in-fan base bickering and is in a logjam tied for 4th through 6th, but with Minnesota, UNO, UND and CC all playing an OOC series this coming weekend, SCSU winning the series would put them in 2nd.

See you guys at the Soil...
    tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Re: SCSU @ tUMD: Let's Stuff These Turkeys

4-2, 3-1 St. Cloud.
    St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

While it stinks that UMD didn't get more than one point out of UND (especially for how well they played). The bright side is that they are going playing hard for their first league win. Something Euro didn't want to have happen. This series has split written all over it. UMD on Friday and SCCC on Saturday.
      tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

This SCSU team has contender written all over it.

HUSKIES SWEEEEEEEEEP.
        Originally posted by SJHovey
        Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
        Originally posted by Brenthoven
        We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
          While it stinks that UMD didn't get more than one point out of UND (especially for how well they played). The bright side is that they are going playing hard for their first league win. Something Euro didn't want to have happen. This series has split written all over it. UMD on Friday and SCCC on Saturday.
          Season series each of the past two years has gone St. Cloud with 3 points and that was when Duluth was good. I like our chances of winning this series

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
            Season series each of the past two years has gone St. Cloud with 3 points and that was when Duluth was good. I like our chances of winning this series
            As do I.
            We've got a defense playing very well along with Faragher and balanced scoring.
            IF UMD wants to keep taking penalties, we can keep getting our PP healthy against them.
            Possible Hano could be back for this series which obviously would be huge for us.
            "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
            -Gallagher

R.I.P.
            Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
            Grandma ~ Jan 2004
            Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
            Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Ah but we swept your hot team in their last tAA trip. UMD has to win a league game sometime! This series usually has the home team taking the most points no matter the records. I expect more of the same.
              tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                Ah but we swept your hot team in their last tAA trip. UMD has to win a league game sometime! This series usually has the home team taking the most points no matter the records. I expect more of the same.
                Then why did you call for a split?!?

You must have gone to tUMD.

Any cardinal and black gonna make it to Daloot?

Comment

He's sandbagging...tUMD sweeps.
                  Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                  Originally posted by Quizmire
                  mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                  MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                  MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                  I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

I will be there Friday but I have to work Saturday.
                    UMD will get a league win at some point, I just don't see it this weekend.
                    "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                    -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                    Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                      I will be there Friday but I have to work Saturday.
                      UMD will get a league win at some point, I just don't see it this weekend.
                      Just you or both of you guys?

Comment

Just you or both of you guys?
                        Both of us.
                        After all his Duluth stories, there was no way I was missing a chance to see some Kami's and hockey.
                        -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                        Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

I'll be making the trip north Saturday
                          This is THE State of Hockey. Check your teams roster. I bet there are some Minnesotans on it
                          www.***********/johnnyredshoes

Comment

Both Friday and Saturday.

Comment

No. Worse. Wisconsin for the weekend.
                              Originally posted by Skeeterman
                              Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
                              "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

Working...
                              X