Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Online Streaming...Anyone Else Have a Beef?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Online Streaming...Anyone Else Have a Beef?

So since we all can't travel to away games, we depend on the various video companies to offer us a product for our money, right? Schools have contracts to offer the video stream, but does anyone care about the product offered? Is it the school or the video company who is in charge of the product that we see? Obviously the camera work is done by some student who has NO experience with hockey; neither the rules of the game nor the ebb and flow of the play....so we're left with a half *** product for our money.....does anyone have a solution? I am so sick of watching center ice when the play is at one goal.....help me Obi-Wan

Re: Online Streaming...Anyone Else Have a Beef?

At least you have video. I only have audio and really am tired to hear "goal mouth", and "dispossessed".

Comment

OK, obviously there are not tremendous margins when there are only a few patrons watching each game, but wow! The quality of camera work is so weak, even a student should be able to follow the play; not at AmericaOne covering the CHA. I watched the empty opposite end of the rink at least 30% of the time a game or two ago. Unfortunately with the spotty play by play (at least there was some that game) I really couldn't tell what was going on through the audio. One video started a full 1 hour late as they messed up on the time, now I am sitting toggling between livestats and a black video box. I know they are out there as they had the pregame on before they faded to black. Hope springs eternal the game may be back on before the third.

Comment

Be Grateful!

Comment

Originally posted by backcheck View Post
          OK, obviously there are not tremendous margins when there are only a few patrons watching each game, but wow! The quality of camera work is so weak, even a student should be able to follow the play; not at AmericaOne covering the CHA. I watched the empty opposite end of the rink at least 30% of the time a game or two ago. Unfortunately with the spotty play by play (at least there was some that game) I really couldn't tell what was going on through the audio. One video started a full 1 hour late as they messed up on the time, now I am sitting toggling between livestats and a black video box. I know they are out there as they had the pregame on before they faded to black. Hope springs eternal the game may be back on before the third.
          I suggest calling the University's AD and letting him/her know what you are experiencing. As well, the guy who used to be in charge of B2LiveTV was Bruce Levine and I believe that he is still there after their merger with America One. His phone number was 1-337-303-4198. Direct customer feedback is a good idea.

Comment

For some really good coverage, check out the RPI/RMU game on www.rpitv.org, right now they are between second and third periods. High quality video, with audio being provided by WRPI.

Comment

Originally posted by hab View Post
              For some really good coverage, check out the RPI/RMU game on www.rpitv.org, right now they are between second and third periods. High quality video, with audio being provided by WRPI.
              This has to be the best coverage that I've seen with RPI in the many years that I've watched them! The old B2, new America One was useless for troubleshooting right after the buyout(?) happened. Please contact RPI TV and let them know you watched!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeydad4two View Post
                This has to be the best coverage that I've seen with RPI in the many years that I've watched them! The old B2, new America One was useless for troubleshooting right after the buyout(?) happened. Please contact RPI TV and let them know you watched!!!
                It can't hurt to do that, but both current and former RPI TV members definitely read the men's score threads and probably would also see at least what is posted here on the RPI women's thread.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Mercyhurst @ Yale
                  free live video on Vale All Access
                  pretty good job done except when they lost the feed for part of the 1st

Someone should start a thread on the funniest comments by obvious non-hockey announcers XD

Comment

Originally posted by zoofer View Post
                    So since we all can't travel to away games, we depend on the various video companies to offer us a product for our money, right? Schools have contracts to offer the video stream, but does anyone care about the product offered? Is it the school or the video company who is in charge of the product that we see? Obviously the camera work is done by some student who has NO experience with hockey; neither the rules of the game nor the ebb and flow of the play....so we're left with a half *** product for our money.....does anyone have a solution? I am so sick of watching center ice when the play is at one goal.....help me Obi-Wan
                    No idea what you're talking about; ours is just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeydad4two View Post
                      B2's feed was pathetic because it was meant for standard def analog TV (hence why TV coverage looks fine, but streams don't). RPI-TV actually had to get B2 to overnight a more powerful computer just to handle their awesome feed during the ECAC men's championships. I'm glad the RPI athletics department dumped them.

Comment

2 providers have told me that they have nothing to do with the onsight production, ie. camera work staging, etc. My question to us consumers is doesn't anyone think they should? Why aren't these issues part of a contract so that the game is presented equally no matter who is doing the streaming....just like NBC Sports has to equal MNF and ESPN quality of broadcast....why is this so much to ask! I guess it boils down to market demand.....

Comment

You guys could become NU fans? We have a free HD stream with decent camera work and commentators.

Comment

I know at Clarkson the Arena manager was in charge of making sure the video stream was sent to B2/AmericaOne. The campus TV station was "hired" to do the actual work. My understanding is that the stream providers are just there to provide the bandwidth for the video stream and to be a place people send their money to.

My personal gripe with the current service stuff is that I have to got to a teams site to find the site that they stream on and then pay for games even though I have the B2/AmericaOne package. I would love it if the NCAA picked a stream provider for the entire country so that we would have a standard place to go to find the streams.
                            LETS GO TECH

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                              B2's feed was pathetic because it was meant for standard def analog TV (hence why TV coverage looks fine, but streams don't). RPI-TV actually had to get B2 to overnight a more powerful computer just to handle their awesome feed during the ECAC men's championships. I'm glad the RPI athletics department dumped them.
                              If RPI had replaced them with something, anything, then I would be glad they domped them but this was the first Womens game shown on RPI-TV this year and I am sure it had a lot to do with the men playing at 7. There was no notification that RPI-TV was doing the game and if you went on the ECAC website there was only a link for the Audio.

Does anyone know are there any plans to show the future home games?

At least when they travel I get to see the games.

Comment

Working...
                              X