Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI Hockey 2012-2013 Part II: You Better Starting Posting the Engineer Way

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
    tb and I should be out of choir pratice by then. btw-nice article about your school in the record.
    RPI or some other school that fr joe is involved with?
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
      I guess walking out of the arena with a sling or crutches means nothing to you, but don't let that stop your witch hunt.
      I repeat: you won. Walk proud. Mission accomplished.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
        RPI or some other school that fr joe is involved with?
        other school.
        "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Word here at the HFH is Lee will dress for warm-ups and see if he can play. Extra forward will be in warm-ups just in case.

Comment

Originally posted by rsfs04 View Post
            Word here at the HFH is Lee will dress for warm-ups and see if he can play. Extra forward will be in warm-ups just in case.
            I guessed that since Tinordi was udner Burgdoerfer that was the possible switch, but of course it is Lee. My bad.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

According to the chat feed for the women's game, Kasdorf gets the start.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                I guessed that since Tinordi was udner Burgdoerfer that was the possible switch, but of course it is Lee. My bad.
                Didn't know line charts were already available, thought I was spreading the word early.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                  Brutlag stood behind the bench when he was injured during the Colgate game that year. The team had much more of a oligarchal leadership within the players themselves, which is probably what led Appert to say last year that he needs to take control, and is why it took so long to pick a captain this year.
                  This is nothing but conjecture, it should be noted.
                  Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by PKBomber View Post
                    Stay@homeDad, so as one of the “respectful posters,” I wonder what good you thought might come from announcing whose camp said what in the stands during the course of a game? To my way of thinking, identifying the player camp that may or may not have offered a particular comment on the quality of the any Mercyhurst goal adds little weight or validity to the observation. And while this may not have been the intent behind mentioning a specific player’s camp, such a posting on this thread could have the effect of stirring up trouble by implying that friends or family of the player might be sitting in the stands being critical of other RPI team members. I can’t imagine that would have the effect of enhancing team relations. But at least the families/camps of all the players have been served with a valuable reminder that there may be folks in the stands listening in on their conversations, ready to report to the world what they are saying.
                    Personally I did not think any good would come from what I announced. Think you are correct that it does not add any weight as to the observation and it could have been John Doe for what it matters. It was not my intent in mentioning the player's camp and agree I should not have probably mentioned it on here as to where I had heard it. However, I do disagree with the possible effect of it enhancing team relations. If any player on the team thinks that every family member of the team is not going to be critical of their play I think that is an ignorant player. I don't care who you are in this world we all are scrutinized in one thing or another by some body love it or not. Hell the person that started this website did it, I am sure, knowing that the main purpose of it was for people like us to come and ***** and complain about what it is we see on the ice from these young men. Also to compliment them when we think they did well. Unfortunately, lately we have not been able to compliment often. Therefore, I do not think it matters if another players family member or friend of family something about an other player on the team. Knowing most of these guys personally I really do not think they could care less what any of us have to say let alone even read this **** we post. I know Bryce and a bunch of the guys personally and have no problem telling them to their faces what I really think of their game on particular nights, and have done so. Some of them take it like men and some hate me because of it. Either way I let them know what I think based on how I saw things. How they take it I cannot control but I do not intend harm in any way towards them. I just hope they are able to see things from different peoples perspectives, digest them, and perhaps use them to their advantage. Personally, I think, education is the best thing anyone can have and it comes from everyday we live on this earth. So if by me posting posting Bailen Sucks because he is a puck hog, which I really do not believe he sucks as a player but is a puck hog, helps him to pass the puck more if he reads these posts then I think I may have done him some good. The same that you mentioning this to me has brought light to me that yes, I should have not mentioned where I heard it and will be more careful in the future to not mention where I do here things if I decide to post them.

Comment

• Re: RPI Hockey 2012-2013 Part II: You Better Starting Posting the Engineer Way

Tonight's game. Thought we came out and dominated the 1st period even though we did not score a goal! We had a few good chances and did not capitalize on them. Not sure what happened to the team I saw in the 1st period but they did not come out in the 2nd. 3rd period we started to go back to the team that played in the 1st. Defense played a lot better than the night before. I wonder it that was because they were worried having a freshman goalie in between the pipes. Kasdorf for the most part looked good to me in net. I know a few might disagree with me on this but I did think he gave up a lot of rebounds. Actually the 1st goal in my thoughts were his fault as he should have smothered the puck and not given up the rebound on the initial shot that eventually led to the goal. Having said that I do think we need to start him and ride him out going forward as he seems to have, as I have said before, a bigger presence in between the pipes and makes the big saves at big times in the game. Was nice to see Miller finally get his first goal of his college career with all the hard work he has been putting in thus far. Another good game for Fulton, my Rudy, of the team who keeps surprising me. Glad to see Burgs get a goal too for all the hard work he has been putting in these past couple of games. As for Haggs I think I will need to spend some time with him practicing how not to hit posts anymore and putting the puck into the net.

Comment

• Re: RPI Hockey 2012-2013 Part II: You Better Starting Posting the Engineer Way

Originally posted by Stay@homeDad View Post
                        Tonight's game. Thought we came out and dominated the 1st period even though we did not score a goal! We had a few good chances and did not capitalize on them. Not sure what happened to the team I saw in the 1st period but they did not come out in the 2nd. 3rd period we started to go back to the team that played in the 1st. Defense played a lot better than the night before. I wonder it that was because they were worried having a freshman goalie in between the pipes. Kasdorf for the most part looked good to me in net. I know a few might disagree with me on this but I did think he gave up a lot of rebounds. Actually the 1st goal in my thoughts were his fault as he should have smothered the puck and not given up the rebound on the initial shot that eventually led to the goal. Having said that I do think we need to start him and ride him out going forward as he seems to have, as I have said before, a bigger presence in between the pipes and makes the big saves at big times in the game. Was nice to see Miller finally get his first goal of his college career with all the hard work he has been putting in thus far. Another good game for Fulton, my Rudy, of the team who keeps surprising me. Glad to see Burgs get a goal too for all the hard work he has been putting in these past couple of games. As for Haggs I think I will need to spend some time with him practicing how not to hit posts anymore and putting the puck into the net.
                        SHD, this is a pretty impressive post especially in light that you have half the load on when you wrote it at 1am.
                        "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Ed Weaver's article http://www.troyrecord.com/articles/2...mode=fullstory about Saturday's game.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

A nice feeling to have a 2 win weekend. But i have to put it in perspective for myself. We are still 3-5-2 and 0-4 in the ECAC. A long way to climb (which seems the case evry year lately). But i must admit this team is exciting. I love the fact that we have more offense-Laliberte, Neal, Haggerty, etc are fun to watch. And if he stays healthy, JL is going to be one real good NCAA player. I especially love the way some of our bigger boys are hitting-Curadi and Tinordi just make teams skate with their heads up and a quick look over the shoulder. The hits even sound better this year. No the opoosition wasn't Cornell or Union-but we outscored somebody 4-3 for the weekend and after going 5-19 over the past 2 weekends it will certainly mean I take less valium.

I am still expecting more from this defense though-the chemistry i expected to see after the latter part of last season is just not there yet. Years ago I coined the phrase the Dreaded Second period as we just seemed to always be flat for the middle 20 minutes. For a while we seemed to have corrected that. But this year-we just seem half asleep during that period. Cannot put my finger on it-the goaltending is a little less sharp in the 2nd, the defense just lapses into a coma and allows more odd man rushes, and the forwards forget to forecheck. Just an observation and really hae no clue why this has happened. But if we can just turn that 20 minutes around (i do not have the stats but know we are outscored by plenty in that period), we could be looking a whole lot better. Go Red! and lets get ready for 2 weeks from now and get some league wins!!
                            Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Kasdorf looked good tonight. I say put him out there in ECAC play and see what happens. Two goalie race now between Diebold and Kasdorf.
                              Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                                A nice feeling to have a 2 win weekend. But i have to put it in perspective for myself. We are still 3-5-2 and 0-4 in the ECAC. A long way to climb (which seems the case evry year lately). But i must admit this team is exciting. I love the fact that we have more offense-Laliberte, Neal, Haggerty, etc are fun to watch. And if he stays healthy, JL is going to be one real good NCAA player. I especially love the way some of our bigger boys are hitting-Curadi and Tinordi just make teams skate with their heads up and a quick look over the shoulder. The hits even sound better this year. No the opoosition wasn't Cornell or Union-but we outscored somebody 4-3 for the weekend and after going 5-19 over the past 2 weekends it will certainly mean I take less valium.

I am still expecting more from this defense though-the chemistry i expected to see after the latter part of last season is just not there yet. Years ago I coined the phrase the Dreaded Second period as we just seemed to always be flat for the middle 20 minutes. For a while we seemed to have corrected that. But this year-we just seem half asleep during that period. Cannot put my finger on it-the goaltending is a little less sharp in the 2nd, the defense just lapses into a coma and allows more odd man rushes, and the forwards forget to forecheck. Just an observation and really hae no clue why this has happened. But if we can just turn that 20 minutes around (i do not have the stats but know we are outscored by plenty in that period), we could be looking a whole lot better. Go Red! and lets get ready for 2 weeks from now and get some league wins!!
                                You mean 8-3?

It's nice to see a win, but obviously I'm not going to read too much into it. It's only one team. If we can pull two more wins (which will be tough seeing as how we usually tie Q-Pac on even-odd years), then I think we'll start showing some confidence in this team going into the bulk of league play. We do have to remember that this is a hockey game and not a basketball game; it's 60 minutes instead of 40.

Comment

Working...
                                X