Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2012-2013 Part II: You Better Starting Posting the Engineer Way

Ed "Dream" Weaver examines the first half with our great Coach.
    http://www.troyrecord.com/articles/2...mode=fullstory
    "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

• Re: RPI Hockey 2012-2013 Part II: You Better Starting Posting the Engineer Way

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
      Nothing about the epic game vs. Bye. It must have ended after the article was written.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Just got home from the game vs. Bye. Kasdorf stopped close to 200 shots while the Bye keeper Wall stopped 12....yes we were outshot by the Bye team. Good news is we finally broke the dreaded tan suit curse by managing a tie vs. Bye.
        Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
          Maybe we can figure it out. Here are the scoring and penalties according to my scorecard. if there were changes in scoring after the game, I probably didn't modify my card.

1 7:14 Cornell Duthie (Lowe)
          1 18:23 RPI Bean (Law, Mitchell)
          2 14:26 Cornell McCutcheon (Pettit, Lowe)
          2 19:11 RPI Law (Scammell)
          3 7:59 Cornell Ryan (Cornell, Tufford)
          3 10:29 RPI Law (Scammell, McKersie)
          OT 6:09 RPI Hearns (Sherwood, Stabler)

1 11:43 RPI Ingham (Cross Checking)
          1 17:43 Cornell Fullan (Tripping)
          2 10:13 RPI Sherwood (interference)
          2 10:56 Cornell Cornell (Cross Checking)
          3 14:22 Cornell Coviello (Holding)
          3 14:22 Cornell Coviello (Elbowing)
          OT 0:37 RPI Bean (Interference)

Saves
          RPI Nichol 13-13-9-5=40
          Cornell Dryden 14-5-6-4=29
          Great record keeping RB-appreciated. I think Kurt has a picture of the final goal being scored in his wonderful book. If anyone cares to try you can look really closely into the stands behind where Hearns took the shot and see one fanatical DrD almost pass out in shock. I do not think I have ever heard a noise level comparable to what erupted right then. No one wanted to leave the old HFH. Just an incredible moment.

This and the 3-3 tie with Clarkson in December 1970 are my most memorable RPI home games ever.
          Last edited by DrDemento; 12-16-2012, 01:39 PM.
          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

I don't think that this ECAC interview with Jason Kasdorf has been posted here yet:

****** src="http://static.psbin.com/6/v/frh76l2xep0g0f/Jason_Kasdorf.MP3" Loop=0 Volume=100 Panel="true" Height=20 Width=200 Controller="true" Autostart="false" Autoplay="false" Type="audio/mpeg">
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Nice article in WaP's "What if" series of about scholarships at RPI.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

S-F recap article mentions JL's brother Yanik (great name) had 2 buckets for Hawkesbury on Friday night...(some kid named Pontarelli did ok also.)

Yes RB, I know we have no idea if we have any interest, but it mentions JL and is better than all this B.S. about bye games.
                Yanik's line to date is: 31 - 12 - 13 - 25

http://www.standard-freeholder.com/2...for-pontarelli
                Last edited by Wicked Slappaahs; 12-17-2012, 10:16 AM.
                ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                  I'd love to know for sure. I hit many of the spots back in the 60's but really started to tour the spots with Jen starting around 1975. I can think of a long list of places-some really nice, and some dives that we were afraid to go into. That North Troy/Lansingburg area had quite a few of them.

edit-was it any place near the Old Daly Inn??
                  Great story Doc -- I'd love to see the pic. Reminds me of my 8th grade math teacher, who had the good fortune of sitting behind the USA net when we won gold in 1980. His screaming/rejoicing mug shot was on the cover of Sport Illlustrated, and newspapers around the world.
                  ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

With 5 ooc games coming up, any thought on whether we get all three goalies in to keep them sharp?
                    I think that Diebold and Merriam should get at least one start each, and at the same time get Kasdorf ready for the ECACH push.
                    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                    Benjamin Franklin
                    The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                    Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                      With 5 ooc games coming up, any thought on whether we get all three goalies in to keep them sharp?
                      I think that Diebold and Merriam should get at least one start each, and at the same time get Kasdorf ready for the ECACH push.
                      Perhaps we see Diebold against Bear Trapp? It wouldn't surprise me to see Merriam in one of the SCSU games.

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
                        Tear off the rear view mirror, throw it out the window. Thats all the retrospective I'm interested in re: the 1st half of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                          Perhaps we see Diebold against Bear Trapp?

He's still on the team?

Edit: Didn't think so. I didn't think time was moving THAT slowly.
                          Last edited by jericho; 12-17-2012, 10:57 AM.
                          Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
                            He's still on the team?

Edit: Didn't think so. I didn't think time was moving THAT slowly.
                            He graduated a year after me; I even friended him on Facebook his freshman year. He wasn't on the team in 09-10, either, yet he was still referenced by the crowd.

I'm not sure what the result of the first time we played them was, but if I were a betting man, I'd put my money that the game goes to OT. It's done that at least 3 out of 5.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                              He graduated a year after me; I even friended him on Facebook his freshman year. He wasn't on the team in 09-10, either, yet he was still referenced by the crowd.

I'm not sure what the result of the first time we played them was, but if I were a betting man, I'd put my money that the game goes to OT. It's done that at least 3 out of 5.
                              But SHU's record this year is by far the worst of all of OOC opponents, not even considering the level of play in the AHA compared to the other leagues.

I will probably eat my words.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                                But SHU's record this year is by far the worst of all of OOC opponents, not even considering the level of play in the AHA compared to the other leagues.

I will probably eat my words.
                                So was our former travel partner's record last year.

Comment

Working...
                                X