Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2012-2013 Part II: You Better Starting Posting the Engineer Way

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    Granted, I don't recall the BRO being on the ice in the 2nd. Perhaps that was punishment enough in coach's eyes, and if that's the case, I'm satisfied.
    I wasn't watching with that level of detail so you may be correct.

Comment

• Re: RPI Hockey 2012-2013 Part II: You Better Starting Posting the Engineer Way

Originally posted by hrbrendan View Post
      I wasn't watching with that level of detail so you may be correct.
      I only listened to the third because this ISP is a POS when it comes to Youtube and evenings.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
        OK, now you're getting on my nerves Fish.....DO NOT mention Frank Pepe to me...especially on a Friday night !!!! **** you. I have a VERY unhealthy addiction to Pepe... which is, THE WORLDS GREATEST PIZZA. Bar none.
        Sorry my man, just gotta pump up the family business. Grandmothers family owns it...
        Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

Kasdorf was awesome last night. Especially impressed by his rebound control. Was really glad to see John Rogic play so well, he was flying last night (cue the youtube RB). With regard to Kasdorf playing, I don't think SA will ever go down the Lange/York road again. Congrats to Coach and the boys for getting off the snide.
          "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
            Kasdorf was awesome last night. Especially impressed by his rebound control. Was really glad to see John Rogic play so well, he was flying last night (cue the youtube RB). With regard to Kasdorf playing, I don't think SA will ever go down the Lange/York road again. Congrats to Coach and the boys for getting off the snide.
            Rogic always seems to be flying-but last night he was a bit more under control (albeit missing on a breakaway). But as is being shown more and more-being on a line with JL can get you some extra chances. The kid just has something that is hard to quantify. He finds people on the ice, he seems to make the ice more open and he is not afraid to go into the offensive zone and do a little work. I know last year did not show it-for whatever reasons-but as I had been hoping for 2 years before he came-he really will be something special for us.
            Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
              Great point Doc. Absolutely. Kasdorf better be in net tomorrow, or I'm gonna drive down and meet SA at the locker room door at the 1st intermission. But to your point, I was cranky this week and wanted some action -- and that is what we got from SA and the staff. Hats off to them for having the boys ready to rock. Now I wanna see it again tomorrow. (Yes, I am greedy)
              Expecting a totally different game today. Ovioudsly Brown is not Yale. They will clog up in front of the net and disrupt in front of ours. This one will be more physical. My biggest concern is as usual-special teams. We may see a ton of crap called early to set the tone. We need to win that battle, and win it early in the game. Although we played a very strong 60 minutes last night-I would suspect SA will make some changes for today-if only because of the shortened rest time with the early start. This kindof thing usually affects the visiting team more as they are on the road with an entirely different schedule than usual. The guys at home at least get to sleep in their own beds and have their routine slightly less interrupted.

Comment

Originally posted by hrbrendan View Post
                The decision to sit a guy vs not sit a guy is a slipperly slope. The kind of boneheaded giveaways that were on display tonight didn't make a lick of difference. On a different night they can lose you a game. On the wrong night they can end your season. If there were a game to bench someone in, tomorrow is probably the one. I personally would have sat him down tonight mid game. A large lead gives you the flexibility to do things like that, and there is something to be said for 'punishment' being administered directly after the offense when you're doing so to send a message to someone (or a whole team).
                Good points. Mistakes on the ice, giveaways, etc should be cause for some attention from the coach. But that late hit penalty? That was a message that had to be delivered. They were taking some hard shots at our smaller guys in a game that was decided. Someone had to end that right there. And someone had to say-"listen, you guys are coming to Troy later this year-and i am going to be there!" Now who better to make that statement than a 6'5" 255 pound flaming haired young man with a bit of an edge to him? Sometimes hockey can be a little bit like a bar fight. And if i am ever in a bar fight-I want Luke along side me anytime.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                  Expecting a totally different game today. Ovioudsly Brown is not Yale. They will clog up in front of the net and disrupt in front of ours. This one will be more physical. My biggest concern is as usual-special teams. We may see a ton of crap called early to set the tone. We need to win that battle, and win it early in the game. Although we played a very strong 60 minutes last night-I would suspect SA will make some changes for today-if only because of the shortened rest time with the early start. This kindof thing usually affects the visiting team more as they are on the road with an entirely different schedule than usual. The guys at home at least get to sleep in their own beds and have their routine slightly less interrupted.
                  Assuming that we do something special for the PP...

Comment

[QUOTE=Wicked Slappaahs;5570153]#29 perform triple sowcows with the puck only to drill the opponents in the shins instead of passing... [QUOTE=Wicked Slappaahs;5570153]

HaHa and I thought I was the only one who saw this from him. Notice he did not have a hand in any of our scoring last night and we were able to light the lamp 6 times!

Comment

Originally posted by Stay@homeDad View Post
                      HaHa and I thought I was the only one who saw this from him. Notice he did not have a hand in any of our scoring last night and we were able to light the lamp 6 times!
                      I would think, if you would really want to use special teams on the PP, use Bailen as a decoy and have Laliberté take the shot. You have a big body in Tinordi for the screen.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                        That was some time in the past, I've already forgotten what happened. Tomorrow, I will have forgotten what happened tonight.

well perhaps you can at least remember that your "joke" that RPI women are so physically unattractive that you can't tell them apart from men, while it may have been mildly funny the first 25 or 30 times you've told it, is starting to become a bit tiresome and is losing whatever humor it may once have had?

a friendly request, and since typed words sometimes lack tone of voice and body language, said in a mild, bemused tone with a shrug and a gentle smile.

you have your shtick, fine, go with it, just make a small modification on this one point, please.
                        "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

I'm not sure if I was watching a different game but at least the 1st 2 PP's, maybe 3, we had our "A" PP unit on the ice. After the usual big goose egg in those attempts with minimal shots on goal I started to see SA switch it up and run the lines. I also noticed #7 was not getting any ice time after the 1st period so I wonder if he re-injured himself. So I am sure we will see a replacement for him tonight but this is only speculation, I have no inside information or anything saying he is injured but just noticed he was not seeing the ice time and am figuring that is why.

Other than this I would say we played a pretty solid game against a good team. However, this is a team that likes to play our style of hockey, in my eyes. Tonight will be back to a defensive type team who, as some have mentioned, clogs up the neutral zone protects the front of their net. We still have large improvement, IMO, doing this with our D-corps. Kasdorf better be in goal tonight otherwise our great coach really should have his head examined. This kid from what I have seen is the real deal. In the first couple games I thought he gave up some easy rebounds but as everyone could see last night he was like a vacuum cleaner. I just hope our offense did not put too many on the board and saved some for tonight. LET's GO RED!!

Do not forget game time is 4pm today!!

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                            well perhaps you can at least remember that your "joke" that RPI women are so physically unattractive that you can't tell them apart from men, while it may have been mildly funny the first 25 or 30 times you've told it, is starting to become a bit tiresome and is losing whatever humor it may once have had?

a friendly request, and since typed words sometimes lack tone of voice and body language, said in a mild, bemused tone with a shrug and a gentle smile.

you have your shtick, fine, go with it, just make a small modification on this one point, please.
                            I can remember pi to 227 digits. I cannot remember what I typed 10 posts ago. I do not mince words to make it sound more appealing.

Comment

There have been a lot of great comments about the teams play last night, and rightfully so. But I can't believe that nobody has mentioned the play of the Zalewski line. The freshmen were outstanding and give us a line that could put up a ton of points in the next three and half years. Also, the are the most exciting line to watch.
                              Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                              Benjamin Franklin
                              The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                              Gary Player

Comment

Wow!!! good job but they have to get that power play going.
                                I see that Seth is sticking with Kasdorf. That is a good move.
                                They haven't scored 6 goals since....... 2010.
                                6 goals I bet the boys had fun last night. They really have to play hard tonight, no letup.

Comment

Working...
                                X